PDA

View Full Version : NHL Awards

chubluv
06-14-2007, 11:33 PM
I cant believe you guys didnt start a thread about the winners.
:hockey:

Ebenezer
06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
so?? post them!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-14-2007, 11:45 PM

VS. was supposed to air the NHL awards at 7:00pm they moved it to 11:00PM to show a boxing match instead. Typical of VS. can't get anything right! NHL dump VS. and go back to ESPN.

"Here's what happened. Versus was using the CBC signal from Toronto. However CBC is tape delaying the awards and showing them at 8pm local time. Apparently Versus just got the schedule from the NHL (which had the whole thing starting at 7) and never looked at the CBC schedule. Because the CBC feed from Toronto was delayed that would push the broadcast past 9 o'clock when Versus is scheduled for a live boxing match. Thus the decision was made to push the already taped award show to 11 and air the live sporting event."

here are your winners for the 2007 NHL Awards
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/14/live-from-the-nhl-awards/#cont

another note: Lindy didn't win Coach of the Year this year. :blowup: Veinault did of Vancouver

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Supposedly Vs. had a technical issue and couldn't pick up the Canadian feed as they were supposed to. I was a little annoyed when I tried to turn the awards on and saw that new TapouT show.

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Oh, and the only thing a Sabres was up for was Lindy for the Jack Adams award again, which Vancouver's coach won. The rest of the night seemed to be the Sidney Crosby show, shocking...

chubluv
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Broduer won the Vezina over Luongo is a bunch of ****. Roberto Luongo played better then Marty & Marty had a better defence in front of him.

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Broduer won the Vezina over Luongo is a bunch of ****. Roberto Luongo played better then Marty & Marty had a better defence in front of him.

Yes, it's funny since Luongo was 2nd in Hart Trophy voting and Brodeur was 3rd. Shouldn't that indicate that Luongo was better?

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh, and the only thing a Sabres was up for was Lindy for the Jack Adams award again, which Vancouver's coach won. The rest of the night seemed to be the Sidney Crosby show, shocking...

If the NHL did what they really wanted the awards would have been:

Lester B. Pearson Award - Sidney Crosby
Hart Memorial Trophy - Sidney Crosby
James Norris Memorial Trophy - Sidney Crosby
Vezina Trophy - Sidney Crosby
Calder Trophy - Sidney Crosby
Frank J. Selke - Sidney Crosby
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Sidney Crosby
Jack Adams Award - Sidney Crosby
Bill Masterson Memorial Award - Sidney Crosby
King Clancy Award - Sidney Crosby

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2007, 02:17 PM
He is a pretty sweet goalie I've heard...

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-15-2007, 02:49 PM
He is a pretty sweet goalie I've heard...

And coach.

SabreEleven
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
and I bet he can clean jock straps better than any one.

LtFinFan66
06-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Why knock Crosby for being good

Just like NASCAR fans knocking Jeff Gordon.

BlackMetalNinja
06-15-2007, 10:43 PM

It's not knocking him because he's good... we all realize that. It's knocking him because the league does everything it can to bend over backwards for him. I'm trying to figure out how they maintain their balance while both kissing his ass and giving him a reach around at the same time...

LtFinFan66
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
He's 19. They haven't had time to give him the "Patsie" treatment yet.

BlackMetalNinja
06-16-2007, 07:01 AM
He's 19. They haven't had time to give him the "Patsie" treatment yet.

Since I probably watch about 500 times as much hockey as you do, I'm going to have to discredit your opinion totally on this one Dan...

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-16-2007, 08:36 AM

I am not knocking him either, just having fun.

chubluv
06-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Crosby gets to much special treatment. Why does he get star treatment on the ice before he EARNS it. When he started 2 years ago you couldnt touch him on the ice. What did he do yet in the NHL? Nothing.

HE is a great player dont get me wrong, and after 2 years he has a chance to be one of the best, but the NHL isnt going any where if they are going to change his diapers all the time.

The NHL should should be thinking of how to promote team play and not individual play. They should also figure out why the playoffs are played different then the regular season. Why even play the regular season if the style of post season play isnt even the same? Just play a huge ass tournament to decide the cup.