• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Players On The Decline

TRENT GREEN, QB, MIAMI
    After an impressive four-year run that included three consecutive 4,000-yard seasons, the two-time Pro Bowler struggled when he came back from a major head injury last season. He just didn't seem to have the same rhythm and timing, and his indecisiveness in the pocket resulted in several poor throws and interceptions.

Now in Miami and surrounded by a weaker offensive cast, he may not have enough weapons to return to the elite level he was at a few years ago.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Players On The Decline

I honestly thought it was gonna be Spikes! I agree that he shouldnt be on the list though, hes got some gas left and I do wish he was still a bill.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

TKO, Zach Thomas, Randy Moss, TO, Edge, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Chad Pennington, Jonathan Ogden, Leonard Davis, Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb, Bret Favre, Daunte Hall, Jeff Garcia, John Kitna, Steve McNair, Derek Mason, Keenan McKardell, those guys are my picks
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

If I were a Miami fan I wouldn't be counting on Trent Green to resurrect the franchise.

This is there Drew Bledsoe. I would be hoping that Beck makes a run.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Trent Green is washed up and without the Kansas City OL, he will get killed!

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Miami is going to be known as the team that killed Trent Green. They mind as well trade for Holmes too so they can kill two Chiefs with one stone.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

Poor Trent, I actually think he's a good guy and he still has some years left, but the Miami O Line is going to rapidly decrease the amount of years he has left. Then again he could be Steve McNair who'se career will be ended by a massive injury caused by a bullrushing DE who will nail him while McGayhe sidesteps him so he can continue to eat his quizznoes

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by madness
                Miami is going to be know as the team that killed Trent Green. They mind as well trade for Holmes too so they can kill two Chiefs with one stone.
                I'd be all for it.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

One other strike not to mention his declining skills is he has to learn the whole system in 3 months. Its not like he signed in March. It was in June until he got his first glimpse of the playbook.

Comment

• Static
                    The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    If I were a Miami fan I wouldn't be counting on Trent Green to resurrect the franchise.

This is there Drew Bledsoe. I would be hoping that Beck makes a run.

He's just a stop gap for a year or two.....that's all.

Comment

• Static
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by don137
                      One other strike not to mention his declining skills is he has to learn the whole system in 3 months. Its not like he signed in March. It was in June until he got his first glimpse of the playbook.

That's why Cam wanted him cause he knows Cam's system...so he doesn't have to relearn a whole new system.

Comment

• Static
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Trent Green is washed up and without the Kansas City OL, he will get killed!

Look i'm not having any playoff dreams with Green as our QB this year but i don't think it is going to be doom and gloom...we will probably be middle of the road....probably like when ferotte was QB.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
                          Look i'm not having any playoff dreams with Green as our QB this year but i don't think it is going to be doom and gloom...we will probably be middle of the road....probably like when ferotte was QB.
                          I agree, he's a very serviceable QB and there's still a chance he might surprise a lot of people and that chance depends on your O-line. I just hope he doesn't take too many hits, otherwise his career is going to be over real quick. Hopefully Cam is smart enough to sacrifice his TE's if the line can't hold up.
                          Last edited by madness; 06-15-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Static
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by madness
                            I agree, he's a very serviceable QB and there's still a chance he might surprise a lot of people and that chance depends on your O-line. I just home he doesn't take too many hits, otherwise his career is going to be over real quick. Hopefully Cam is smart enough to sacrifice his TE's if the line can't hold up.

Yeah I am hoping Cam has a good game plan for our oline, cause it could be a quick career for Green if it is anything like last year.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
                              Yeah I am hoping Cam has a good game plan for our oline, cause it could be a quick career for Green if it is anything like last year.
                              It will be interesting to see how he handles the situation. As far back as Michigan it seems Cam always had a decent or above average line to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X