• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

1st 6 Games

If the Bills are going to have ANY chance of legitmiately contending for a playoff birth this season, they must get off to a better start over the first 6 games of the season.

I did a little research and this decade the Bills are only 16-26 over their first six games. In fact, during that span they have NEVER had a winning record through game six.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: 1st 6 Games

The first 6 games are very tough. I will be pretty happy if they can start 3 - 3. I think a 3 - 3 start would give them a shot at the playoffs.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
      The first 6 games are very tough. I will be pretty happy if they can start 3 - 3. I think a 3 - 3 start would give them a shot at the playoffs.
      a LONG shot- it would mean we'd have to finish 7-3. That's a hell of a run.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

What I hate about the schedule from a playoff competiting standpoint is that 5 of the last 7 games are on the road.

WHen a team is this young and overall inexperienced, winning on the road is a hard thing to do.

5 of our first 8 games are at home, even though they're all good teams, we have to find a way to win 4 of them.

Comment

• eyedog
          • Jul 2002

I'd be very happy with 3-3 after 6 games.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
            • Jun 2006

Sun. 9/9 DENVER BRONCOS CBS 1:00 PM
            Sun. 9/16 @ Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 1:00 PM
            Sun. 9/23 @ New England Patriots CBS 1:00 PM
            Sun. 9/30 NEW YORK JETS CBS 1:00 PM
            Mon. 10/8 DALLAS COWBOYS ESPN 8:30 PM
            BYE 10/14 BYE BYE
            Sun. 10/21 BALTIMORE RAVENS CBS 1:00 PM

I won't lie -I am a homer but I see us, and very realistically going 5-1.

Why? Well I am glad you asked:

Week 1 Broncos: The Rockpile will be packed, Jay Cutler is unproven and the Horsies can't stop the run any better than we can and the home field gives us the advantage

Week 2 Squeelers: They are going to be horrible this season, just a hunch but I think they are going to be horrible

Week 3 Pats: We will not win in New England, we just do not win there against Bellyjerk

Week 4 Jests: They may be the most overrated team in the NFL and its at home

Week 5 Cowboys: Monday Night in the Ralph, it will be close and I know Dallas is the best in their division but the AFC, including us, is better than the NFC

Week 7 Ravens: They are going to go over like a lead balloon.

At worst I see us going 4-2 (losing against Dallas and New England) and at best going 5-1. Or hell, this might be the year that God turns hell into an Ice rink and Satan buys an NHL franchise and we beat New England. Right now, however I expect no less than 4-2 and 5-1 is what I believe we are capable of. However, I will wait and see and make another reply after training camp and the preseason. BTW I will be in town for the Fish and Ravens games, what are some good hotels and what is there to do on say friday evening and saturday?

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

2-3 by the bye at a minimum, and chalk up a win for that Raven game. I could realistically see us at 4-2 after our first six. The Denver game is beyond huge. Our young team would benefit tremendously from the confidence boost we would receive from a week one win. Even if we lose that game, 3-3 is well in the realm of significant possibilities. If we're 4-2, the renaissance has arrived!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Having a winning record in the first 6 games is a tall order, since 5 out of those 6 teams were playoff teams last year, and the other was SB champ two years ago.

It'll certainly say a lot about this team after those 6 games. We'll see.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  If the Bills are going to have ANY chance of legitmiately contending for a playoff birth this season, they must get off to a better start over the first 6 games of the season.
                  The Bills could very easily lose their first 6 games. Especially if they play the way they finished the season last year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

What I hate about the schedule from a playoff competiting standpoint is that 5 of the last 7 games are on the road.

WHen a team is this young and overall inexperienced, winning on the road is a hard thing to do.

5 of our first 8 games are at home, even though they're all good teams, we have to find a way to win 4 of them.
                    I agree, and I think we will. We have played the Pats tough in our first meeting with them (for the most part) since that 31-0 party here at the Ralph in '03, and I could see us surprising them this year, even though its on the road. Thats a tough game, and I see us losing at least one out of the Broncos and Cowboys games, if not both, plus Baltimore's D is preeeeeeetty good, so realistically I'll say we'll be 3-3. I do believe, as some have pointed out, that if we win the Denver game, we could carry the momentum through and perhaps be 4-2 or 5-1, but there's no way we get through that lineup unscathed.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Removed some non-football related posts.

Continue on without bickering and attacks please.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        Removed some non-football related posts.

Continue on without bickering and attacks please.
                        Thank you.

I offered no predictions on what are record will be over the first six games. I merely illustrated the first 6 games are very important and we need to get off to a better start than we have this decade if we want to contend. 5 of our 7 last seven are on the road, a daunting task- especially for a young team.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

. 5 of our 7 last seven are on the road, a daunting task- especially for a young team.
                          The first 6 are no cakewalk either.
                          4 of them are against playoff teams from the year before and the other 2 games are against good teams who just had an off year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            The first 6 are no cakewalk either.
                            4 of them are against playoff teams from the year before and the other 2 games are against good teams who just had an off year.
                            We dont have ANY CAKEWALK games. we're not good enough to have cakewalk games.

I could easily see us going 1-5 through six games.. That wasnt my point.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                              • May 2005

Out of those first 6... Homer BMN says 4-2 while Realist BMN says 2-4... Let's just go for 3-3. Either way, I see us having a very tough time with the road games down the strech..

Comment

Working...
                              X