PDA

View Full Version : My Marshawn Lynch thread

Buffalogic
06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok guys I just wanted to let you all know that I am very impressed by Marshawn Lynch. Pre draft I was drooling over Peterson and didn't really want the bills to draft Lynch, I was pretty skeptical.

After watching all of the OTA and minicamp coverage on bb.com, many coaches were asked about Marshawn and there was a recurring trend. Almost everyone talked about how hungry he is and his drive to succeed. Lynch seems determined to be the best player and teammate he can be and that's really all we can hope for at this point.

Keep up the good work Marshawn! :up:

patmoran2006
06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Good post.

He's looking great so far. I dont see how any one can criticize this draft pick.

Our other biggest holes were at LB, DT, WR and CB. No LB, WR or CB was worth the #12 pick..........and although Carriker would've been a nice DT at #12 its looking Lynch is going to make the offense much better than McGahee did.

SquishDaFish
06-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Cant wait for the season just to watch this kid run the rock BABY!!

Calmatteye
06-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Just wait until he gets pads on and people realize how hard it is to tackle this kid. I saw him get hit by a whole defense and not get tackled at times while at Cal. Tedford made it a point after his freshman year to make him understand that sometimes you just have to go down...it's not worth a freak knee injury.

HHURRICANE
06-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I watched the mini camp and videos and this kid can cut and run. He looked alot like a bigger Thurman Thomas.

I think this ked is going to be a monster!!!

patmoran2006
06-15-2007, 09:56 PM
he seems absolutely HELLBENT on being the best RB in football and will do whatever he needs to do to be the best. I bet if Jauron asked him he'd be the wedge buster on the kickoff team.

Buffalogic
06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
There is footage from the minicamp where Tyke Tolbert, the wide receivers coach talked about Marshawn approaching him and asking for help running better routes. Lynch seems determined to be a complete running back instead of an over-hyped blockhead who thinks he's better than anyone else. Best offseason move was dumping McGahee, who cares what the rest of the nation thinks. Who knows better than us?

YardRat
06-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Attitude and desire are necessary qualities to have to achieve success. Nice to see the kid displaying both early on.

evol4276
06-16-2007, 05:54 AM
wait u mean he doesnt wanna stay at his hometown and practice with his buddies, and he shows he cares about the team? geez.. looks like he's a step up already from what we had. It sucks cuz I actually liked McGahee.. but after seeing how this kid is handling himself, Im slowly starting to degrade on that. my god i hope and can't wait to see this dude tear it up. just the real quick shot i saw on the inside minicamp thing, they showed him on a run (which was like one of 2 runs in the entire show). He had a run on the inside, planted his right foot, and jolted to the left side so fast and crisply. It was a small less noticable move, but it gave me goosebumps. I love shifty runners. Plus the fact that he's who i was pulling for ever since i learned who he was at the beginning of the offseason, I REALLY like this kid. Good stuff Buffalo. Good stuff.

evol4276
06-16-2007, 05:55 AM
i shuldnt say kid.. he's older than me hahaha

Luisito23
06-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Must suck to be a Packers' fan...:oops: ....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Goobylal
06-16-2007, 08:33 AM
wait u mean he doesnt wanna stay at his hometown and practice with his buddies, and he shows he cares about the team? geez.. looks like he's a step up already from what we had. It sucks cuz I actually liked McGahee..
I liked McGahee as well...in the beginning. I admired how hard he worked to rehab himself from his devastating injury and how he seemed grateful to have been drafted by the Bills. But slowly he began to become a prima donna when he hadn't done anything to deserve it. I hope Lynch doesn't turn out the same way.

patmoran2006
06-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I liked McGahee as well...in the beginning. I admired how hard he worked to rehab himself from his devastating injury and how he seemed grateful to have been drafted by the Bills. But slowly he began to become a prima donna when he hadn't done anything to deserve it. I hope Lynch doesn't turn out the same way.
I think McGahee had a lot shadier of an entourage in his life--- starting with his scumbag agent.

HHURRICANE
06-16-2007, 09:05 AM

I actually never saw the grattitude from Willis. He was the one that announced that "he better be the starter or he wants to be traded." God forbid that he might have to be out Travis for the job.

Do players like this ever work out? No. The Ravens are going to find out quickly what they have. I hope the Bills O is a s good as I think it is this year.

justasportsfan
06-16-2007, 09:30 AM
There is footage from the minicamp where Tyke Tolbert, the wide receivers coach talked about Marshawn approaching him and asking for help running better routes. Lynch seems determined to be a complete running back instead of an over-hyped blockhead who thinks he's better than anyone else. Best offseason move was dumping McGahee, who cares what the rest of the nation thinks. Who knows better than us?
Whatch talkin about? Willis this time was working hard. Running routes to hit holes which helped him produce.

OH and let me be the first to say, what do you think they were gonna say about lynch? They drafted the next Clarrett?

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Best offseason move was dumping McGahee, who cares what the rest of the nation thinks. Who knows better than us?

F***in' A, dude! :up:

Tatonka
06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
there has not been a single interview.. by lynch or about him, that has done anything but impress me.. the guy exudes every quality you want in a teammate.. i keep thinking about that long interview i saw back from when he was in college that jjamez posted ( i think ).. i couldnt get over how he talked so highly about every other running back on the roster at cal.. saying that it was just a matter of time before everyone knows their name.. i know that he will be the same way with D. Wright and the other guys...

i will be honest.. i had some doubts prior to the draft about if he was a "bills" guy.. but as soon as we drafted him, it just felt right..

i really cant wait to see even a preseason game.

Philagape
06-16-2007, 04:44 PM
We have our triplets :up:

Buffalogic
06-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd love to see Marshawn throw a TD pass to Evans in a game this year. Actually, better yet, I'd love to see him throw a touchdown to JP!

Ingtar33
06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
he has a whole lot of LT in him.

a lot of shiftiness, hard to take down, fast, and just all round complete back.

Goobylal
06-16-2007, 07:47 PM
We have our triplets :up:
Still waiting for quadruplets (TE), and then quintuplets (2nd WR).

Yasgur's Farm
06-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I'd love to see Marshawn throw a TD pass to Evans in a game this year. Actually, better yet, I'd love to see him throw a touchdown to JP!How about 1 to each?

Confused
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I too was drooling over Peterson and cursing the Bills when they didnt trade up with the Redskins to draft him. I was content when they drafted Lynch and slowly but surely I have become super pumped to see this guy run for us. My on;y issue is that his speed. That is what had me going on Peterson. A shify, slashing running back like Lynch can get by fine with a 4.46 40 time but if he had run a 4.40 or high 4.3s then I could agree that he is truly a LT clone. Either way I cant wait to see him play. go bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Calmatteye
06-17-2007, 11:02 AM
While at Cal it was well known he had a stronger arm than any of Cal's QBs. I heard multiple times he could throw it 70 yards. I think he will throw a TD next year for sure.