• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Eagles dont want Darwin back

Eagles | Team does not want Walker back
    Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:01:04 -0700
    Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles do not want Buffalo Bills DT Darwin Walker back because of some offseason moves the team made since the trade, according to a high-ranking team official. If Walker does not report to the Bills by Aug. 5, his rights will be sent back to the Eagles for a sixth-round draft choice.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: EAgles dont want Darwin back

I'd really like to know who this guy thinks he is by holding out. With his attitude, he isn't worth any more than a sixth.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Re: EAgles dont want Darwin back

I think this pretty much seals the deal that he's not coming to Buffalo. He knows Philly doesnt want him back either, and that will get him released and leave him free to work out any deal with any team he wants.

id say **** Darwin Walker but the bottom line is we still need help at DT and unless we sign someone else that we dont know of yet Im not happy about us trading for a guy we couldnt sign.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Re: Eagles dont want Darwin back

We need him...period. Sign him!

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

Am I wrong or would this guy not even be a starter on our team?

Wouldn't he play behind Tripplett and not with McCargo, Williams, etc.?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

He would compete with Tripplett as a starter at the 3 spot and at worst rotate with him.

If we dont sign him or someone else, I fear they will put McCargo back there and rotate Kyle Williams and Tim Anderson at the nose.. ewww

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              He would compete with Tripplett as a starter at the 3 spot and at worst rotate with him.

If we dont sign him or someone else, I fear they will put McCargo back there and rotate Kyle Williams and Tim Anderson at the nose.. ewww
              Is it me, or does it feel that Tim Anderson and Coy Wire have been on the Bills for the past 20 years or so?

Unfortunately, I think Pat is right and if Walker isn't here, we'll be subject to another year of the 300 lbs. invisible man, Tim Anderson.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Confused
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2007

I think all this talk is for nothing. we will sign him. We have a much stronger hand than Darwin does. evryone take a big, deep breathe. yes, we need this guy, yes he wants more money(which he will get) and yes he will shore up our pathetic run D and give us a pass rush threat up the middle. all is well. this is the game nfl players play to get what they want. Do I have to remind you all its still only june? how late did golden boy Whitner hold out till? he was a rookie for crissakes. next topic.........

Comment

• gil
                  • Mar 2005

You know, I still don't buy that we need this guy that much - he's apparently not all that much against the run and his sacks have come in spurts, according to the anectodal but apparently very relevant discussions on message boards that many base judgements about players on these days.

I would even venture to guess that if we signed this guy as free agent, it would be ripped up and down, but I could be wrong.

I don't like what we have at DT, but I don't necessarily think this guy is going to be any sort of solution - but, again, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                    You know, I still don't buy that we need this guy that much - he's apparently not all that much against the run and his sacks have come in spurts, according to the anectodal but apparently very relevant discussions on message boards that many base judgements about players on these days.

I would even venture to guess that if we signed this guy as free agent, it would be ripped up and down, but I could be wrong.

I don't like what we have at DT, but I don't necessarily think this guy is going to be any sort of solution - but, again, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
                    I agree with you in general.

But I think given the state of our cap room (plenty) and quality of personnel at DT (thin) that he's worth more to the Bills than most other teams.

He's by no means Warren Sapp, but I think the team is better with him than without him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                      I think all this talk is for nothing. we will sign him. We have a much stronger hand than Darwin does. evryone take a big, deep breathe. yes, we need this guy, yes he wants more money(which he will get) and yes he will shore up our pathetic run D and give us a pass rush threat up the middle. all is well. this is the game nfl players play to get what they want. Do I have to remind you all its still only june? how late did golden boy Whitner hold out till? he was a rookie for crissakes. next topic.........
                      I disagree about holding the stronger hand.

He doesnt like his contract and we're offering no more money than what he's making, basicaly a ONE year deal take it or leave it. That makes him a year older when he hits the market.

On the other hand, should we not (likely outcome) get the deal done, Walker goes back to Philly, gets cut and becomes a UFA. That gives him the ability to sign for whatever team gives him the best deal.... Certainly someone will give him more than Buffalo, who instead of bumping up his pay are offering a one year, 1.3 million deal.

Comment

• gil
                        • Mar 2005

See, here's my problem - in my opinion, this guy is a not a solution to our biggest problem - stopping the run - he's an average sized penetrating d-tackle - and we're going to sign him to some stupid contract demands that he has and what is he going to do for us - a few sacks a year?

Comment

• streetkings01
                          • Jul 2006

All I know is our run defense was ranked #28 and the Eagles was ranked #26, I think McCargo can at least help us improve by 2 spots and 4.5 yards per game! So in a nut shell......screw Darwin Walker!
                          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                            See, here's my problem - in my opinion, this guy is a not a solution to our biggest problem - stopping the run - he's an average sized penetrating d-tackle - and we're going to sign him to some stupid contract demands that he has and what is he going to do for us - a few sacks a year?
                            That's a good point.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

This guy's starting to seem more and more like a slightly richer man's Ron Edwards with each passing day. He can't stop the run, and his sacks come in garbage time. I'm soured on this whole thing and have changed my opinion: If the Bills send him back to Philly for a sixth, fine. I've done a total 180 here. F Walker.

Comment

Working...
                              X