PDA

View Full Version : Compare These Players

patmoran2006
06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Question.

The following Buffalo Bills. What player would you compare each to the most at this stage of their career and where you think they'll be in the next 1-3 years.?

JP Losman
Angelo Crowell
Keith Elison
Lee EVans
Jason Peters
?

TacklingDummy
06-16-2007, 12:29 PM
JP Losman-Joey Harrington-Rob Johnson: Not in Buffalo
Lee Evans-Marvin Harrison: Not in Buffalo
Brian Moorman-Ray Guy: In Buffalo

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Question.

The following Buffalo Bills. What player would you compare each to the most at this stage of their career and where you think they'll be in the next 1-3 years.?

JP Losman
Angelo Crowell
Keith Elison
Lee EVans
Jason Peters
?

JP = Favre
Crowell = Talley
Ellison = I have no clue
Evans = Harrison
Peters = Roaf
? = !

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I will give the ones that I have thought about before. Lee Evans=Marvin Harrison (Pro Bowl), Jason Peters=Walter Jones (Pro Bowl), J.P. Losman=A really good quarterback (Could be pro bowler).

more cowbell
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Losman - Jake Plummer (When he was on AZ)
Crowell - Takeo Spikes (When he was good)
Ellison - Ryan Nece (A average LB for TB)
Evans - Steve Smith (Explosive and a gamebreaker)
Peters - Levi Jones
Whitner - Henry Jones (Very solid and reliable player, same number too)
Simpson - Dwight Smith (Pro Bowl potential...just needs a few years)

evol4276
06-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Brian Moorman-Ray Guy: In Buffalo

BOOO!!

haha

tampabay25690
06-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Losman - Jake Plummer (When he was on AZ)
Crowell - Takeo Spikes (When he was good)
Ellison - Ryan Nece (A average LB for TB)
Evans - Steve Smith (Explosive and a gamebreaker)
Peters - Levi Jones
Whitner - Henry Jones (Very solid and reliable player, same number too)
Simpson - Dwight Smith (Pro Bowl potential...just needs a few years)

Losman- Good QB possible pro bowler- Drew Brees
Crowell- Good reliable LB-Takeo Spikes, but not as explosive but more consistent
Ellison- Dhani Jones-good speed and consistent player
Evans- Issac Bruce- true #1 in Buff- Pro Bowler 1500 yards this year
Peters-Pro Bowler possibly this year-Best UDFA Bills have ever had
Whitner-Brian Dawkins like- possible pro bowler
Simpson-Good Safety and will only get better-

Generalissimus Gibby
06-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Question.

JP Losman
Angelo Crowell
Keith Elison
Lee EVans
Jason Peters
?
JP- Jim McMahon (Bills)
Crowell- Darryl Talley (Bills)
Elison- Carlton Bailey (gone)
Lee Evans- Lance Alworth (Bills)
Jason Peters- House Ballard (Bills)
Marshawn Lynch- thurmonuclear war (Bills)

YardRat
06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Elison- Carlton Bailey

That was my first thought also.

mayotm
06-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Brian Moorman-Ray Guy: In BuffaloYour hatred for Losman is so weak and tired. Comparing Losman to Rob Johnson is a complete joke.

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Your hatred for Losman is so weak and tired. Comparing Losman to Rob Johnson is a complete joke.

RJ: 9-17? as Bills starter
JP: 8-16 as Bills starter

RJ: 27 TD passes as a Bill
JP: 27 TD passes

RJ: 17 Ints
JP: 23 Ints

RJ: 4798 Yards
JP: 4423

RJ: 30 Games played
JP: 29 games played

RJ: 401 Completions
JP: 384

RJ: 663 Pass attempts
JP: 662

RJ: we all know loved to take sacks
JP : 73 sacks

Both have that "deer in the headlights' look at times. Until last year, JP and RJ were both injury prone, both had a hard time reading defenses, both considered to have Rocket Arms, both can scramble into sacks, both had been labeled to have "potential" .

Shockingly very similar. Except many don't want to see that.

casdhf
06-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Losman is reminding me more of McNabb than Favre, right now.

BillsFanInMass
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
J.P reminds me of steve young accept not being a lefty.

mayotm
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Both have that "deer in the headlights' look at times. Until last year, JP and RJ were both injury prone, both had a hard time reading defenses, both considered to have Rocket Arms, both can scramble into sacks, both had been labeled to have "potential" .

Shockingly very similar. Except many don't want to see that.JP was 5 - 4 in his last 9 starts including 2 final drive wins. Johnson never realized his potential while JP is doing so. You can choose to ignore his improvement if you want. Most educated football fans would acknowledge that JP is getting better.

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
JP was 5 - 4 in his last 9 starts including 2 final drive wins. Johnson never realized his potential while JP is doing so. You can choose to ignore his improvement if you want. Most educated football fans would acknowledge that JP is getting better.

People trying to turn a blind eye only use partial stats.

The reason the Bills won 5 of their last 9 games had more to do with with their defense than anything the offense did.

The reason the Bills lost 4 of their last 9 games had more to do with the offense than it did the defense.

tampabay25690
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Your hatred for Losman is so weak and tired. Comparing Losman to Rob Johnson is a complete joke.

What do you expect that guy is a TOOL BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He dfinitely isn't Rob Johnson...

TacklingDummy
06-17-2007, 08:18 PM
What do you expect that guy is a TOOL BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He dfinitely isn't Rob Johnson...

No place for childish name calling here, thanks.

I agree. RJ had better stats.

TigerJ
06-17-2007, 08:21 PM
JP Losman remeinds me more of Steve Young than anyone else. This is a change for me over the last year. A year ago I would have said "Brett Favre" but Favre has always been a free wheeling "gun-slinger" style QB, and I think we saw signs last year that JP is becoming more disciplined and cerebral than has been Favre's style. Steve Young had a better arm than some some of th other comparisons that have been made (not Favre)

I haven't made up my mind about Crowell or Ellison yet, but I like the Lee Evans/Steve Smith comparison. Marvin Harrison is a probowler with great speed, but he's a little skinnier than Evans, and Steve Smith like Evans is a little more compact WR.

I'll go with Walter Jones for Jason Peters, since I don't have any better option in mind at the moment. I wouldn't go with house Ballard, since I don't think House had the athleticism to excell at LT. I believe he played RT his whole career.

mayotm
06-18-2007, 07:32 AM
People trying to turn a blind eye only use partial stats.

The reason the Bills won 5 of their last 9 games had more to do with with their defense than anything the offense did.

The reason the Bills lost 4 of their last 9 games had more to do with the offense than it did the defense.No, you're turning a blind eye to JP's improvement. There are about 20 HOF QB's that started their career's with similar numbers. I guess they all sucked too. I do realize that responding to your moronic posts is pointless. My mistake.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 07:40 AM
No, you're turning a blind eye to JP's improvement. There are about 20 HOF QB's that started their career's with similar numbers. I guess they all sucked too. I do realize that responding to your moronic posts is pointless. My mistake.

No where have I ever said that JP hasn't improved. In fact I have said many times he has improved.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2007, 07:46 AM
JP Losman - Carson Palmer
Angelo Crowell - Angelo Crowell
Keith Elison - Keith Ellison
Lee EVans - Andre Reed
Jason Peters - The best to ever play LT.
?

mayotm
06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
No where have I ever said that JP hasn't improved. In fact I have said many times he has improved.OK, then wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that JP will continue to improve? Why compare him to Harrington and RJ? Two guys who really never improved much at all.

ParanoidAndroid
06-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Since I received a neg from LTFinFan66 in disagreement of my Favre comparison instead of a disagreement in a post, maybe I shouldn't waste my time. But I remember watching Favre during his first few years in the league. He made huge mistakes even behind a solid O-line, threw more inteceptions than TDs, and generally ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. His fourth year, he settled down and emerged as one of the better QB's in the league.
This thread asked who players reminded us of.
Is it cool for a MOD to misuse the neg function? ***edit*** never mind this last part. Thought he was a mod.

cocamide
06-18-2007, 03:19 PM

The difference is in their attitudes. We hate Rob Johnson because he never seemed to give a **** about his team or winning. He got his paycheck and he was happy. JP seems to be working his ass off and wants to get better and win. If JP has a horrible year in 2007, then we'll have ourselves another QB controversy.

Also, how can you say JP is injury prone? Breaking a leg doesn't automatically make someone prone to injuries. Sometimes, ***** happens

Mad Bomber
06-19-2007, 01:04 PM
No place for childish name calling here, thanks.

I agree. RJ had better stats. RJ sucked balls except for one game aginst the Colts.

TacklingDummy
06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
RJ sucked balls except for one game aginst the Colts.

And yet his overall stats. are slighty better than JP Losman's. Does that mean JP sucks balls?

Someone could say that JP has sucked balls except against the the worst team in the NFL, Houston.

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Question.

JP Losman - Steve Young
Angelo Crowell - Lance Briggs
Keith Elison - Derrick Brooks
Lee Evans - Jerry Rice
Jason Peters - Superman
?

Ickybaluky
06-19-2007, 03:38 PM
And yet his overall stats. are slighty better than JP Losman's. Does that mean JP sucks balls?

It is an interesting comparison, as Losman has thrown about the same number of passes as RJ did for his 4 years in Buffalo:

JP after 3 seasons:

Starts - 24

384 Comp in 662 Att (58.0%)

4,423 Yards (6.7 Yds/Att)

27 TD (4.1% TD%) to 23 Int (3.5 Int%)

77.4 QB Rating

Sacked 74 times

Rob Johnson during his Buffalo tenure:

Starts - 26

401 Comp in 663 Att (60.5%)

4,798 Yards (7.2 Yds/Att)

27 TD (4.1% TD%) to 17 Int (2.6 Int%)

77.4 QB Rating

Sacked 110 times (Wow)

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Wow, I thought JP was bad.....but this just puts a whole new outlook on the situation. Gotta love how Bill fans can spin anything. All the hate Bill fans spewed towards Rob Johnson and he has better stats then JP at the same points in their careers. God this is hilarious, but All we're gonna here from Bill fans till the season starts is how much better the Bills are gonna be this season. Never a word about how their QB poisition is no better now then it was when Rob Johnson (the antichrist) was the starting QB in Buffalo.

casdhf
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Johnson would have been a very good QB if he could stop getting sacked. He played with Flutie for all those years ... too bad he didn't pick up anything from him.