• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

BILLS: Whitner and Simpson hope to be cornerstones

On a defense where there are questions as to who will start at cornerback, linebacker and defensive tackle, having the middle of the field anchored by two returning starters gives the team something to build around. Of course, with an expanded role in the defense comes other responsibilities. Filling the leadership void created by the departures of Nate Clements, London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes is at the top of that list.

“We do feel like we’re ready to step up and be leaders,” Whitner sad. “We’re going to stay vocal.”

That’s something Fewell will be looking for come training camp and the preseason.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: BILLS: Whitner and Simpson hope to be cornerstones

And this is why you don't bring in Darius to start. You don't **** up a good thing.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
      And this is why you don't bring in Darius to start. You don't **** up a good thing.

i agree i see no logic behind a move to bring in darius. both kids played well last year and should continue to grow

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Ko=Future pro bowler. You heard it here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82

Cant even begin to describe the value Darius would have to this team, but thats apparently our mentality, our guys are gods and nothing or nobody can help to improve them
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Cant even begin to describe the value Darius would have to this team, but thats apparently our mentality, our guys are gods and nothing or nobody can help to improve them
            How, by teaching them how to clothes line people? I understand the value of a seasoned vet on two young safeties, but this is no Troy Vincent. These guys are well on their way, and game experience is the best for them at this point IMO. Darius would be a waste of money to just be brought in as a player-coach IMO.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
              How, by teaching them how to clothes line people? I understand the value of a seasoned vet on two young safeties, but this is no Troy Vincent. These guys are well on their way, and game experience is the best for them at this point IMO. Darius would be a waste of money to just be brought in as a player-coach IMO.

You degrade one of the best safeties of all time about a couple of hard/illegal hits. Guess you would never have wanted Ronnie Lott on your team. We have one safety who blew many coverages last year and was out of posistion. Tackling wise he is very good but he has far to come in coverage and understanding of our scheme and his responsibility. The other safety, was good all around but let people get behind him by taking poor angles and really just lacked an overall ball hawking personality that we saw at Ohio State. You also have a huge hole at CB, you have a safety who played CB and was good at it, and with his size, leaping ability, speed, and strength could be a great one. You have yet another safety with great size and intangible but needs to be slowly brought along.

Now you fill in the names. You bring in Darius you provide stability to our defensive backfield, and you fill in a hole we previously did not have filled. You dont, you will continue to see growing pains and mental mistakes made that shouldnt be. These guys arent going to be pro-bowlers over night and I love them both. However they need some help, bc so far they have been on their own to figure out how the hell everything works.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                You degrade one of the best safeties of all time
                ...?Im talking about Darius, who are you talking about?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

NO.. a waste of money is spending only cash to cap, leaving plenty of cap room out there so it can end up disappearing anyway after this season-- which I'm willing to bet it will.

I dont care if he starts or if he's a backup.. If Darius wanted to come here I'd sign him in a second. Or is Leonhard better than him too now?

I hope we sign this guy SOOOO bad at this point, just to see the homeristic turn of events in here in the blink of an eye.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

And I understand your point, I would just rather these guys deal with their growing pains and learn from them. Its gonna happen with Darius on the team or not. Id rather keep Whitner at SS and let him learn and become a rock for a long time, instead of putting him at CB as a short term band aid.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      NO.. a waste of money is spending only cash to cap, leaving plenty of cap room out there so it can end up disappearing anyway after this season-- which I'm willing to bet it will.

I dont care if he starts or if he's a backup.. If Darius wanted to come here I'd sign him in a second. Or is Leonhard better than him too now?

I hope we sign this guy SOOOO bad at this point, just to see the homeristic turn of events in here in the blink of an eye.
                      lol!

And if they did sign him, I am sure you could find a way to ***** about him as the haters change their minfs to always beinn negative as well.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

I know its fun to speculate everytime a decent FA is available, but before everyone gets a hard on, we should realize theres is probably slim to no chance of him coming here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

...?Im talking about Darius, who are you talking about?

COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I know its fun to speculate everytime a decent FA is available, but before everyone gets a hard on, we should realize theres is probably slim to no chance of him coming here.
                            I agree that its common for a team message board to speculate about ANY FREE AGENT.

But this one is legit and fueled by the fact that Buffalo was listed as one of three teams interested in him.

And for all the Marv is God lovers out there, why dis Darius? If Marv is interested in him then it MUST be a good move, right?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              I agree that its common for a team message board to speculate about ANY FREE AGENT.

But this one is legit and fueled by the fact that Buffalo was listed as one of three teams interested in him.

And for all the Marv is God lovers out there, why dis Darius? If Marv is interested in him then it MUST be a good move, right?
                              Of course not, bc he has dirty hits in his career and Simpson and Whitner are god
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X