• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

A plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo after RW passes

RW has an ability to keep the Bills in Buffalo and have his family keep all the money. He needs to start selling percentages of the team off to local owners now before his death. 10% here and 10% there and before you know it you have most of it sold. Their will need to be a lead owner (like Tom G. fingers crossed) that handles the teams affairs.

If RW really cares about seeing his legace live on in Buffalo forever he needs to make the arrangements sooner than later. There is also the possibility that the state of NY itself could assistant with large tax benefits and or a one time capital contribution considering the Bills are the ONLY TEAM THAT PHYSICALLY PLAYS IN NY STATE! I hope they heard that.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: A plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo after RW passes

This quote just really pisses me off!

Wilson said he would not consider selling part of the team to someone in Western new York while he’s still alive to give that person the chance to eventually take over the club.

“That’s absolutely out,” he said.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Sounds like he's starting the process of selling the team, at the very least. Let's not forget the additional hurdle of the new owner/s being approved by the rest of the league...That's going to come into play eventually.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
        That's some pretty clamped thinking there and will mean all the jerseys we buy for the Buffalo Bills may become dishrags when he dies. This also means that if the team becomes successful on the field, their value may go up and lesson the chance of it staying in Buffalo. How ironic is that?

Comment

• njsue
          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
          • Sep 2003

The Fans need to speak out to Mr. Wilson.

*Letters
          *emails

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

has anyone considered the fact he has a wife and a daughter. either one of them could come up with the estate tax and then the bills stay in the family and stay in buffalo.

his daughter is in the scouting department in some capacity sounds to me like shes being groomed to be an owner. yet this story is never written about. if ralph passes sooner or later and let him live as long as he can!, nobody is forcing them to sell they can pay estate tax and keep team!!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
              has anyone considered the fact he has a wife and a daughter. either one of them could come up with the estate tax and then the bills stay in the family and stay in buffalo.

his daughter is in the scouting department in some capacity sounds to me like shes being groomed to be an owner. yet this story is never written about. if ralph passes sooner or later and let him live as long as he can!, nobody is forcing them to sell they can pay estate tax and keep team!!!!!!!
              nice thinking!

but you must have missed this quote....

Ralph Wilson told The Buffalo News that the team will be sold after he dies and that he does not plan to leave the Bills to his wife, Mary.

“I think she’s capable and she could do it, but it would be tough,” the 88-year-old said. “My daughters are interested in the game, but they’re not going to own the team.”

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Mikey, I've been telling you guys this for years...RALPH DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT BUFFALO OR THE FANS OF BUFFALO! If he did, he would be doing everything possible to make sure it stays here. What he is doing is being selfish and I've said that about him since day one.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly

That would be awesome if Buffalo ended up being the first NFL team to be owned by a female - and even more awesome if she inherited a superbowl contender, and the Bills ended up winning the superbowl within that first window of opportunity.

We'd be the talk of the sports nation.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Mikey, I've been telling you guys this for years...RALPH DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT BUFFALO OR THE FANS OF BUFFALO! If he did, he would be doing everything possible to make sure it stays here. What he is doing is being selfish and I've said that about him since day one.
                    that's just sad considering the fact that he's probably about to expire any year now.

I guess no one ever told him that he can't take it with him, or that it's harder for a rich man to get into heaven than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I've always been one of the ones laughing at the doomsayers...but after reading the article in the Buffalo News and hearing all this from Ralph's mouth....I feel depressed and now believe that the Buffalo Bills only have another 5-10 years, or more depending on how long Ralph lives for.

Last edited by Michael82; 06-17-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                        That's some pretty clamped thinking there and will mean all the jerseys we buy for the Buffalo Bills may become dishrags when he dies.
                        Actually, it will mean they will probably become hotly sought after collector's items Scoob.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                          • Jun 2006

If this team moves from Buffalo, I will put a bullet through my brain.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

If that were the case- he would have cashed in and sold the team to LA years ago.

Keeping it in Buffalo, having the lowest ticket prices, and making the smallest profit in the NFL of all the owners definately sounds like he's not giving a ****.

Very lame statement

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                              That would be awesome if Buffalo ended up being the first NFL team to be owned by a female - and even more awesome if she inherited a superbowl contender, and the Bills ended up winning the superbowl within that first window of opportunity.

We'd be the talk of the sports nation.
                              Gergia Frontieri has owned the Rams for allmost 30 years now

Comment

Working...
                              X