PDA

View Full Version : Non-Bill, Non 1st Round Big rookie impact

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Give me a non-first rounder that you think is going to have the biggest impact in the NFL as a rookie. Buffalo Bills are not included.

Mr. Miyagi
06-18-2007, 08:44 AM
:movie:

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 08:49 AM
There was a bunch of good OL taken in round two of this year's draft who will likely end up starting as a rookie.

IM going to go with Minnesota WR Sidney Rice as my pick. SOMEONE has to catch some balls for the Vikes.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Brandon Jackson should get a bunch of carries in Green Bay and Lorenzo Booker is a good fit in Miami.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Jonathan Wade, CB, St. Louis - 3rd round
Michael Bush, RB, Oakland - 4th round
Mason Crosby, K, Green Bay - 5th or 6th round
DeShawn Wynn, RB, Green Bay - 7th round

Philagape
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Daymeion Hughes, CB, Indianapolis :D

Ickybaluky
06-18-2007, 09:02 AM
nm

Mr. Pink
06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Eric Wright CB Cleveland

bigbub2352
06-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Justin Durant LB Hampton

camelcowboy
06-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Grant Iroins Cinncy

NorthCarBills
06-18-2007, 09:31 AM
No blatent guarantees, but I really like Quincy Black, LB, for Tampa. A solid mid-round pick being placed into a LB happy system could mean good things.

Pinkerton Security
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
IM going to go with Minnesota WR Sidney Rice as my pick. SOMEONE has to catch some balls for the Vikes.

You took my pick, so I'll go with Jacoby Jones of Houston for the same reason. Who else is Schaub gonna throw to besides Andre Johnson? Jones may step up.

alohabillsfan
06-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Chris Houston

BILLSROCK1212
06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
LaMarr Woodley

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Buster Davis in Arizona

blotsfan
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Ramzee Robinson, Detroit Lions

cocamide
06-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm really going out on a limb here: Calvin Johnson.

blotsfan
06-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm really going out on a limb here: Calvin Johnson. The title said non-first rounder.

venis2k1
06-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Dwayne Jarrett Carolina, 800 yards 5 TDs

DraftBoy
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Zach Miller-Oakland
Quentin Moses-Oakland
Laurent Robinson-Atlanta
Charles Johnson-Carolina
Zak DeOssie-NY Giants
Audrae Allison-Minnesotta
Justin Medlock-KC
Roy Hall-Indianapolis
Micheal Coe-Indianapolis
HB Blades-Washington
Courtney Brown-Dallas
Ben Patrick-Arizona
Brandon Siler-San Diego (I mean come on, of course Im gonna pick him)
Keith Jackson-St. Louis

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Zach Miller-Oakland
Quentin Moses-Oakland
Laurent Robinson-Atlanta
Charles Johnson-Carolina
Zak DeOssie-NY Giants
Audrae Allison-Minnesotta
Justin Medlock-KC
Roy Hall-Indianapolis
Micheal Coe-Indianapolis
HB Blades-Washington
Courtney Brown-Dallas
Ben Patrick-Arizona
Brandon Siler-San Diego (I mean come on, of course Im gonna pick him)
Keith Jackson-St. Louis
I think Johnson is going to be a great DE in this league.

BILLSROCK1212
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Zach Miller-Oakland---can produce but i really don't see him producing
Quentin Moses-Oakland---in a couple years maybe
Laurent Robinson-Atlanta---too many young WRs in Atlanta....probably will only produce if Mike Vick is suspended
Charles Johnson-Carolina-potential is there and definitely is in the right situation
Zak DeOssie-NY Giants---could fill in if there is an injury but other than that will be a special teams standout
Audrae Allison-Minnesotta---somewhat like Ted Ginn except has the POTENTIAL to do better
Justin Medlock-KC---better than Mason Crosby w/o a doubt in my mind
Roy Hall-Indianapolis---workout warrior with unlimited potential but didn't produce much in college b/c he didn't have the chance
Micheal Coe-Indianapolis---sooo many young CBs in Indy he probably won't find the field enough to have a big impact
HB Blades-Washington---will be a nice fill-in when players need a rest and definitely has the perfect mentor for him in London Fletcher who has many similar physical characterisitcs
Courtney Brown-Dallas----big time sleeper but has to make the team first
Ben Patrick-Arizona----was a well known sleeper during the draft and in the Cardinals crowded offense could struggle to get balls thrown his way
Brandon Siler-San Diego----right now the Chargers are set at LBer but Siler will get a decent amount of playing time
Keith Jackson-St. Louis----will be a decent NFL back up

DraftBoy
06-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Zach Miller-Oakland---can produce but i really don't see him producing
Quentin Moses-Oakland---in a couple years maybe
Laurent Robinson-Atlanta---too many young WRs in Atlanta....probably will only produce if Mike Vick is suspended
Charles Johnson-Carolina-potential is there and definitely is in the right situation
Zak DeOssie-NY Giants---could fill in if there is an injury but other than that will be a special teams standout
Audrae Allison-Minnesotta---somewhat like Ted Ginn except has the POTENTIAL to do better
Justin Medlock-KC---better than Mason Crosby w/o a doubt in my mind
Roy Hall-Indianapolis---workout warrior with unlimited potential but didn't produce much in college b/c he didn't have the chance
Micheal Coe-Indianapolis---sooo many young CBs in Indy he probably won't find the field enough to have a big impact
HB Blades-Washington---will be a nice fill-in when players need a rest and definitely has the perfect mentor for him in London Fletcher who has many similar physical characterisitcs
Courtney Brown-Dallas----big time sleeper but has to make the team first
Ben Patrick-Arizona----was a well known sleeper during the draft and in the Cardinals crowded offense could struggle to get balls thrown his way
Brandon Siler-San Diego----right now the Chargers are set at LBer but Siler will get a decent amount of playing time
Keith Jackson-St. Louis----will be a decent NFL back up

Miller-The Raiders have nobody to throw too right now and nobody in front of Miller, Russell is going to need big time help and that could be Miller.

Moses-1st Round talent, and it will really depend on where he ends up playing, but the guy has skill, faced double teams all last season.

Robinson-Has gotten reps in Atlanta as high as #3 WR. With Finneran's re-injury and inconsistency galore with White and Jenkins he could move up the depth chart fast, but like you said it depends on Vick.

Johnson-Agreed

DeOssie-Sits behind Kiwi right now who is experimenting at OLB, dont be surprised to see him beat him out. Also the kid can play all 3 LB spots.

Allison-Still no set #2 WR, and Allison is consistent and runs better routes than Ginn does. He is a bit of a stretch at WR this season, but as a returner and occasional big play guy, he could surprise.

Medlock-Agreed, he's already the starter there

Hall-He'll battle former Ohio State teammate Anthony Gonzalez for playing time, but his intangibles are hard to deny and he'll see the field plenty in the Indy offense as soon as he passes Aaron Moorehead.

Coe-Yes lots of young CB's but no real set starters outside Jackson. I can easily see Coe becoming the nickel back and having a good season.

Blades-Currently slotted at OLB for Washington and I agree I was too quick to put him on the list. If McIntosh or Washington struggle he may step in or if Fletch gets hurt, but maybe one day.

Brown-I have little doubt he'll make the team, has GREAT size and speed.

Patrick-Pope was a huge dissapointment last year and word is Whisenhunt wants to go alot of 2TE to confuse defenses and with two athletic guys in Pope and Patrick he can burn a team putting a ton in the box thinking run.

Siler-Chargers arent set at ILB, Cooper is good but I dont know how much faith they have in Wilhelm. If Siler has a good pre-season watch out.

Jackson-Moving Kennedy opens up some space, they really have no answer at DT at this moment oppositte Glover and are desperate for somebody to step up. In the end though I believe you are right for this season.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I think DeOssie is going be real good too. What are the thoughts on Buster Davis in Arizona this year? He reminds me a lot of London Fletcher.

DraftBoy
06-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I think DeOssie is going be real good too. What are the thoughts on Buster Davis in Arizona this year? He reminds me a lot of London Fletcher.

He's behind Hayes right now and Gerald was a good LB at Pitt for years and hasnt been a bad pro. I dont see Davis playing consistently this season.

more cowbell
06-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Rufus Alexander for the Vikings

Bling
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I know it's a homer pick, but Buster Davis. The guy is an absolute beast. It's Zach Thomas all heart. He's fast, and when the game is on the line you don't want any other LB out there.

Dantheman1280
06-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Dallas Baker

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I forgot about Rufus alexander I think he was way underrated in the draft.

Saratoga Slim
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
David Harris, ILB, New York Jets.

That's not to say I'm questioning our Poz pick. But since we can't pick a Bill, I'm putting a vote in for Harris, who I think will be a great addition the the Jets defense. And thus a pain in the ass for us.

ublinkwescore
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Lamarr Woodly or whatever his name is - pittsburgh grabbed him I believe.

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Sorry to say. LB, David Harris, Michigan/Jets.