PDA

View Full Version : Who threw the most TD passes last season?

alohabillsfan
06-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Chad Pennington
Matt Hasselbeck
Steve McNair
Brett Favre
Jake Delhomme
Alex Smith
JP Losman

NO CHEATING....

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Matt?

Pinkerton Security
06-18-2007, 10:11 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm JP!

RedEyE
06-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Favre, I believe.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Chad Pennington
Matt Hasselbeck
Steve McNair
Brett Favre
Jake Delhomme
Alex Smith
JP Losman

NO CHEATING....

Trick questions sorta, Manning is not on your list.

Unless you are just trying to make JP look better by leaving the 10 guys ahead of him off the list?

I can think of 5 TD passes off the top of my head that had more to do with the WR making outstanding plays than anything that the QB did.

-Parrish taking a 4 yard pass from Losman 51 yards against the Jets.
-Price making an outstanding run & catch for 8 yards against the Vikings
-2, 83 yard TD catches by Evans where he juked the CBs out of their jocks against Houston
- and 44 yard Rec. by Evans where the CB fell down.

Not very impressive once you break them down.

alohabillsfan
06-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Unless you are just trying to make JP look better by leaving the 10 guys ahead of him off the list?

I can think of 5 TD passes off the top of my head that had more to do with the WR making outstanding plays than anything that the QB did.

-2, 83 yard TD catches by Evans where he juked the CBs out of their jocks against Houston
- and 44 yard Rec. by Evans where the CB feel down.

ROFL!!!!!!!!! Yes, Parrish is the first WR ever to have yards after the catch! When do you go back to school? You can officially drop the tackling portion of your user name?

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 11:17 AM
ROFL!!!!!!!!! Yes, Parrish is the first WR ever to have yards after the catch! When do you go back to school? You can officially drop the tackling portion of your user name?

Nothing to add to conversation but attacks? Holy Grail. Stay on topic.

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 11:19 AM
He embarasses himself when he tries to stay on topic.

However, you're totally wrong with your post.

Does every TD pass Manning, Palmer, Brady etc throw a 30 yard needle in between two defenders in the end zone?

Dan Marino set NFL records based on countless 2 yard TD passes when everyone expected Miami to run the ball in.

Pinkerton Security
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Nothing to add to conversation but attacks? Holy Grail. Stay on topic.
I think what he was trying to say was, you're rediculous if you are seriously saying that the only reason Losman had his yards was bc of the receivers! Are you serious? Thats like saying Jerry Rice wasnt any good, he simply had good QB;s throwing to him. I am NOT saying JP is anything like Jerry Rice OR Montana, but if you are stating facts like these then you are overly biased.

Meathead
06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
i only wish i could break my rules and neg td

please threaten somebody so i can lmao jk

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
r

If you take away Parrish longest yards after catch.... very wysian.

If you take away Brady's best .......... (all yours Dummy)

patmoran2006
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I could be wrong, but Im not sure if anybody in the entire NFL through more long TD passes than Losman last year

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
JP threads the needle to hit Price in the back of the endzone against Houston in the last minute to win the game.

Does that one count?

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 11:43 AM
JP threads the needle to hit Price in the back of the endzone against Houston in the last minute to win the game.

Does that one count?
no, that was all Price.

Ingtar33
06-18-2007, 11:48 AM
wow... that was a pure wys comment. i'll refrain just because it's an obscenely stupid point and doesn't deserve the effort of an argument.

evol4276
06-18-2007, 11:51 AM

as much as i dont condone to it, it is true. jp did beat out all of these guys (and i think that is the overall agenda of this thread, is that he did better than these bigger names) but yes i agree with the leaving out the other however many guys that did better. but that wouldn'ta proven the point that he played better than last year. even with the of the qb's in the list he'd still be up there, so it still makes me feel good.

The Spaz
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Wys...

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Does every TD pass Manning, Palmer, Brady etc throw a 30 yard needle in between two defenders in the end zone?

I don't know. I don't keep track of what other QBs do. My only concern is Losman.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I could be wrong, but Im not sure if anybody in the entire NFL through more long TD passes than Losman last year

The 51 yard run by Parrish would count as a long TD pass?

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes.

Just as some of Evans counted as long receptions.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Does that one count?

They all count. The point is JP got lucky on many TD passes last year. I don't want to rely on luck to win football games.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes.

Just as some of Evans counted as long receptions.

And that just goes to show you how stats. don't show the whole picture.

Gunzlingr
06-18-2007, 01:47 PM
They all count. The point is JP got lucky on many TD passes last year. I don't want to rely on luck to win football games.

Because no other QB in the league ever gets a lucky break. Just Losman, right?

justasportsfan
06-18-2007, 01:47 PM
And that just goes to show you how stats. don't show the whole picture.

Sometimes it's the wr who makes a play sometimes it's the qb. You can't take away from either one becaase it takes 2 to tango.

that's how Brady made a livng. It works. If you take away the times that Brady threw a screen pass 5-10 yards deep which went fot a long one, he sucks.

jmb1099
06-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I need a little help in understanding something...Losman did throw these guys the ball right?
In most cases he evaded a rush in order to deliver the ball right?

Didn't he hit a number of the receivers in stride?

So we have a qb that can deliver 50 yard strikes and that is somehow luck? Or somehow all the receivers doing?

Devin
06-18-2007, 05:30 PM

I agree with your overall sentiment however I think what you are saying can be applied to almost every QB. There are a few TD's probably for every QB that can be attributed to great plays by thier WR/RB...etc rather than a stellar pass or play by the QB.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
So we have a qb that can deliver 50 yard strikes and that is somehow luck? Or somehow all the receivers doing?
?

Since when did a 5 yard pass or a pass where the CB falls down or a pass behind the line of scrimmage become a 50 yard strike?

Correct.

BillsOwnAll
06-18-2007, 07:24 PM

. So your saying the WR did his job by getting open..So that when JP did his job by throwing it to the open reciver that gets overlooked cuase the WR juked em out? Jp could of not seen that and threw it to someone else...or over/underthrown it? How can the WR getting open make JP's TD pass not a good one?!?!?!/

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
:rofl: boa rocks.

Bling
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Chad Pennington
Matt Hasselbeck
Steve McNair
Brett Favre
Jake Delhomme
Alex Smith
JP Losman

NO CHEATING....

Hasselbeck - missed 4 games
Delhomme - missed 3 games

But hey if you get excited about beating noodle arm, 2 old guys, and a sophomore QB be my guest.

Bling
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
This isn't a trick question:
Who threw more TD passes?

Ron Mexico or JP Losman
Rex Grossman or JP Losman
Tony Romo or JP Losman (actually this is a tie)

Exactly. This thread is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Ron Mexico or JP Losman
Rex Grossman or JP Losman

Grossman reminds me of the next Joe Montana. After all he did have more TD passes than the next Young or Favre, JP Losman.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Grossman reminds me of the next Joe Montana. After all he did have more TD passes than the next Young or Favre, JP Losman.

Grossman reminds you of Montana??????

Did you ever actually watch Montana play?????

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Go back through the 2006 season and look how many QB's JP beat head to head in stats, not many.

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM

Talk about not seeing the forrest for the trees! The sarcasm was so thick in TD's post you could cut it with a knife!

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Go back through the 2006 season and look how many QB's JP beat head to head in stats, not many.

He did do better than Grossman in more stats than Grossman did better than him in.

I think if Losman was QBing the bears, they could have won the superbowl.

ublinkwescore
06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Talk about not seeing the forrest for the trees! The sarcasm was so thick in TD's post you could cut it with a knife!

I can't see the sarcasm in many of TD's posts - it doesn't exactly reveal itself so well digitally you know - and I know he's a fan of poor QB play.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 11:01 PM
- and I know he's a fan of poor QB play.

Must be why Im a Bills fan.

TacklingDummy
06-18-2007, 11:06 PM

It was sarcasm.

I wouldn't compare Grossman to Montana just like I wouldn't compare JP to Favre or Young.

more cowbell
06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Losman is the best QB in the NFL

feelthepain
06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
It was sarcasm.

I wouldn't compare Grossman to Montana just like I wouldn't compare JP to Favre or Young.

.....I got it!

Mitchy moo
06-19-2007, 12:57 AM
pennington is my guess,

njsue
06-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Either Drew Brees or Peyton Manning

jmb1099
06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Since when did a 5 yard pass or a pass where the CB falls down or a pass behind the line of scrimmage become a 50 yard strike?

Correct.
So in order to make yourself look or feel better about Losman bashing you just choose to ignore the threaded needle strikes, or the ball in the air 50 plus yard strikes?

TacklingDummy
06-19-2007, 10:35 AM
or the ball in the air 50 plus yard strikes?

What are these balls in the air for 50 yard strikes you are talking about?

JP with pasess over 40+ yards was only 3-10 for 148 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 30 % Comp%.

And one of those was a ball thrown up for grabs in the Balitimore game for 52 yards that Lee Evans wrestled away from the defender.

JP throws a great deep ball. :rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Losman is the best QB in the NFL

I won't say that yet, but it will be a very debatable topic after this year - mark my words.

Sab and a fish fan already have them quoted in their sigs.

SABURZFAN
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM

culpepper and harrington come to mind.........oh wait.......you said stats,not wins. :up:

feelthepain
06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
culpepper and harrington come to mind.........oh wait.......you said stats,not wins. :up:

Do you really want me to list the wins and Loses of those three QB's? I don't think you do.

jmb1099
06-19-2007, 11:29 PM

JP with pasess over 40+ yards was only 3-10 for 148 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 30 % Comp%.

And one of those was a ball thrown up for grabs in the Balitimore game for 52 yards that Lee Evans wrestled away from the defender.

Really? I could have sworn I saw him toss 2 in the same game to Lee Evans, hang on I'll check the hard drive to see how long the pass plays were...
Ok just saw one 83 yard td pass, hang on I'm going to look for more...
Ball was in the air for almost 60 yards on that first one...
Yup there was the second one for 83 yards. Both passes in stride. Same game he hit peerless in the endone betwwen two defenders with a perfect pass.
I could keep looking at highlights but you get the idea.

jmb1099
06-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Do you really want me to list the wins and Loses of those three QB's? I don't think you do.
You mean as Dolphins? Yes I think you should actually. I can tell you what the record is against us...

SABURZFAN
06-19-2007, 11:38 PM

how about the win-loss record between the Bills and Fish in the last couple of years? :popcorn:

FlyingDutchman
06-19-2007, 11:39 PM

First of all, i didnt check your claim but that seem kind of low on the attempts as well as the completions, I can think of a couple in the Houston game alone. Seond of all, we're talking about 40 YARD PLAYS, Ill take the 30% success on plays of 40 or more any day.

TacklingDummy
06-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Really? I could have sworn I saw him toss 2 in the same game to Lee Evans, hang on I'll check the hard drive to see how long the pass plays were...
Ok just saw one 83 yard td pass, hang on I'm going to look for more...
Ball was in the air for almost 60 yards on that first one...
Yup there was the second one for 83 yards. Both passes in stride. Same game he hit peerless in the endone betwwen two defenders with a perfect pass.
I could keep looking at highlights but you get the idea.

You might want to rewatch the game without JP's ass on your head. Long pass plays did not mean the ball was in the air for 50 yards. A matter of FACT neither of the 83 yard TD passes to Evans against Houston was the ball in the air for 50 yards.

Like I've said, JP only had 3 completions where the ball was in the air for over 40+yards. And the longest one went for 52 yards. So obviously neither of the 2 in the Houston game were one of them.

Yes, I get the idea. JP plays great against the worst team in the NFL.

TacklingDummy
06-20-2007, 07:52 AM
First of all, i didnt check your claim but that seem kind of low on the attempts as well as the completions, I can think of a couple in the Houston game alone. Seond of all, we're talking about 40 YARD PLAYS, Ill take the 30% success on plays of 40 or more any day.

40+ yard completions means the ball was in the air for 40 yards. Not a 5 yard pass where the reciever ran for 35 more yards making it an 40 reception.

The Houston game JP threw the ball about 20 to 30 yards and Evans ran it the additonal 50+ yards to make it an 83 yard reception. The ball wasn't in the air for 83 yards.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 08:22 AM
the wysian logic is the way to go once someone desperately needs something to make a player look bad because he has nothing . Thats what TDummy is doing.

It's bad enough that Flutie threw for an average of 150 yds per game but if you take away Fluties longest play , he sucks balls too.

ublinkwescore
06-20-2007, 08:28 AM

Um wasn't the ball in the air for more than 40 yards in the two TD passes to Evans against the Texans?

that would mean that he threw at least two TDs of over 40 Yards - but I think he threw more than that - didn't he have one against Miami when we were at home to either Royal or Evans - I think it was Royal - then you must remember when we played the Fins on the road - Evans beat his man, so his man tackled him to save the TD (drawing a PI call too) - that was essentially a TD for us since we did score one on that drive if I'm not mistaken (I think Josh Reed hauled one in on one of the next 3 downs).

In fact, I know for a fact Losman had to complete more than 3 40+ yard passes - I don't know how many attempts he had, but there had to be more than 3 40+ (ball in the air for 40+ yards) completions.

TacklingDummy
06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Um wasn't the ball in the air for more than 40 yards in the two TD passes to Evans against the Texans?

that would mean that he threw at least two TDs of over 40 Yards - but I think he threw more than that - didn't he have one against Miami when we were at home to either Royal or Evans - I think it was Royal - then you must remember when we played the Fins on the road - Evans beat his man, so his man tackled him to save the TD (drawing a PI call too) - that was essentially a TD for us since we did score one on that drive if I'm not mistaken (I think Josh Reed hauled one in on one of the next 3 downs).

In fact, I know for a fact Losman had to complete more than 3 40+ yard passes - I don't know how many attempts he had, but there had to be more than 3 40+ (ball in the air for 40+ yards) completions.

Ummm, NO. For the 3rd friggin time. The Ball was NOT in the air for 40+ yards.

Yes, Losman had more than 3 passes that went for over 40 yards. NO, he did NOT have more than 3 passes that went in the air 40+ yards that were caught. Example, Parrish taking a 5 yard pass for 51 yards vs. the Jets. The ball wasn't in the air for 51 yards, it was in the air for about 5 yards.

Look it up on ESPN split stats for Losman. 3-10 for 148 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 30 % Comp%. Longest Comp 52 yards, with balls that were in the air 40+ yards.

justasportsfan
06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
SO when a wr runs the wrong route does that go against the qb? HOw many times was Evans mugged for a penalty? DO they ever count that as a completion?

jmb1099
06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
You might want to rewatch the game without JP's ass on your head. Long pass plays did not mean the ball was in the air for 50 yards. A matter of FACT neither of the 83 yard TD passes to Evans against Houston was the ball in the air for 50 yards.

Like I've said, JP only had 3 completions where the ball was in the air for over 40+yards. And the longest one went for 52 yards. So obviously neither of the 2 in the Houston game were one of them.

Yes, I get the idea. JP plays great against the worst team in the NFL.
Wow so much for being civil...
The ball was in the air if not 50 than darn well close to it. Most assuredly longer than the 5 yards you keep posting about. So maybe you should go back and re-watch the footage because the three td passes he threw in that game were things of beauty, all in stride, one of which was a game winner. My guess is that you didn't watch the footage at all. Too bad I guess, they were great throws.

TacklingDummy
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow so much for being civil...
The ball was in the air if not 50 than darn well close to it. Most assuredly longer than the 5 yards you keep posting about. So maybe you should go back and re-watch the footage because the three td passes he threw in that game were things of beauty, all in stride, one of which was a game winner. My guess is that you didn't watch the footage at all. Too bad I guess, they were great throws.

I watched the game and I read the stats. on the game. One ball was thrown between 20-30 yards the other was between 30-40 yards. Neither one was over 40 and no where close to 50 yards. I never said the passes in the Houston game were for 5 yards.

I also never said they weren't nice passes. In fact those 3 passes probably were JP's best 3 TD passes all year.

feelthepain
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
how about the win-loss record between the Bills and Fish in the last couple of years? :popcorn:

And what do you have to show for it?? No playoffs, so who cares?

jmb1099
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I watched the game and I read the stats. on the game. One ball was thrown between 20-30 yards the other was between 30-40 yards. Neither one was over 40 and no where close to 50 yards. I never said the passes in the Houston game were for 5 yards.

I also never said they weren't nice passes. In fact those 3 passes probably were JP's best 3 TD passes all year.
You're kidding right?
The second pass was obviously not in the air as long, but the first one traveled quite a distance.
Also of note outside of that game is that ever qb trusts his #1 receiver to make plays, its a chemistry thing.
Finally I think you're just annoyed because Losman proved you wrong on many fronts last year.

jmb1099
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
And what do you have to show for it?? No playoffs, so who cares?
In case you don't remember, you're the one that brought it up.