PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea! Rally to save the Bills.

blackonyx89
06-18-2007, 12:19 PM
That's what we as Bills fans should have a big rally down and show Ralph Wilson that we need the Bills. He's got to be impressed and touched that we care about our franchise enough to do this. I was wondering if this has been done in other cities in the past that were on the verge of losing a franchise,or in our case possibly.

:candle: There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
give it a rest. they aren't leaving.

too many worrywarts on this board lately.

superbills
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh dear...

blackonyx89
06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh dear...

Oh dear what? Do you have inside info about the state of the Bills? This is a concern that needs to addressed. If (God Forbid) this team leaves,at least the fans can voice their displeasure instead of sitting on our butts feigning confidence. Just being real,that's all!

:respect:

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 12:30 PM
i hate to break it to you, but if this team is moving then there is no saving it. teams have left cities like cleveland, baltimore, houston... what makes buffalo non-expendable? nobody cares about buffalo, or the bills, except us.

if the fanbase here wasn't so watered down with fairweather fans who only pack the gates when the teams are winning, we wouldn't even be facing this problem. it's as much the nfl's fault as it is the "fans" in the city.

blackonyx89
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
i hate to break it to you, but if this team is moving then there is no saving it. teams have left cities like cleveland, baltimore, houston... what makes buffalo non-expendable? nobody cares about buffalo, or the bills, except us.

if the fanbase here wasn't so watered down with fairweather fans who only pack the gates when the teams are winning, we wouldn't even be facing this problem. it's as much the nfl's fault as it is the "fans" in the city.

That's the tragic truth!

Michael82
06-18-2007, 01:18 PM

good point. :sigh:

The King
06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Buffalo truely is a small market team. We just dont have the star power to get any kind of respect. I get laughed at when I mention JP is going to have a solid season people just dont see any potential in this team. If we could've built off of 2004 we might've had something but when you sit stagnant for this long people forget about you.

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
nail on head mbb nail on head.

Scumbag College
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
I think that the current ticket sales for the upcoming season should be seen as a positive...haven't a couple of games already been sold out?

Bill Brasky
06-18-2007, 02:33 PM
they should all be sold out.

1.2 million people in the buffalo metro area, not even counting those folks to the east in rochester, in southern ontario, and the rest of WNY.

winning cures all, though. that, and monday night games where scalpers can make a quick buck.

SABURZFAN
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
bring back the Whammy Weenie!!!!!!!!! :up:

FlyingDutchman
06-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I promise you one thing, if they ever did try moving the Bills, my a$$ would be laying in front of the moving trucks. Ill take one for the team (no pun intended). You might as well kill me, because football would never be the same for me.

Carlton Bailey
06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
"Save the Bills" rally? No way. We're not the Nashville Predators ... yet.

I'll panic in a few years. Right now I only care about what the Bills do on the field. For once, I hope they win some damn games.

Wys Guy
06-20-2007, 10:43 AM
That's what we as Bills fans should have a big rally down and show Ralph Wilson that we need the Bills. He's got to be impressed and touched that we care about our franchise enough to do this. I was wondering if this has been done in other cities in the past that were on the verge of losing a franchise,or in our case possibly.

:candle: There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Let's just have a baked sale, maybe we can finance a new stadium with the proceeds. Get everyone in Buffalo to bake something, bring it to OBD/RWS, hold the sale.

... wait, ... if everyone's there, who will buy the goods. Hmm. I suppose we can buy from each other.

Oh well, everyone just pitch in the amount of money it takes to bake the goods and drive to the stadium. Maybe we can build a new modern stadium with the profits to overcome a host of other incredibliy valid reasons as to why WNY has no future in pro football after Wilson sells the team to someone not likely to be from Buffalo.

;)