PDA

View Full Version : Question about our safety position

NorthCarBills
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I was casually reviewing my 2007 Sporting News Draft Guide -- specifically the Jacksonville team page. One of their most pressing needs was listed as safety, and it suggested that Wendling could be a good find for them in the second round.

I thought it was funny that the Bills MAY be interested in Darius, and of course have Wendling on the roster via draft.

Question - do you guys have any idea why Wendling slipped all the way to the later rounds where we picked him up? I really find it hard to find any bad reviews of this guy, and his pre-draft projections were much higher. It seems, at a minimum, this guy could be a special teams standout this year.

streetkings01
06-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Who knows why guys fall in the draft??? Some fall for legit reason while others fall for some of the most dumbest things. Take a look a Daymion Hughes...all that guy does is make plays and he runs a slow 40 time, then goes from a late 1st rd - early 2nd rd to late 3rd(would have been a 4th rd pick if it wasn't for the Colts comp pick)!

Saratoga Slim
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know what we're going to use him for, but I like everything I've heard about the dude.