PDA

View Full Version : If the Sabres get the #1 pick, who will they draft?

starfirestar
03-16-2003, 08:52 PM
1. Eric Stall
2. Nikolia Zerdev
3. Nathan Horton
4. Robert Nillson

Those are the top porspects of the NHL 2003 draft, and people can check their stats out at.........

http://www.hockeysfuture.com

I hope they draft Stall as he'll probably be NHL readly his first year. Zherdev is a young Alexi Zhamnov. Horton is a big grinder type power forward in the molds of another Pyatt or Owen Nolan. Nillson is compared to Forsberg as he has great quickness and stickhandling abilities and is a big kid too.

Sabre Ally
03-16-2003, 10:00 PM
From what I've read, I like Horton. He seems to be more of an all-around player than the other three.
Hockey's Future says: Has power forward's makeup - good size and toughness. Horton is an excellent skater with a hard shot. Has good understanding of the game - due for a breakout year.

SkateZilla
03-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Me

look at may STATS!!
lol

I Say Horton as well
has a Buffalo sabres Ring to the name if you ask me.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2003, 07:32 AM
A big, tough Pronger like defenseman, or a center that can score.

This guy has to be a franchise player.

Or we could draft Fleury and trade a goalie.

Ebenezer
03-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Regrettably, it will probably be somebody who will not help for 2 to 3 years.

starfirestar
03-17-2003, 08:38 AM
True, as thats the way that Regier always drafts.

WereRat
03-17-2003, 08:52 AM
We can only hope his new boss pushes for a better team immediately, not in 2-3 years. That might change his trading tactics a bit...

The Spaz
03-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Well if you build through the draft that's just how it is a 2-3 yr waiting period. I know everyone wants to win now but you don't want to blow your load all in one year they you will have nothing for your future. Look at the senators for the longest time they were the botton feeders of the NHL now look they have the risen to one of the leagues elite. In the NFL and the NBA you see the players that year play for your favorite teams but it's far from that in the nHL were you may see 2-3 players that you drafted that year play. I am goung to have patience I just want this thing built right this time around. Go Sabres!

WereRat
03-17-2003, 09:40 AM
I am just hoping for a balance in the building process. A better team on the ice for next season but I am sure most of us are willing to agree a true cup contender will take a season or two past that over all.

SkateZilla
03-17-2003, 11:18 PM
I agree
a Better Team Immediately is better than 4 years.

if you just shelled out 94 Million Bucks to Buy the Sabres
Would you want to start making profit in the nex season or 3 or 4 seasons down the road??

My brother pointed out that some of the top teams 90% of their players have wierd names.
while we have americans like Connolly that only plays for a week then skates around for a few months then decides to play again.

We Need VETERAN GOALTENDING!!!

After The Thrashers Scored in 3 outta 5 shots.
lol
You Dont leave the Crease when theirs another teams player int he zone. i would risk it.
No arena's Boards or glass is perfect We have seen that all year.
player clears a puck via glass and ooops.. it hits a bump and fall into the face off circle and presto we are now scored on.

not a good thing.