PDA

View Full Version : Darius visiting Raiders today

patmoran2006
06-20-2007, 09:16 AM
DARIUS VISITING RAIDERS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that free-agent safety Donovin Darius is expected to visit the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday, and that the Raiders are expected to attempt to sign him.

The Bills and Panthers also have expressed interest in the former Jaguar. But if the Raiders get their way, Darius will be wearing the silver and black before too long.
Darius is a strong safety, which is the same position that Michael Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in 2006, played last season. One of them would surely move to free safety, and both would be starters.

OpIv37
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
he'd be a nice addition but we'll get by without him. I'd rather see us looking for a DT, CB, or LB.

DraftBoy
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I guess they move of Bing to LB was a permanent one for them, interesting.

Saratoga Slim
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
he'd be a nice addition but we'll get by without him. I'd rather see us looking for a DT, CB, or LB.

DT or CB anyway. If DiGiorgio is looking pretty competent, I'm OK with him, Haggan, Stamer and Wire as depth for the moment. Not that i would turn down the right vet, but if Darwin Walker doesnt report we're in bigger trouble at DT, and our CB issues are well chronicled.

Pinkerton Security
06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I think da Raidas are building a decent team out there, especially through the draft. If they get him, he will be an improvement on an already stellar D. If only their line didnt make ours look like a brick wall...

Historian
06-21-2007, 05:50 AM
I think da Raidas are building a decent team out there, especially through the draft. If they get him, he will be an improvement on an already stellar D. If only their line didnt make ours look like a brick wall...

Traditionally, they (Oakland) love throwing big money at Cornerbacks and wide receivers.