• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

nfl.com All Underated Team

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Jason Peters, OT, Bills -- Peters is one of the rising stars in the NFL. A converted tight end who came into the league as a true project, Peters has already blossomed into a solid offensive tackle in Buffalo. The scary part is he may not be done improving -- a rough proposition for opposing defenders.

Donte Whitner, S, Bills -- He may have been a rookie, but he sure didn't play that way. Despite being derided for taking Whitner as high as they did in the draft (eighth overall), the Bills laughed last as Whitner instantly became the team's top defensive back in '06. The rookie notched 104 total tackles and an interception, and he'll look to improve on those numbers in 2007.

wow.. TWO Bills?!??!?!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: nfl.com All Underated Team

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    The rookie notched 104 total tackles and an interception, and he'll look to improve on those numbers in 2007
    Actually, he had 2 interceptions, 1 for a touchdown... of course, the New England Patriot-Zebras took that one from him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Can you imagine the shape our OL would be in right now had we taken him? He was on the board at 26.. damn

Nick Mangold, C, Jets -- As a rookie he stepped right in for the departed Kevin Mawae at center and the team didn't miss a beat. While fellow top pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson had his ups and downs at tackle, Mangold was as solid as a rock in the middle. He looks like a fixture at the spot for at least the next 12 years.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Jason Peters and Dockery are going to be NASTY on that left side. If Walker gets his head on straight Buffalo's line has a chance to be pretty decent. Only time will tell.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
          Jason Peters and Dockery are going to be NASTY on that left side. If Walker gets his head on straight Buffalo's line has a chance to be pretty decent. Only time will tell.
          Yep. Sacks will only be hindered by missed blocks...

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
            Yep. Sacks will only be hindered by missed blocks...
            Was this an attempt at humor?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Can you imagine the shape our OL would be in right now had we taken him? He was on the board at 26.. damn

Nick Mangold, C, Jets -- As a rookie he stepped right in for the departed Kevin Mawae at center and the team didn't miss a beat. While fellow top pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson had his ups and downs at tackle, Mangold was as solid as a rock in the middle. He looks like a fixture at the spot for at least the next 12 years.
              yeah dude. Peters, Dockery, Mangold would be as a good as it gets, I'd put that up against any left side in the league. Hopefully McCargo shows up big this year so we can end the hindsight game.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Peters sucks.

He was an UDFA. It is embarassing he is starting for this team. There is no way the Bills can win with Jason Peters starting.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Whitner is uber football smart. I saw him many times moving up behind the front 7, calling formations and moving players around. I don't regret that pick for a second. They should cut him loose more and let him run.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                    Left side. Strong side.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      Peters sucks.

He was an UDFA. It is embarassing he is starting for this team. There is no way the Bills can win with Jason Peters starting.
                      Understood your sarcasm..

However, does the fact that Peters was a diamond in the rough take away from the fact that Mike Williams was a discraceful draft pick and hindered the team's development when the pick could've been used in a number of other spots?

I know sarcastically your referring to the POZ/ DiGorgio talk.. And let me ask you this.. If DiGorgio becomes the next Brian Urlacher and POZ ends up a mediocre player.. Does that make the POZ pick excusable because DiGorgio turned out to be a Pro Bowler?

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Understood your sarcasm..

However, does the fact that Peters was a diamond in the rough take away from the fact that Mike Williams was a discraceful draft pick and hindered the team's development when the pick could've been used in a number of other spots?

I know sarcastically your referring to the POZ/ DiGorgio talk.. And let me ask you this.. If DiGorgio becomes the next Brian Urlacher and POZ ends up a mediocre player.. Does that make the POZ pick excusable because DiGorgio turned out to be a Pro Bowler?
                        The DiGiorgio talk has nothing to do with how Pos is doing. If anything, it would make the Pos pick better because we got someone who can play inside or outside.

Judge Pos on his own merits, not on any talk about DiG.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

POS was a 2nd rounder, Mike Williams was the 4th overall pick . . . a little bit of a difference there.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10230829

Jason Peters, OT, Bills -- Peters is one of the rising stars in the NFL. A converted tight end who came into the league as a true project, Peters has already blossomed into a solid offensive tackle in Buffalo. The scary part is he may not be done improving -- a rough proposition for opposing defenders.

Donte Whitner, S, Bills -- He may have been a rookie, but he sure didn't play that way. Despite being derided for taking Whitner as high as they did in the draft (eighth overall), the Bills laughed last as Whitner instantly became the team's top defensive back in '06. The rookie notched 104 total tackles and an interception, and he'll look to improve on those numbers in 2007.

wow.. TWO Bills?!??!?!
                            Why is that surprising? The Bills have some very, very good young talent. All they need is experience and they will get better. It just may not be as quick as everybody would like.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              Why is that surprising? The Bills have some very, very good young talent. All they need is experience and they will get better. It just may not be as quick as everybody would like.
                              You didn't hear? Levy is an 80 something year old idiot who knows nothing about football.//sarcasm Levy has forgotten more about football than anyone on this board currently knows. I'm not saying the guy is perfect, because nobody in this business is. But for the love of christ, let the talent develop before you stake him to the cross. I know that this team has been in rebuild mode for some time now, but Levy is not to blame for the past 7 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X