PDA

View Full Version : Whoever makes the playoffs, NE, BUF, NYJ or even Miami has a shot at it all

Mitchy moo
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Our division's schedule is just brutal this year and we will be playing just about all the best teams during the regular season. I know you'll say there is a difference between the playoffs and the regular season but in all honesty whoever makes it out of there is obviously going to be a very strong candidate and will have been tested all year.

I personally see us suprising people this season with the additions on offense and the scores we will put on our opponents this year. I think we come out of the gate on fire and become the talk of the league, early.

DraftBoy
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
NE has a shot I agree with that...outside of that, I dont think anybody has a prayer to take the AFC

tampabay25690
06-20-2007, 09:47 PM
NE has a shot I agree with that...outside of that, I dont think anybody has a prayer to take the AFC

I agree with you 100%%%%

I still think NY will be lucky to go 8-8 this year. I think they ere the most over rated team in the NFL last year.

CuseJetsFan83
06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree with you 100%%%%

I still think NY will be lucky to go 8-8 this year. I think they ere the most over rated team in the NFL last year.

how were the jets over-rated?? they were expected to be between 4-12 and 7-9 and ended up 10-6....... if anyone was over-rated it would have been san diego for losing to indy (although that wasnt much of a surprise) or any team in the nfc after chicago

mybills
06-21-2007, 06:20 AM
F*** NE!

BlackMetalNinja
06-21-2007, 07:06 AM
F*** NE!

I really read that as something else and thought it was a desperate cry for some special attention.

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
how were the jets over-rated?? they were expected to be between 4-12 and 7-9 and ended up 10-6....... if anyone was over-rated it would have been san diego for losing to indy (although that wasnt much of a surprise) or any team in the nfc after chicago
The Jets weren't overrated last year. They just overachieved like mad. And now they're overrated.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I think the Jets are going to be very solid this year especially now that they have a running back. The defense is a little shaky in my opinion, but we shall see.

Ickybaluky
06-21-2007, 07:43 AM

San Deigo didn't play IND, they lost to NE in the playoffs.

I assume he is saying the Jets are overrated because they played such a soft schedule last year. The Jets played well last year but the only real quality win they had last year was at NE, a game in which NE played dreadful. Taking nothing away from them, their playoff berth last year was a little deceiving.

Look at their wins: Ten in the opener (they got off to a bad start, losing their first 5 games), Buf, Mia, Det, NE, Hou, GB, Min, Mia, Oak. That isn't exactly running the gauntlet.

That said, they beat the teams they should have and seem to be headed in the right direction. I'm not putting them down, I'm just not ready to put them among the top contenders based on last year yet. The real question is how much they can improve in the next couple years, which is something that will be decided on the field.

Patrick76777
06-21-2007, 07:44 AM

My take on the Jets.

They finished 10-6. The Bills 7-9.

The Bills out played them in both meetings, however bonehead turnovers by the Bills is the only reason they beat the Bills in week 3.

14 of the games on the schedule were the same, except for 2. In the AFC West, the Jets got stuck playing the worst team in the league, Oakland. The Bills got lucky and played the best regular season team in the league San Diego. In the AFC North. The Jets played the powerhouse Browns while the Bills got to play in Baltimore.

Slight difference in the opponents!

Other scheduling examples:

Jets played Tennessee in week 1 when they were terrible. The Bills played Tennessee in week 16 when they were one of the hottest teams in the league.

The Jets are not that much better then the Bills. And if you gauge that on head to head match-ups, the Bills out-played them twice this past year.

CuseJetsFan83
06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
My take on the Jets.

They finished 10-6. The Bills 7-9.

The Bills out played them in both meetings, however bonehead turnovers by the Bills is the only reason they beat the Bills in week 3.

14 of the games on the schedule were the same, except for 2. In the AFC West, the Jets got stuck playing the worst team in the league, Oakland. The Bills got lucky and played the best regular season team in the league San Diego. In the AFC North. The Jets played the powerhouse Browns while the Bills got to play in Baltimore.

Slight difference in the opponents!

Other scheduling examples:

Jets played Tennessee in week 1 when they were terrible. The Bills played Tennessee in week 16 when they were one of the hottest teams in the league.

The Jets are not that much better then the Bills. And if you gauge that on head to head match-ups, the Bills out-played them twice this past year.

lets see, the bills lost to the lions, but yet came oh so close to beating indy

jets also came close to beating indy, and only lost 10-0 to chicago......... the game on week 3, i think the bills outplayed them on a few aspects but the jets have always had this knack for thinking they are safe and softening up...... its their biggest problem.

as far as comparing the schedule in regards to their opponents for that year....... yea we had cleveland and oakland.......... cleveland was supposed to be better than the jets........ oakland and miami were the 2 teams forecasted to be worse than us in the afc, thats it.........

if anything we were just over-acheivers............. and unless we have a year just like last year, we will be overrated, and you know what im fine with that....... ill take 10-6 anyday.......... sadly 10-6 might not be good enough for the playoffs

CuseJetsFan83
06-21-2007, 08:25 AM
San Deigo didn't play IND, they lost to NE in the playoffs.

I assume he is saying the Jets are overrated because they played such a soft schedule last year. The Jets played well last year but the only real quality win they had last year was at NE, a game in which NE played dreadful. Taking nothing away from them, their playoff berth last year was a little deceiving.

Look at their wins: Ten in the opener (they got off to a bad start, losing their first 5 games), Buf, Mia, Det, NE, Hou, GB, Min, Mia, Oak. That isn't exactly running the gauntlet.

That said, they beat the teams they should have and seem to be headed in the right direction. I'm not putting them down, I'm just not ready to put them among the top contenders based on last year yet. The real question is how much they can improve in the next couple years, which is something that will be decided on the field.

oh i agree, im not saying we're the next dynasty coming, but hey, when you get a schedule that people are gonna call soft, well you gotta beat the teams you have to beat.

but considering all the teams will be 0-0 til september 6-10..... anyone has a chance at this point

in terms of buffalo will they be overacheivers if they can say, get 8-8 or better after losing fletcher, spikes, mcgahee, clements..... just like in terms of the jets.... will we do the same if say we lose kendall, and acheive the same........

but sadly NE, i really hate when people use the argument of look at the wins...... NE had that same exact schedule minus playing denver, and cincy

how did those games turn out?

HHURRICANE
06-21-2007, 08:26 AM
The Jets schedule had way more to do with their result than anything else. They did make some nice moves and had a very good draft. I expect them to be improved even if their record won't show it.

Let's face it the Bills are in the same boat. I think we will be better but may not win anymore games this year because of our schedule.

The Pats are definately the absolute favorite to win it all. They almost got by the Colts with a lesser team than what they will field this year.

Mitchy moo
06-21-2007, 08:34 AM
The Jets schedule had way more to do with their result than anything else. They did make some nice moves and had a very good draft. I expect them to be improved even if their record won't show it.

Let's face it the Bills are in the same boat. I think we will be better but may not win anymore games this year because of our schedule.

The Pats are definately the absolute favorite to win it all. They almost got by the Colts with a lesser team than what they will field this year.

twice the pride, double the fall

Ickybaluky
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
but sadly NE, i really hate when people use the argument of look at the wins...... NE had that same exact schedule minus playing denver, and cincy

I agree wholeheartedly. I also hate the argument people make the argument, "we almost beat them", and because of that they can beat them the next time if you just do something different (less turnovers or some sort of crap). They lost, end of story. Each game is different, but a loss is a loss.

BTW, I think the Pats overall were helped by their schedule. Besides the miracle against SD, in which SD contributed to thier own demise, the best wins the Pats had were against the Jets, Ten (late in the year when they were hot) and Chi. Not bad, but not exactly running the gauntlet. They were close, but good enough last year, and I think that is a big reason why they were so agressive trying to upgrade this offseason.

Ickybaluky
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM

I hate the "almost beat" argument. The fact is, Indy beat them 3 straight times. It is up to the Pats to show they can beat them.

CuseJetsFan83
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. I also hate the argument people make the argument, "we almost beat them", and because of that they can beat them the next time if you just do something different (less turnovers or some sort of crap). They lost, end of story. Each game is different, but a loss is a loss.

BTW, I think the Pats overall were helped by their schedule. Besides the miracle against SD, in which SD contributed to thier own demise, the best wins the Pats had were against the Jets, Ten (late in the year when they were hot) and Chi. Not bad, but not exactly running the gauntlet. They were close, but good enough last year, and I think that is a big reason why they were so agressive trying to upgrade this offseason.

yeah, ill defintely attest to that..... any team that does well can "thank" their schedule, but it really just matters on whom you play and when IMO..... the jets best chance at the time to beat NE would have been week 2, and then bam.... we get killed one half and nearly pull a miracle second half..... teams are prone to mistakes, and the ones that don't are elite....... san diego in my opinion is the only elite team as far as keeping their nucleus the same... indy can have the same argument but they are the #1 target for everyone

tampabay25690
06-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Overrated yes.....Most of the games they won were by a few points. This year they might go .500

tampabay25690
06-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I think the Jets are going to be very solid this year especially now that they have a running back. The defense is a little shaky in my opinion, but we shall see.

I guess I see this team different then you. I really don't like the QB situation at all Chad is OK, I like the pick up of Thomas Jones I have always been a fan of his....I guess we will see, I just see the AFC being very weak this year after NE...

tampabay25690
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
oh i agree, im not saying we're the next dynasty coming, but hey, when you get a schedule that people are gonna call soft, well you gotta beat the teams you have to beat.

but considering all the teams will be 0-0 til september 6-10..... anyone has a chance at this point

in terms of buffalo will they be overacheivers if they can say, get 8-8 or better after losing fletcher, spikes, mcgahee, clements..... just like in terms of the jets.... will we do the same if say we lose kendall, and acheive the same........

To be honest with you I think the Bills and Jets are in the same category right now. NO one has any idea what thy are going to do this year. I like the direction both teams are going in. I think Miami is still behind both of us now. I guess we will see what happens when the season starts....

Mitchy moo
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
To be honest with you I think the Bills and Jets are in the same category right now. NO one has any idea what thy are going to do this year. I like the direction both teams are going in. I think Miami is still behind both of us now. I guess we will see what happens when the season starts....

It's up in the air, no doubt about it.

patmoran2006
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
The Jets landed two very good rookies in the draft who are going to start on that defense and be very good.

I'm not a big Jets fan, but I think this is a very good team.