PDA

View Full Version : This is just messed up...

BlackMetalNinja
06-21-2007, 07:17 AM
What the hell is wrong with people anyways?

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.3/sect/US/hdr.us.gif (http://www.cnn.com/US/)
Tools:
Save (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/20/crash.assault.ap/index.html#) |
Print (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/20/crash.assault.ap/index.html#) |
E-mail (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/20/crash.assault.ap/index.html#) |
Most Popular (http://www.cnn.com/mostpopular/) |
<!-- ================== content ================== --><!--========================================================--><!--===============Paste story between here=================--><!--========================================================--><!--startclickprintinclude--> Angry crowd kills passenger in car that struck child

<!-- date --> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> <!-- if ( location.hostname.toLowerCase().indexOf( "edition." ) != -1 ) { document.write('POSTED: 0408 GMT (1208 HKT), June 21, 2007'); }else { document.write('POSTED: 12:08 a.m. EDT, June 21, 2007'); } //--> </script>POSTED: 12:08 a.m. EDT, June 21, 2007 <!-- /date -->

<!--endclickprintinclude--><!--startclickprintinclude--><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">var clickExpire = "07/20/2007";</script> <!---->Story Highlights

• Driver hit child; group of men attacked him when he stopped to check on kid
• Passenger got out of car to help; was beaten to death by the angry crowd
• Sister found David Morales, 40, on pavement 100 feet from her townhouse
• Thousands of people were in the area for a Juneteenth celebration, police said

<!--startclickprintexclude-->Adjust font size:
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.5/story/misc/icon.minus.dim.gifhttp://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.5/story/misc/icon.minus.gif
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.5/story/misc/icon.plus.gifhttp://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/1.5/story/misc/icon.plus.dim.gif
<!--endclickprintexclude-->
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Police on Wednesday were pleading for witnesses to help them track down members of an angry mob that beat a man to death after the car he was riding in apparently struck and injured a child.
Investigators were struggling to piece together what happened when David Rivas Morales died Tuesday defending the driver from members of a crowd. There could have been anywhere from two to 20 attackers, Austin Police Commander Harold Piatt said.
The car in which Morales, 40, was a passenger had entered an apartment complex's parking lot when it struck a 2-year-old boy, Piatt said. The boy was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver got out of the car to check on the child and was confronted by several people, Piatt said. When they attacked the driver, Morales got out of the car to protect the driver and was attacked as well. Police said no guns or knives were used.

Full Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/20/crash.assault.ap/index.html

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Don't mess with Texas.

Unreal.

The King
06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Its Texas dude, what do you expect.

Devin
06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow just wow. Thats pretty shameful.

I wonder if they then turned to the parent of the 2 year old who was wandering around the parking lot?

njsue
06-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Road Rage has been kicked up to a new level, unfortunatly.

IMO The War In Iraq has many people in an up roar.

Send our troops home!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:41 AM

IMO The War In Iraq has many people in an up roar.

Send our troops home!!!!
What?

Historian
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM

Ironic that even the Pope commented on the subject this week, lol.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
What?

My thoughts exactly.

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
What?War in Iraq = Road Rage.

It's an easy association.

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Obviously.

njsue
What?

Just my opinion. How many times to you watch the news?

People are angry that the Troops have not come home yet. Way over do!

Angry Mob is the kicked up level of Road Rage.

Some people need to get a serious grip!!!!!

mybills
Angry crowds in the street are now called road side bombs?

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Just my opinion. How many times to you watch the news?

Angry Mob is the kicked up level of Road Rage.

Some people need to get a serious grip!!!!!What?

njsue
People don't love thy neighbor anymore OBVIOUSLY.

They would rather kick their _ _ _

Bill Brasky
did you guys here about the one in milwaukee. i think it happened the same day.

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:51 AM
People don't love thy neighbor anymore OBVIOUSLY.

They would rather kick their _ _ _ass?

They say it on TV, you can say it here too. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:51 AM
And that's because of the war?

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:52 AM
did you guys here about the one in milwaukee. i think it happened the same day.
Yeah that's the second year in a row when the Juneteenth celebration turned violent. :(

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 07:53 AM

I guess.

I don't see how the two are connected, since road rage happened before the war (as well as things like Columbine and other insane incidents of rage)

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I guess.

I don't see how the two are connected, since road rage happened before the war (as well as things like Columbine and other insane incidents of rage)What is that - logic?

That's crazy talk!

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:55 AM
I guess.

I don't see how the two are connected, since road rage happened before the war (as well as things like Columbine and other insane incidents of rage)
Maybe everyone was still pissed about Vietnam?

njsue
06-21-2007, 07:55 AM

I am just saying many American's are frustrated because the Troops need to come home.

BUT, Still people need to get a serious grip and not beat the crap out of some one.

Where was the parent(s) when this kid was roaming around???

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
ass?

They say it on TV, you can say it here too. :up:
We don't let our kids say that. I tell them if they use that kind of language I will kick their asses.

Dude
06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Where was the parent(s) when this kid was roaming around???

Oh, dear God - here we go again.

njsue
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Maybe everyone was still pissed about Vietnam?

Yeah, the war where the vet's did not get an ounce of Recognition.

Just my Opinion!!!

Dr. Lecter
What is that - logic?

That's crazy talk!

Don't be an ass (See, we can use that word and even in a sentence!)

Dude
Vietnam = Road Rage?

Holy crap I am so confused...

mybills
We don't let our kids say that. I tell them if they use that kind of language I will kick their asses.
Same here! :hi5:

Our rule has always been, they can say whatever they want when they turn 18. I still never hear Bre swear.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe the kid ran away from the parents (or caregiver) for ten seconds.

Maybe the poor dead guy (he was a passenger????) should be the 1A concern and finding the whackos that beat him to death should be the 1B concern.

njsue
Oh, dear God - here we go again.

OK. If a parent was watching this kid they way they should be

Well.......................................... could have prevented alot.

Mr. Miyagi
Same here! :hi5:

Our rule has always been, they can say whatever they want when they turn 18. I still never hear Bre swear.
But you should see what she does. :naughty:

mybills
06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
BMN, look what you started!

Thanks! :snicker:

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Even though I do not have little brats of my own, I am smart enough to know that things can happen in an instant that are not easily preventable.

njsue
Vietnam = Road Rage?

Holy crap I am so confused...

What would make a bunch of people so angry?

Dude

Well.......................................... could have prevented alot.Right - the parents should have had the kid locked in his cage. We've been through that.

"Parents have no life, I should know, I have no kids, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah ..."

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 08:02 AM

Kids try to run off all the time. Parents can yell at them to come back and watch out for cars and stuff and hope they come back. But a lot can happen in those few seconds, not necessarily bad parenting.

Dude
What would make a bunch of people so angry?Oh, I dunno .... maybe the fact that the guy had just run over a little kid???

njsue
Right - the parents should have had the kid locked in his cage. We've been through that.

"Parents have no life, I should know, I have no kids, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah ..."

That child in my avatar is my responsibility.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Right - the parents should have had the kid locked in his cage. We've been through that.

Quit posting and watch your kids dammit!

Dude
That child in my avatar is my responsibility.Poor kid. Who's watching her now?

njsue
Oh, I dunno .... maybe the fact that the guy had just run over a little kid???

No reason to beat someone up. HELLO call 911.

Dude
06-21-2007, 08:05 AM
No reason to beat someone up. HELLO call 911.Who ever said what they did was justified?

Bill Brasky
That child in my avatar is my responsibility.

you're pretty responsible sitting on a message board all day... does she feed herself and wipe her own ass?

Dr. Lecter
No reason to beat someone up. HELLO call 911.

Neither is a misguided, ill-advised war, unless the beatee is Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld.

mybills
06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Who ever said what they did was justified?
nobody, not even njsue.

Mr. Miyagi
Neither is a misguided, ill-advised war, unless the beatee is Bushm Cheney or Rumsfeld.
I knew there had to be a connection somewhere. :up:

Dude
nobody, not even njsue.Right - it's because of Vietnam. Got it. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Right - it's because of Vietnam. Got it. :up:
But what you're missing is, we went to war in Vietnam because we were all still very angry about World War II.

Dude
06-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Blame it on the Crusades!!! I've never gotten over that one.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Stupid War of 1812.

mybills
06-21-2007, 08:11 AM
and so on, and so on, and.....

Dude
06-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Don't get me started, Lecter.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah that's the second year in a row when the Juneteenth celebration turned violent. :(

1 what is it

and

2 why so much hate?

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 08:17 AM
1 what is it

and

2 why so much hate?

Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day or Emancipation Day, is an annual holiday in fourteen states of the United States. Celebrated on June 19, it commemorates the announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas. The holiday originated in Galveston, Texas; for more than a century, the state of Texas was the primary home of Juneteenth celebrations. However, one small community in Arkansas (Wilmar) boasts that its celebration, called "June Dinner" has been consistently observed and celebrated, except for one year, since approximately 1870. Since 1980, Juneteenth has been an official state holiday in Texas. It is considered a "partial staffing holiday" meaning that state offices do not close but some employees will be using a floating holiday to take the day off. Thirteen other states list it as an official holiday, including Arkansas, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Alaska, and California where Governor Schwarzenegger proclaimed June 19th "Juneteenth" on June 19, 2005. However, some of these states, such as Connecticut, do not consider it a legal holiday and do not close government offices in observance of the occasion.Its informal observance has spread to some other states, with a few celebrations even taking place in other countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

The hate just came from the stupidity of a large crowd.

Bill Brasky
06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
i saw on the pictures that it was primarily "blacks" engaging in the violence. i figured it was a race-related thing.

never heard of anybody celebrating it in NY, though.

shelby
06-21-2007, 08:20 AM
This has got to be one of the most confusing :curse:ing threads in Zone history.

How you get "pull the troops out of Iraq" out of "a mob, angry that a child had been hit by a car, beat the passenger of the car to death" is beyond my scope of comprehension.

BTW...i will always blame Canada.

Dude
06-21-2007, 08:22 AM
What would Brian Boitano do?

mybills
06-21-2007, 08:23 AM
This has got to be one of the most confusing :curse:ing threads in Zone history.

I like it...it's amusing me while I wait to leave. :D

BlackMetalNinja
06-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Holy **** what did I start... I was actually doing some work after posting this, and this is what I come back to?

I can't believe I just read what I think I did?

I really have no f'n clue how war has anything to do with this, but I do know this much.

We need to turn these angry mobs towards all the senseless youth that are drag racing their danged automobiles up and down the streets!!! That would solve so much of our problems!

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Holy **** what did I start... I was actually doing some work after posting this, and this is what I come back to?

I can't believe I just read what I think I did?

I really have no f'n clue how war has anything to do with this, but I do know this much.

We need to turn these angry mobs towards all the senseless youth that are drag racing their danged automobiles up and down the streets!!! That would solve so much of our problems!
Or send the angry mob to Iraq. That'd chill them out.

BlackMetalNinja
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
NO! The last thing we need is more people in Iraq obviously, that's why all this senseless violence is occurring at home in the first place, at least that's what I've learned in this thread.

shelby
06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
i nominate this for the Classic Thread Hall of Fame.

BlackMetalNinja
06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
i nominate this for the Classic Thread Hall of Fame.

It could be my first ever HOF thread!!! What an honor!

shelby
06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Someone needs to second the nomination:D

Dude
06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
:bf1:

second

Dude
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Angry Mob is the kicked up level of Road Rage.This reminds me of this internet classic .... http://allyourbase.planettribes.gamespy.com/video1_view.shtml

capitolneal
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I live here in Austin and did'nt no about it till I read it here abd then read the statesman... This is so unlike Austin

kgun12
06-22-2007, 03:59 AM
I am pissed! See what happens when you work all night and sleep during the day. You miss a HOF thread and miss out on some very educational information! Who the hell knew that war could cause this kind of stuff to happen! I will have to talk to my Dad about all the violence that must have happened during WWII. I mean with the bombing of Pearl Habor, the European front, Southern Asain front, and the Bombing of Japan, it's a wonder our troops had anything to come back to...and BTW

WTF!!!

I have heard everything now!!! I wish I would have read this earlier in my shift cause this could F@*K with my head for the rest of the day!!! :crazy:

I think the mods should get a warning for this thread! You should have attached a warning to this thread, that some of the views in this thread cause cause F#*king BRAIN DAMAGE!!!