PDA

View Full Version : New potential entry into the Supplemental Draft: Maryland OT Jared Gaither

Ickybaluky
06-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Gaither has been declared academically ineligible (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2910659):

An NFL scout, who was attending former Georgia cornerback Paul Oliver's workout in Athens, Ga., on Wednesday, said Gaither would be the most desirable player available if he enters the supplemental draft.

Gaither is a big (6-9, 330#), athletic LT with real potential, but he is considered very raw. The article states he may return to school and play for Maryland in 2008.

bigbub2352
06-21-2007, 09:09 AM
man that is a big dude, but i think we r not interested in addin anothe Olineman, after the offseason and draft last year, i think we r lookin for a RG and C prospects, Fowler is a FA next year, and Preston has yet to be a full time starter

Pinkerton Security
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Gaither has been declared academically ineligible (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2910659):

Gaither is a big (6-9, 330#), athletic LT with real potential, but he is considered very raw. The article states he may return to school and play for Maryland in 2008.

he's HUGE!!!

http://nationalchamps.net/2006/preview/pics/small/maryland_jared_gaither_sm.jpg

DraftBoy
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM

Yea I reported this about a week ago off Draft Daddy, Im not sure he's entering sounds like he wants to go back to school and needs to wait on his summer marks. If Im Buffalo Id bid on both these guys.

The Spaz
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Kick walker inside at guard and get this guy...lol. We would have the biggest o-line in the NFL. Seriosly guy is really intriguing.

DraftBoy
06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
He was a beast at Maryland would of been likely the #2 tackle this past draft if he left early, possibly #1 if he could of beaten out Thomas in work outs (though I doubt it). I currently have him #3 (behind Long and Baker).

Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Gaither is going to be awesome. However i think he is going back to Maryland. He will get special treatment and get good grades. He will be a 1st round pick in next years draft. But that would be awesome if we got him.

We would move Petere to RG(He has got a guards body) and play Gaither at LT.

mysticsoto
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Gaither is going to be awesome. However i think he is going back to Maryland. He will get special treatment and get good grades. He will be a 1st round pick in next years draft. But that would be awesome if we got him.

We would move Petere to RG(He has got a guards body) and play Gaither at LT.

What? We should move our best OL Peters to RG (???) and play a raw rookie @LT???

Get a clue...

mysticsoto
06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Kick walker inside at guard and get this guy...lol. We would have the biggest o-line in the NFL. Seriosly guy is really intriguing.

The only problem is, JP is only 6'2" and would look like Flutie back there...

Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
What? We should move our best OL Peters to RG (???) and play a raw rookie @LT???

Get a clue...

Peters is a not as good as you think. He had a good year. However Gaither has pro bowl LT potential. Peters will never sniff the pro bowl.

mysticsoto
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Peters is a not as good as you think. He had a good year. However Gaither has pro bowl LT potential. Peters will never sniff the pro bowl.

Peters is proven in the NFL, Gaither is not...go look up Robert Gallery for info on which one you should put your money on!

Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Peters is proven in the NFL, Gaither is not...go look up Robert Gallery for info on which one you should put your money on!

I would rather have Gallery than Peters. Gallery will be a pro bowler. Not a TE who was to fat to play TE, so they had to move him to o-line.

Dr. Lecter
06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I would rather have Gallery than Peters. Gallery will be a pro bowler. Not a TE who was to fat to play TE, so they had to move him to o-line.

Quit trolling and saying crap just to get a response.

We already have enough of that crap going on.

The Spaz
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM

You are officially a troll. :troll:

Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Quit trolling and saying crap just to get a response.

We already have enough of that crap going on.

I'm just stating the facts, player.

justasportsfan
06-21-2007, 12:51 PM

The Answer is back.

mysticsoto
06-21-2007, 01:37 PM
The Answer is back.

Doesn't matter under what name they post. Their stupidity always surfaces to the top...

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
He did a good job blocking Anthony Spencer in their Bowl game.

Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
06-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Gaither is the next Ogden.

Hall of Famer.

patmoran2006
06-21-2007, 03:19 PM

I'm normally a big fan of free speech on here and think its pathetic that homers get their way and get people critical of the Bills thrown off the board.

But you couldn't make it anymore obvious that you are doing nothing but intentionally trying to start **** on here with total idiotic statements.

For once, even I hope someone gets their ass tossed off this board.

Oaf
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
The hell do you know? lets see some logic to that awful post

ParanoidAndroid
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Mods! Clean-up on aisle 3!

Yasgur's Farm
06-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Glad to see this Roscoe guy got banned... bb.com has this statement in it's code of conduct

There will be a 25 post count minimum before you may start a new thread. This is intended to keep the message boards clear of trolls whose sole intent is to join the board for a short time with the sole purpose of creating inflammatory topics, posts, or comments.:bf1:

Ickybaluky
06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
It's official, Gaither is going to be in the Supplemental Draft.

LINK (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/28/AR2007062801974.html)

He will generate some interest, and probably be the first player taken.