PDA

View Full Version : I bet Washington or someone else gives us at least 4th rounder for Walker

Mitchy moo
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
We can sign him to a contract acceptable to both team, based on him passing a physical & we might be able to get as early as a 4th rounder with Snyder. A three team trade with Washington being involved could also be a possibility. Right now I can't think of a straight up player swap with Washington but who knows what could happen with Snyder.

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1024802-->
The plan is call around & see if someone else likes Walker, if so punch the ticket for a better draft pick. We own the rights to him and if we sign him that eliminates our obligation to Philly and we can do an immediate trade.<!-- THE POST -->

Ickybaluky
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Why would a team trade for Walker knowing he is holding out for a new contract? If Buffalo doesn't want to pay him, why would another team want to give up a draft pick and pay him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mitchy moo
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Why would a team trade for Walker knowing he is holding out for a new contract? If Buffalo doesn't want to pay him, why would another team want to give up a draft pick and pay him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

If some other team likes him and doesn't want him to hit the open market we can come to an agreement with him, sign him (to knock out the philly trade) and then trade him for a better pick. We might be willing to pay him what he wants and someone else might. Since we technically have control of his rights, why not?

It's kind of like flipping property for a higher amount without ever really planning on owning it (i've done that once or twice).