X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Not a good idea

NOT A GOOD IDEA: Dolphins season ticket holders who are already losing a home game due to Miami "home" game against the Giants in London this fall are also being given virtually no choice, but to spend the money necessary to attend the game overseas. According to a report in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel Miami season ticket holders not only can't resell their tickets to the London game, they also have to physically pick them up in person with photo ID in London the week of the game!

Travel packages with tickets run from $1,699 to $3,749, without airfare according to the report, so you can imagine what adding a flight overseas will do on top of that. Of course those buying travel packages do not have to pick up tickets in London. How thoughtful.

I understand the league doesn't want fans paying extraordinary prices for re-sold tickets, but I've got to believe that some season ticket holders simply can't afford that kind of expense. Miami season ticket holders didn't sign up for an extra expense that for some is going to be more than the cost of their tickets for the whole season.

They should at least be able to re-sell their tickets to that game in exchange for losing a home game.

• Roscoe'sChick&Waffs
    Junior Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Not a good idea

The leauge is thinking about adding one game to regular season, so each team can play an international game.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

This makes no sense. Doesn't making Miami Season Tix holders travel to attend a game in a foreign country completely defeat the purpose of having a game in a foreign country? If the crowd is all Miami fans from the U.S., why would people living in and around London care that a game is going on if they can't actually watch it live?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

No big deal Miami fans dont go to home games in Pro Player either.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          word.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

IF that is the case, there is NO WAY that's legal; unless the season ticket holders are not made to pay for the ticket.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

here's an idea: The Dolphins should let anyone who's not going to go to the game forfeit their tickets in exchange for a refund of the ticket price, then the team/NFL can re-sell the tickets the same way the rest of the tix to the London game are sold.

That way, season ticket holders don't pay for a game they can't attend and more tickets are available for people in Europe who may want to attend the game.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Miami has season ticket holders? Color me surprised! As empty as the place looks, I figured the city used it as a homeless shelter or something.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

How the hell is the travel package that much money without airfare? That's crazy. I'm going to England in a couple weeks and the flight is about 1200 bucks. A fan could then stay in a hostel for a night or two for 30-50 dollars a night. Add in food, drinks and the ticket and we're talking $2000 including airfare. Maybe with the travel package 2-3 cheerleaders are thrown in.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

if the bills told me i had to pay for a ticket to a game in london and i couldnt resell the tix id tell them to stick their seasons where helmet guy doesnt shine
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by cocamide
                      How the hell is the travel package that much money without airfare? That's crazy. I'm going to England in a couple weeks and the flight is about 1200 bucks. A fan could then stay in a hostel for a night or two for 30-50 dollars a night. Add in food, drinks and the ticket and we're talking $2000 including airfare. Maybe with the travel package 2-3 cheerleaders are thrown in.
                      Dude don't stay in a Hostel!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

That's funny because there are people on FH who mentioned selling theirs. Perhaps this is bad info or perhaps those folks didn't get that word

Comment

Well, if it's accurate it seems to me that they'll be playing the game with a stadium with hardly any people in it.

Wembley holds a lot more people than their home stadium but I can't see more than 10 or 20% of them making that trip leaving say 40K empty seats.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            You sir, are correct....since there is no such thing as Pro Player Stadium

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                              You sir, are correct....since there is no such thing as Pro Player Stadium
                              good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X