PDA

View Full Version : still no adams...

SoCalBillsFan
03-17-2003, 02:48 AM
so much for the weekend deal. I'm a little worried personaly, I think this might show signs of not working out. I hope TD pulls through.

northernbillfan
03-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Since he postponed a trip on the weekend, I still feel TD will announce a deal, first thing Monday morning.

It's been a long two weeks for everyone, they just needed to take a breather. Perhaps chill at Ralphy's pad on Saturday. Drink a toast for a job well done, and face the media frenzy on Monday.

WG
03-17-2003, 05:47 AM
Well, it is interesting so far. There was a lot of momentum that has hit a wall seemingly. The only real impact player we've signed is Spikes albeit he's a big one. Posey, ehh, who knows. Could be no better than or worse than Newman. Campbell will be a backup as will McKenzie, I hope at least. If McK starts then we may be hurtin' there.

The big thing to me is our current cap situation which affords us some tremendous flexibility and opportunity for additional moves between now and the end of FAcy and for June 1st cuts.

I agree though, we really need to get some other players. DT, WR, OL depth. DE IMO although I think we may be done there relying on Jones or McKenzie.

kgun12
03-17-2003, 06:05 AM
I thought maybe with ALL the players that came through last week, they told Sam to wait so they could see how much some of these other guys wanted, and then they would get him done.

WG
03-17-2003, 06:49 AM
I don't think Adams has much leverage. TD will only pay what's good for the team, that much I'm convinced of now, especially after signing Spikes to a great contract for both him and us.

We should easily be able to find some OL depth and a WR. A DT shouldn't be a problem even if it's only for one year. We're in good shape.