X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Darcy says talks will get serious with Briere and Drury's agent at the draft

WGRZ ch 2 Sports reporter Adam Benigni reported tonight, Darcy is at the draft and he said that a deal might get done with either Briere or/and Drury at the draft. "We will meet face to face with both the players agents and try to get a deal done. Meeting face-to-face is better than talking by " Darcy Regier still hasnt ruled out signing both Drury and Briere.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 06-21-2007, 11:37 PM.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: Darcy says talks will get serious with Briere and Drury's agent at the draft

Please, God, let it be Drury. No disrespect to Danny, whom I really like, but Drury is a once-in-a-lifetime type. It's like the old "Sandlot" quote: "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Briere is the first part, Drury the second.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Re: Darcy says talks will get serious with Briere and Drury's agent at the draft

Well, let's just wait until the last minute Darcy

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I also would like to see a deal get done for Vanek before FA starts. I know Buffalo would receive compensation for him but can compensation relace a 23 year 40+ goal scorer with a 40+ +/- rating.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
          Drury is a once-in-a-lifetime type.
          I like Drury and he's a good all-around player, but this kind of rhetoric is ridiculous. Does your lifetime not include Perreault and LaFontaine?

Drury is NOT a legend.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
            Please, God, let it be Drury. No disrespect to Danny, whom I really like, but Drury is a once-in-a-lifetime type. It's like the old "Sandlot" quote: "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Briere is the first part, Drury the second.
            Man, I think I'm going to change the middle pic in my sig. It's amazing how many people are all over Drury's **** now. Many of them were all over Briere's during the season. And now everyone doesn't give a **** whether we lose Briere or not, but will cry if we lose Drury....

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
              I like Drury and he's a good all-around player, but this kind of rhetoric is ridiculous. Does your lifetime not include Perreault and LaFontaine?

Drury is NOT a legend.
              He is GETTING there.

who has the most Stanley Cups in that bunch?

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                He is GETTING there.

who has the most Stanley Cups in that bunch?
                Want to go through the thousand or so names on the Cup? They all have more.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• carybillsfan
                  • Aug 2003

Everyone's in such a panic about this. Darcy's got an entire week to get it done, he will. I have a feeling that they'll both be back....some how, some way they're both staying in Buffalo.

NJ was able to keep Gomez last year, TB was able to Keep Richards, Lecav, and St. Louis. Speculation last was both of these teams would not be able to do it but they found a way, so will the sabres.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Want to go through the thousand or so names on the Cup? They all have more.
                    I was just talking between Drury, Perreault and LaFontaine.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I was just talking between Drury, Perreault and LaFontaine.
                      And I showed how that's irrelevant. Teams win Cups, not individuals.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

And I showed how that's irrelevant. Teams win Cups, not individuals.
                        But he sure didn't hurt Colorado.

2000-2001Avalanche 23 11 5 16 5 4 2 0 2 62 17.7

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

But he sure didn't hurt Colorado.
                          It's a bit of a drop from "legend" to "sure didn't hurt"

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

I think it is important that we retain both stars. Briere may score more goals and look better on paper but Drury brings more to the table. If I had to choose, it would be Drury but I seriously hope Darcy doesn't choose just one, he needs both.

On a side note, ESPN (LOL) has Drury rated as the top FA out there... which I happen to agree with.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Man, I think I'm going to change the middle pic in my sig. It's amazing how many people are all over Drury's **** now. Many of them were all over Briere's during the season. And now everyone doesn't give a **** whether we lose Briere or not, but will cry if we lose Drury....
                              Mikey, Mikey, Mikey

I hear what you are saying. I think we don't want to see both of these guys leave but I think most peple would rather see CHris in a Sabres jersey if we had to lose 1 of them. Trust me I dont want to lose either of them but thats the name of the game, I really think we do need to get some size in here if we lose 1 of them...God knows we could have used some physical guys in the palyoffs!!!!
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X