Why I believe that 2010 will be the last year for the Bills in Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I believe that 2010 will be the last year for the Bills in Buffalo

Wilson bought this team in October of 1959. The team started play in '60. The 50th year anniversary of that first season will be during the '09 season.

Often times people well-known for something pass away at significant dates such as that. Charles Shultz, the founder/creator of Peanuts did that at his 50th anniversary of starting the cartoon.

It's pretty clear that Wilson's faculties are leaving him in spite of notions that some think that for 87 last year he is mentally relatively sharp, which may very well be the case.

But based on his most recent statements he clearly has no fire anymore to see this team, his own team, actually field a winner. Amongst many statements otherwise all but assuring that the Bills won't remain in Buffalo after his death, he made absolutely no mention of having a winning team or even showing that he in fact even cared about having one.

Every time he makes a press conference nowadays it's more than clear that he's not winning the battle against "Father Time." If you compare him to when he appeared just three or four seasons ago it's astonishing how far he seems to have regressed in that way.

I just have a hunch that at the 50th anniversary of a team clearly going nowhere over the next few seasons given the path that we've chosen, and given the seeming lack by Wilson of seeing anything more than a bunch of players called the Bills run around on a field in a stadium that bears his name, that following the 50th season of existence, Wilson will pass away. Frankly, if not sooner although I imagine that he can make it 'til then.

Either way, if that does in fact happen, the team will be sold sometime following that season and likely prior to the start of the '10 season. If so, the '10 season would likely be the last in Buffalo b/c let's face it, Wilson has all but made it impossible for the team to remain in an economic climate such as WNY by his own choosing.

Which on a side note doesn't really rub very well with all those suggesting that all that Wilson cares about is the fans. He's clearly thinking only about his own family here. Which isn't wrong, but let's at least call it what it is and ditch all the statements about how he's so altruistic in caring about the fans whom clearly take the back seats on this bus.

So IMO expect the Bills to play in Buffalo no longer than '10 if not even sooner. I can easily see Wilson passing anytime now. He simply doesn't look too good anymore when he goes public.
  • bflojohn
    • Aug 2005

Re: Why I believe that 2010 will be the last year for the Bills in Buffalo

Yeah, and the Incas predicted the end of Earth's time to be December 21st, 2012! I have got to say, you are the harbinger of BAD tidings on this board! Congratulations, ever "writer" needs his or hers' schtick, you definately have found yours!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Just for the record.

I've openly despised Ralph Wilson on here for the past two seasons, and though I get a lot of 'hatin on me the feeling is I won't be alone soon.

I do still think however, this government is going to at least exhaust every effort imaginable to keep this team in here and I do like the fact that Goodel is a NY guy. Matter of fact, I'll go beyond local gov't. I'll say the STATE gov't will do everything possible to keep this team here.

Ultimately, it of course comes down to the intentions of the ownership group. Dont be surprised to see Jim Kelly put forth a serious group of investors.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

But based on his most recent statements he clearly has no fire anymore to see this team, his own team, actually field a winner. Amongst many statements otherwise all but assuring that the Bills won't remain in Buffalo after his death, he made absolutely no mention of having a winning team or even showing that he in fact even cared about having one.

Clearly?

Tell us why it is "clearly" oh great one?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Just for the record.

I've openly despised Ralph Wilson on here for the past two seasons, and though I get a lot of 'hatin on me the feeling is I won't be alone soon.

I do still think however, this government is going to at least exhaust every effort imaginable to keep this team in here and I do like the fact that Goodel is a NY guy. Matter of fact, I'll go beyond local gov't. I'll say the STATE gov't will do everything possible to keep this team here.

Ultimately, it of course comes down to the intentions of the ownership group. Dont be surprised to see Jim Kelly put forth a serious group of investors.
            i agree. the team won't leave without a big fight by a number of parties on its behalf. We'll see a lot of Chuck and Hillary in town. Conveniently enough, if 2010 is anything other than a random year picked by the creator of this thread, Chuck is running for re-election in 2010. Saving the Bills would be a good cause for him to take under his wing and thus gaurantee the upstate vote.

but you're right, in the end, somebody who wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo is going to have to pony up the cash.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Just for the record.

Jim Kelly has already said he is interested. I wouldn't be surprised if he is using this time that Ralph gave him to already put together a group of people to buy the team.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Jim Kelly has already said he is interested. I wouldn't be surprised if he is using this time that Ralph gave him to already put together a group of people to buy the team.
                How does group ownership work out?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I think it will be sooner than 2010. Global warming will dry up the world and the price of gatorade will cost more than gasoline.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

LOL

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                      Wilson bought this team in October of 1959. The team started play in '60. The 50th year anniversary of that first season will be during the '09 season.

Often times people well-known for something pass away at significant dates such as that. Charles Shultz, the founder/creator of Peanuts did that at his 50th anniversary of starting the cartoon.

It's pretty clear that Wilson's faculties are leaving him in spite of notions that some think that for 87 last year he is mentally relatively sharp, which may very well be the case.

Every time he makes a press conference nowadays it's more than clear that he's not winning the battle against "Father Time." If you compare him to when he appeared just three or four seasons ago it's astonishing how far he seems to have regressed in that way.

I just have a hunch that at the 50th anniversary of a team clearly going nowhere over the next few seasons given the path that we've chosen, and given the seeming lack by Wilson of seeing anything more than a bunch of players called the Bills run around on a field in a stadium that bears his name, that following the 50th season of existence, Wilson will pass away. Frankly, if not sooner although I imagine that he can make it 'til then.

Either way, if that does in fact happen, the team will be sold sometime following that season and likely prior to the start of the '10 season. If so, the '10 season would likely be the last in Buffalo b/c let's face it, Wilson has all but made it impossible for the team to remain in an economic climate such as WNY by his own choosing.

Which on a side note doesn't really rub very well with all those suggesting that all that Wilson cares about is the fans. He's clearly thinking only about his own family here. Which isn't wrong, but let's at least call it what it is and ditch all the statements about how he's so altruistic in caring about the fans whom clearly take the back seats on this bus.

So IMO expect the Bills to play in Buffalo no longer than '10 if not even sooner. I can easily see Wilson passing anytime now. He simply doesn't look too good anymore when he goes public.
                      Unfortunatly you may be right

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I knew Ralph was a tool when he said he would rather beat SD and Butler than win the sb.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                          • Oct 2002

This is kind of a morbid thread. Trying to predict when someone is going to die?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                            This is kind of a morbid thread. Trying to predict when someone is going to die?
                            WYS= The new Nostradamus.

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah Cleveland put up a big stink when the Browns were leaving for Baltimore. look how well that worked. The team still left and it took years to get one back.

Cleveland actually has some type of economy and is considered one of the most important cities in the state of Ohio.

Buffalo is considered a thorn in the side of NY state by our legislative branch that is controlled by the downstate money hoarders.

NY state will do something publicly to make them look good but it will be all for show.
                              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X