PDA

View Full Version : More Miami Under the Bus Tossing

patmoran2006
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
First it was vets sounding off about drafting Ginn. Now its a vet leader questioning whether their QB can take a hit. nice team chemistry being built here. If I was Cameron it would be time to put the hammer down and have his team stop talking to the media altogether.

Dolphins | Taylor does not have confidence in Green's health
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:13:07 -0700
Harvey Fialkov, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) DL Jason Taylor (http://www.kffl.com/player/1020/nfl) told Sports Illustrated in an interview that he questions QB Trent Green (http://www.kffl.com/player/989/nfl)'s ability to take a hit after sustaining a concussion last season. "This is off the record - oh, what the hell, it's on the record: He'd better not get hit. One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs," Taylor said of Green.

Saratoga Slim
06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
1. For the record, I like Trent Green and hope he gets through the season without another concussion. But may he get many turf burns on the carpet at ralph wilson stadium.

2. Is Cam Cameron exerting any authority down there? That's a serious question for Dolphin fans. It sounds like the kids have taken over the school.

mikemac2001
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
"This is off the record - oh, what the hell, it's on the record: He'd better not get hit. One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs," Taylor said of Green.

Haha he is like i shouldnt say this O what the hell ill say it

funny

Mr. Miyagi
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
"Well I shouldn't tell you this, but oh what the hell I'll tell you. I'm a big time flaming super freak homo!" - Jason Taylor

TacklingDummy
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
They are right about concussions leading to depression. Look at Trent Green. He's so depressed he wanted to be traded to Miami. He must still be sufferring post concussion syndrome.

dolphan117
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
1. For the record, I like Trent Green and hope he gets through the season without another concussion. But may he get many turf burns on the carpet at ralph wilson stadium.

2. Is Cam Cameron exerting any authority down there? That's a serious question for Dolphin fans. It sounds like the kids have taken over the school.My guess is he said that because he wanted Pep to stay, as did a lot of the vets aparently.

Last year after Pep was benched and Joey was playing (this was before he started sucking it up and we had just won a game) a reporter asked Chambers, Booker, and Ronnie Brown who the starter was when Pep got healthy. The response was "Culpepper, no question". Earlier this one of our vet DT's Holliday did an interview to Espn and was really hoping Pep was going to be the guy because when healthy he felt like Pep was still a top QB..... Then several weeks ago Jason Taylor had this to say in a radio interview

At the Dolphins team banquet, why did you make a point to emphasize all the work that Daunte Culpepper has put into coming back?

Because of the heat he’s taking in the media. Daunte Culpepper is my quarterback, Cleo Lemon is my quarterback and [John] Beck is my quarterback. Daunte has received a lot of bad press and he doesn’t deserve it. People are free to write and say what they want, but at the banquet I was in a position to stand up for the man. I see how hard he works and how bad he wants to comeback and be successful. I’ve seen stuff in the papers and heard people on the radio say he’s not showing up for workouts, he’s missing rehab, he’s gaining weight, he’s not working hard and a bunch of other crap that couldn’t be further from the truth. I thought it was a good chance for me to stand up if front of everyone when they are all listening and say the man is working, he wants to come back and he’s trying as hard as he can to comeback from an injury that nine out ten people would have never played again after.

He had a very bad knee injury and he’s working his way back, so let’s be patient and give him a chance. We knew last year when he rushed back that he wasn’t one hundred percent healthy and the man needs time to heal. Give him a shot and if the team decides to go in another direction, then fine. As far as the media and fans are concerned - who are kind of ignorant of the situation - [they] need to take a step back and say, “This is a grown man, a man who has feelings, who has kids and let’s be careful how bad we trash him.”

Its seems the team has always been solidly in Pep's corner ever since we traded for him, my guess is part of what JT said is just frustration that "his guy" is going to be out the door without even being given a chance to compete while the job is pretty much being handed to a 37 year old guy coming off a concussion.

But yeah it is a bit of a concern that JT would say that about Green to the media, whatever his reason for it was. Since Cam took over though this is the first time that comes to mind of a player openly questioning/disagreeing with coaching/management/player decisions.

cocamide
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I can't wait for this season to start and I can only wish the worse upon the Dolphins. I really hope the soap opera doesn't stop here.

Mitchy moo
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I can't wait for this season to start and I can only wish the worse upon the Dolphins. I really hope the soap opera doesn't stop here.

it won't.

dolphan117
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I would be kinda surprised if the team really had an uprising that caused real problems. Every time a new coach comes in you have statements like this where players are learning to adjust to a new coach. Not unusual at all.

Bling
06-22-2007, 01:10 PM
:up: Taylor

jmb1099
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Look I don't want to speculate too much, but the fins are sounding more and more like a MM lead team everyday. This isn't even meant for smack, it just sounds all too familar.

arsenal
06-22-2007, 01:15 PM
haha taylor always speaks his mind... hes just stating the obvious, dude came off a major concussion and a big hit could **** him up... its not like he was dissing Trent Green at all... you bills fans love to reach :limp:

Bling
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Look I don't want to speculate too much, but the fins are sounding more and more like a MM lead team everyday. This isn't even meant for smack, it just sounds all too familar.

JT has never been an off the field leader. You add that his wife tried divorcing him twice, and you can tell he's emotionally unstable and becoming like those old people that will say anything.

jmb1099
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
JT has never been an off the field leader. You add that his wife tried divorcing him twice, and you can tell he's emotionally unstable and becoming like those old people that will say anything.
It could very well be that is all it is, like I said, no smack intended, it just has an all too familiar feel to it.
This time if year is always crazy with this stuff so who knows one moment to the next.

HHURRICANE
06-22-2007, 03:51 PM
After watching the PR cluster-F invloving the 2007 draft and the fact that Cameron and the organization looked helpless as the fans torched them over the Ginn pick I just don't think they are in control.

Historian
06-22-2007, 04:14 PM
They should just move the fish to LA...

Better yet, fold the franchise.

LtFinFan66
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
They should just move the fish to LA...

Better yet, fold the franchise.You wouldn't know what to do with yourself without the Fins to kick around

Historian
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
:blah:

LtFinFan66
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Exactly!! That's what everything you would say would sound like

Historian
06-22-2007, 04:25 PM
:squish:

dolphan117
06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
JT has never been an off the field leader. You add that his wife tried divorcing him twice, and you can tell he's emotionally unstable and becoming like those old people that will say anything.Do not agree.

thecoordinator
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
i'd think with JT's resume he can pretty much say what he wants. oh yeah, and he's fresh off being named the best defensive player in the NFL.

FINintheMOON
06-22-2007, 07:50 PM
First it was vets sounding off about drafting Ginn. Now its a vet leader questioning whether their QB can take a hit. nice team chemistry being built here. If I was Cameron it would be time to put the hammer down and have his team stop talking to the media altogether.

Dolphins | Taylor does not have confidence in Green's health
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:13:07 -0700
Harvey Fialkov, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/167">Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) DL Jason Taylor (http://www.kffl.com/player/1020/nfl) told Sports Illustrated in an interview that he questions QB Trent Green (http://www.kffl.com/player/989/nfl)'s ability to take a hit after sustaining a concussion last season. "This is off the record - oh, what the hell, it's on the record: He'd better not get hit. One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs," Taylor said of Green.

This whole thing was taken out of context!!! Be sure that you read all of the news before passing judgement!!!

!Papacrunk!
06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
here's a quip from one of the Dolphins beat writers from the Sun Sentinel:

His comment about Trent Green? No, not that either, though the "scrambled eggs" part was stronger than I expected. Here's what everyone is missing: when Taylor said that about Green, Culpepper was still somewhat in the picture. Look at Taylor's history. He always supports the guy who is already on the team. It's just his nature, and it's what fans say they want athletes to do. Remember Taylor's response to Nick Saban questions at the end of Jim Bates' interim tenure. He said he didn't care about Saban. That was to show support for Bates.

maybe, just maybe Taylor's quote was taken before the trade had even happened and at that time Culpepper was potentially fighting for a job with the QBs on the roster at THAT time. Then again, why double check his feelings now post trade, where would the story be in that?

DynaPaul
06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
One word to our defense: BLITZ!

dolphan117
06-24-2007, 08:01 PM
One word to our defense: BLITZ!Untill we prove we can either pick it up or beat it I think thats what everyone will be doing.

Kadiddlehopper
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
More inclined to let them speak on the field.

Bill Brasky
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs," Taylor said of Green.

scrambled eggs don't fry in a buffalo december...

DynaPaul
06-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Untill we prove we can either pick it up or beat it I think thats what everyone will be doing.

That's what every team did to us when our O-line played like crap.