X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Enough about Spikes already

Bottom line is he ASKED to be traded or released. Just like McGahee and Moulds did. Yes, we got a crappy 6th round pick out of it (if the walker situation doesn't work out) but at least we got something out of it, and we don't owe Spikes any money, which we would have if we outright released him.

Just because Spikes WAS a very good player doesn't mean we HAD to keep him on this team. The whole point of a team is having players who are dedicated to eachother, and play for eachother. If a guy doesn't want to be on your team...then WHY do you keep him?

This is what Marv is doing, and no matter how strange it is to get rid of our "Star players" this team is going to be a lot better off in the long run by having players who actually WANT to play for this team on the roster and giving them the money that they deserve, instead of wasting it on players who don't want to be here and don't play up to their potential because of it.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Enough about Spikes already

And we solved the problem of Spikes not wanting to be here by trading for Darwin Walker, who doesn't want to be here. BRILLIANT!
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

I'm not saying that trading for Walker was the answer...if HE doesn't want to be here then screw him too. All im saying that getting rid of Spikes isn't the end of the world.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Spikes has to prove that his ankle is recovered and has to set himself up for his next contract, plus he's a true competitor. If you really think Spikes would have caused problems because he didn't want to be here, you're kidding yourself and just trying to find a way to justify a bad move by the FO.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by more cowbell
          I'm not saying that trading for Walker was the answer...if HE doesn't want to be here then screw him too. All im saying that getting rid of Spikes isn't the end of the world.
          it is when you get next to nothing in return and have a bunch of unproven players behind him. We really could use experience at LB and I think Spikes has earned another shot.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

What happens when Evans, Schobel, Losman, Peters don't want to be here?

Enough about Buffalo being a place where players don't want to play. That's worse than any other reason. That needs to change.

And Spikes was the kind of player who gave his all regardless of how he felt.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• more cowbell
              • Apr 2006

We all said the same thing about Eric Moulds.

How hard he competed and played his best all the time. Then we all saw what happened in 2005 when the team fell apart.

Am I saying that Spikes was bound to do that? No...you can't predict what's going to happen. But it's better to get rid of someone who is potentially going to be a huge problem and just get rid of the entire situation.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Spikes has to prove that his ankle is recovered and has to set himself up for his next contract, plus he's a true competitor. If you really think Spikes would have caused problems because he didn't want to be here, you're kidding yourself and just trying to find a way to justify a bad move by the FO.
                HOw many players do you know recovered from an achilles injuryand get back to the probowl?
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                  What happens when Evans, Schobel, Losman, Peters don't want to be here?

Enough about Buffalo being a place where players don't want to play. That's worse than any other reason. That needs to change.

And Spikes was the kind of player who gave his all regardless of how he felt.

Haven't heard one word from Schobel or Peters yet about wanting to leave, and both of them just had to deal with players who aren't as good as them getting contracts bigger than the ones they just got.

I never said anything about Buffalo being a place where players don't want to play. Spikes didn't want to be here because the FO wanted to get younger and got rid of all of his veteran buddies like Vincent, Fletcher, Clements, Adams, Posey, Moulds.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    HOw many players do you know recovered from an achilles injuryand get back to the probowl?
                    funny how when Spikes was still on the team, a bunch of people found examples of players who recovered and basically said that medicine has improved over the last few years to the point where the injury isn't as serious.

But now that Spikes is off the team, suddenly there are no examples of players that recovered.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• more cowbell
                      • Apr 2006

You are kidding yourself thinking that he wouldn't cause problems. How do you know what he would have done. He was *****ing last season so I could only imagine what would have happened this year. Dont forget Troy Vincent was a class act as well and he decided to open his mouth last year...

Just because these guys are "Stars" doesn't mean they are bigger than a team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Bottom line is he ASKED to be traded or released. Just like McGahee and Moulds did. Yes, we got a crappy 6th round pick out of it (if the walker situation doesn't work out) but at least we got something out of it, and we don't owe Spikes any money, which we would have if we outright released him.

Just because Spikes WAS a very good player doesn't mean we HAD to keep him on this team. The whole point of a team is having players who are dedicated to eachother, and play for eachother. If a guy doesn't want to be on your team...then WHY do you keep him?

This is what Marv is doing, and no matter how strange it is to get rid of our "Star players" this team is going to be a lot better off in the long run by having players who actually WANT to play for this team on the roster and giving them the money that they deserve, instead of wasting it on players who don't want to be here and don't play up to their potential because of it.
                        Not to get off the topic of Spikes (which I disagree with you but respect your opinion)

I put in bold your line about "giving them the money that they deserve." We'll see about that over the next 12-24 months when it comes time to re-up and resign/extend guys like Losman, Evans, Peters, Crowell, Ellison and Schobel.

With Spikes, Moulds, Vincent, Milloy, Adams etc the Bills have been able to justify the cuts and trades by saying they are older players who are past their prime and things like that. That's understood and depending on your view, acceptable.

But when it comes to the young and/or proven nucleus of talent we have that Wilson will soon have to "pay the piper" for, we'll see if the moves over the past few years have indeed been made to build a young championship team; or if Wilson will let these guys walk too because he doesn't to pay for them, which in essence would be contuining the trend.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

funny how when Spikes was still on the team, a bunch of people found examples of players who recovered and basically said that medicine has improved over the last few years to the point where the injury isn't as serious.

But now that Spikes is off the team, suddenly there are no examples of players that recovered.

they hoped as did I . It's the same thing as , If it happened to someone or to some other team , it can happen to the bills/Spikes. All of a sudden it can happen to Spikes? Make up your mind.

Where's my list?
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

You are kidding yourself thinking that he wouldn't cause problems. How do you know what he would have done. He was *****ing last season so I could only imagine what would have happened this year. Dont forget Troy Vincent was a class act as well and he decided to open his mouth last year...

Just because these guys are "Stars" doesn't mean they are bigger than a team.
                            SPikes already complained in public about Posey, Sam, etc. etc. That's a fact. But in OP's head, inspite of the facts being there , it's his opinion that an unhappy player forced to stay will do nothing.

Op, knows it all.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              they hoped as did I . It's the same thing as , If it happened to someone or to some other team , it can happen to the bills/Spikes. All of a sudden it can happen to Spikes? Make up your mind.

Where's my list?
                              What? I never said anything about whether or not Spikes COULD recover- only that I hoped he would. I don't know enough about the specific injury so I never commented on that particular comment.

You're the one who seemed to think he could recover when he was on the Bills, but now you're saying players don't recover from that injury. YOU'RE the one who needs to make up your mind, not me.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X