PDA

View Full Version : So now that the 1st RD is over

ct bills fan
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Who are the best players still on the board for us to pick with the 1st pick of RD2?

Carlton Bailey
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm so pissed at Regier for not moving up three ****ing spots for Petrecki. Typical inactivity from him.

Top of my list for No. 31...

D-men Niklas Torp and Tommy Cross.

Philagape
06-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm so pissed at Regier for not moving up three ****ing spots for Petrecki. Typical inactivity from him.

Blame Zubrus. That was our pick

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-22-2007, 10:14 PM
look for the Sabres to trade players for more draft choices tomorrow. Afinogenov, Kotalik, Spacek are the names I have had heard alot of ever since the Sabres lost to the Senators. Then the Sabres are going to use that money to throw at Briere, Drury, Vanek and a big named defenceman and some other UFA's Lindy in the Press Conference said that our defence has to get better.

“For us, the focus, if we have the opportunity, will be to add more picks,” Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier said Wednesday along the highway to Columbus. “The draft is seven rounds now. It used to be nine rounds, used to be 10 rounds, used to be 12 rounds.

“The preference for us would be to collect as many picks as we can with each year. That’s how our team has been built and will continue to be built, through the draft.”

“There’s probably a greater likelihood we could move back from the pick we currently have,” Regier said. “Ironically, we don’t pick the first day, but we open up the selections of Day Two. That’s not happened before for us. That will be interesting. Teams that didn’t feel they got through the round with the players they wanted and see the group that’s left . . . We may get calls on that pick.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/103513.html

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Is Tom Cross still available? Big, tough, punishing D-man.

TigerJ
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
It sounded like Regier thought Buffalo has quite a few defensemen in the pipeline, and might load up on forwards this year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, but they are all offensive smallish defenseman. As far as forwards, how about Brett MacLaen, big LW from the OHL? No goalies in the 1st round.

Akim Aliu?
Zack Torquato?
Billy Sweatt?
Maxim Mayorov?

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by NHL.com
Besides, while most of his classmates are putting on their caps and gowns and posing for pictures today, Brennan has a 4 p.m. meeting with the Buffalo Sabres, who own the first pick of the second round (31st overall) in this weekend’s draft. The first round of the NHL draft will be conducted at Nationwide Arena Friday night, with rounds two through seven scheduled for Saturday.

Brennan, a 6-foot, 204-pound defenseman who played his first season of major junior hockey with the St. John’s Fog Devils last season, is projected as a second-round pick.

Here is a quote from a different board. You can't say the Sabres are looking forward. You have to be thinking you are drafting these players for 2-3 years down the road.