For those who don't know who Jeremy Jacobs is........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

For those who don't know who Jeremy Jacobs is........

I'm very impressed by his bio. I have a question,does Galisano have sons and daughters? I've always wondered about that.

Yearly rankings of the best employers in the United States, Canada as well as for women, diversity, recent grads and beyond.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: For those who don't know who Jeremy Jacobs

Ask a Bruins fan if they like him as an owner and you might not be so receptive as him as an owner.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Re: For those who don't know who Jeremy Jacobs is........

1 billion while its a hell of alot more then i have. its nothing compared to other nfl owners jacobs would be a poor poor owner. someone should hit up one of the waltons to buy bills anyway this topic needs to die

BILLS ARE IN BUFFALO NOW LETS BE HAPPY BOUT THAT

Comment

• blackonyx89
        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
        • Mar 2005

Re: For those who don't know who Jeremy Jacobs

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        Ask a Bruins fan if they like him as an owner and you might not be so receptive as him as an owner.
        Just buy the franchise. We'll worry about his decision making once he becomes the Bills new owner.
        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

For those who follow Buffalo business.

Whether he's liked or not. Odds are if the Bills went up for sale a group was going to buy the Bills with keeping them in Buffalo as a top priority, Jacobs would most likely be the leading candidate.

He's not the most popular owner in Boston that's for sure, and his philosophy in Buffalo probably wouldn't differ all that much from Wilson's "cash to cap"-- but I suppose I'd rather have that to ***** at then a team that becomes the Toronto, Vegas or San Antonio Bills.

One thing ANY Bills fan should definitely hope for is that Los Angeles is rewarded a franchise BEFORE Wilson dies and the team gets sold.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Jeramy Jacobs is one of the cheapest guys on the planet. If he buys the Bills don't expect for him to leave them in Buffalo.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

It is criminal what Jeremy Jacobs has done to the Bruins. That cheap bastard has bled that team dry, pocketing as much money as he can. He refuses to spend beyond what he has to, including employing the smallest scouting and front office staff in the NHL.

I'm all for him buying the Bills if it means he will divest himself of ownership in the Bruins. Boston used to be a devout hockey town, but that cheap ***** has worn down a loyal fanbase to the point where people just can't care anymore. He is the NHL equivalent of the Bidwell family, with his son Charlie currently presiding over the trainwreck that is the Bruins.

You can have the guy.

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

Alright boys and girls....... i have seen enough. I am a huge Boston Bruins fan. why must i see jacops name on this site. He is the worst. over the last 20 years he has let all star players get away cause he wont pay them. If he gets his hands on the bills we will then have no reason to be fans anymore.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Check out this 2001 article from ESPN's Bill Simmons on how he "broke up with the Bruins" due to the horrible ownership and management of the franchise.

I follow hockey, probably more than most on this board, and Jacobs is the worst owner in the NHL and among the worst in all of sports.

Having said that, I still think he's the best chance for the Bills to stay in Buffalo should Wilson not change his mind and make moves before he dies.

It may come down to do you want a cheap owner that will drive you crazy and watch your best players leave year after year? OR do you want to talk about the Vegas Bills?

To be honest, Jacobs isn't all that different from the moves the Bills have made over the past few years..

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Having said that, I still think he's the best chance for the Bills to stay in Buffalo should Wilson not change his mind and make moves before he dies.
                    Why is it that local ownership is the only way you think someone will keep the Bills in Buffalo? A smart owner could develop some ancillary revenue streams and make the Bills the Green Bay Packers of the East. Believe me, there are guys looking to buy teams who will see that. It may, in the end, have more value to keep them in Buffalo.

When Bob Kraft bought the Patriots they were in worse shape than any team in the NFL. They had a poor stadium situation, a declining fanbase, no talent and were the most likely team to move in the NFL. Today, they are among the most valuable and highest revenue teams in the league. That is because Bob Kraft saw the potential, and was willing to invest in it.

I bet there will be prospective buyers who will see the team as undervalued and will be willing to invest in them right where they are.

After all, wasn't Ralph Wilson from Detriot?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I could be wrong, and I sure as hell hope I am-- because I do agree with what your saying.

But I think its going to take an owner or group with ties to Buffalo to want to keep the Bills in Western New York.

However, I probably go by the crap Wilson has been spewing for the past several years. Maybe (hopefully) an out of town owner will share the vision that say a GB does for generating revenue.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

I am with NE, I don't think it has to be an ownership or owner from this area. I can't see why a rich person buys the team and leaves them in Buffalo.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

It will definitely take an owner with a good vision regardless of where he's from to keep this team here.

I've always wondered why we havnt done more to increase the revenue that is not shared with the league here. Even the smaller things like stadium naming rights.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

To make them stay the new owner would probably want a new stadium (maybe a dome stadium to lure more fans in the winter months) and raise the price of tickets pretty significantly. Could they get a new stadium and would fans be willing to spend much more for tickets? Difference between Buffalo and Boston is Buffalo is a blue collar town and people don't have as much disposable income. People get all pissy when Ralphy raises the prices $2-$3. Imagine a $10-$15 increase to get them close to being in line with the NFL avg. A new owner will want to see a profit and the question is can he do it in Buffalo...I hope so but no one knows for certain.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

I don't think Jacobs purchasing the Bills does anything to increase the chances of them staying.

Comment

Working...
                              X