PDA

View Full Version : Tasker Lends April A Special Teams Hand

justasportsfan
06-25-2007, 10:27 AM
There are very few things that special teams coordinator Bobby April needs to shore up in order to get his special teams unit back on top of the NFL in 2007. In order to help him get back to the pinnacle he has turned to an outside source for some pointers.

Tasker has come in to share with the Bills special teams players some techniques that he utilized to get him to seven Pro Bowls. He has given advice on everything from playing gunner and punt rushing to covering kickoffs. Tasker has been to One Bills Drive a handful of times over the past two years to help out at April's request.

"I sought him out last year and asked him if he wanted to help the players," said April. "It's real beneficial to us, as an organization, to have a guy that's willing to share his expertise like that."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4884

cocamide
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I hope the current players know how great this is and take from it everything they can. Tasker's the best and it's great he's doing this.

mybills
06-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Sweet! :up:

Mitchy moo
06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
ST teaching ST, I like it.

G. Host
06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah Steve Tasker can be a great Special Teams teacher but will never be a coach because he does not want to spend the number of hours coaches need to put in every week.

jamesiscool
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah Steve Tasker can be a great Special Teams teacher but will never be a coach because he does not want to spend the number of hours coaches need to put in every week.

random?

G. Host
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
random?
Nope. People have asked him before about coaching and he said his family is too important to be coaching and having to spend the number of hours to do so.

BADTHINGSMAN
06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Nope. People have asked him before about coaching and he said his family is too important to be coaching and having to spend the number of hours to do so.

Gotta respect that he puts family first though..