PDA

View Full Version : Evans #13

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Lee is ranked #13 by Bucky Brooks in NFL right now. HMMMM.. I think he shoudl be top 10http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/06/25/top.receivers/1.html
13. Lee Evans, Buffalo Bills: After being used primarily as a deep threat during his first two seasons, Evans showed he was capable of being a legitimate No. 1 receiver last season. Featured as the go-to guy in Steve Fairchild's high octane offense, he responded with 82 receptions for over 1,200 yards with eight scores. With six receptions over 40 yards, he and J.P. Losman have become one of the league's best big play combinations.

cocamide
06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Evans will let his play on the field this year show where he should be ranked. Pre season rankings can always be debated.

patmoran2006
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Ranked as in 13th best WR in the league? or as in 13th best player, period?

TigerJ
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Based on his playing experience, Bucky could not be blamed for having difficulty recognizing the top receivers in the game. Ie. it takes one to know one.

Jaybird
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
PRO BOWL YEAR!!!!!!!

Philagape
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Randy Moss' attitude disqualifies him from any list I respect.

patmoran2006
06-25-2007, 03:36 PM
That's bad.

I'd take him ahead of Driver, Javon Walker, Moss, Holt and Owens in a second (that puts him 8th right there)

And maybe I'm actually being a homer with this, but I'd take him before Andre Johnson and Boldin as well (making him 6th)

The ONLY WR's on this list that I think clearly deserve to be ranked higher are Steve Smith, Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison.

I'd have Evans in that next category, even with Reggie Wayne and Roy Williams.

Factor in that Evans is just starting to hit his prime and that may put him ahead of Harrison and Steve Smith, who have shorter a career left.

Put it this way. If I was a GM starting a NFL team right now, only Chad Johnson would definitely go before him at WR. After that, it would be a tough call for me between EVans, Wayne or Roy Williams (dont forget Fitzgerald either)

Michael82
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Based on his playing experience, Bucky could not be blamed for having difficulty recognizing the top receivers in the game. Ie. it takes one to know one.
:rofl: Good point!

Wys Guy
06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Evans will let his play on the field this year show where he should be ranked. Pre season rankings can always be debated.
Agreed. My asessment is that he finishes somewhere around the top 5 by season's end. He is the most underrated WR in the league right now.

Yeah, he is a deep threat, but he also runs precise routs and can catch underneath too and take it the distance or just net big gains. He's a package WR and few of the national level guys seem to see that.

venis2k1
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
funny, I hated the lee evans pick at 13 in the draft, loved the Mcgahee pick at 23. man, im glad i dont have marv's job.

Illmatic15
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
O damn I thought he changed his number, I think he should, 13 would be sick!!

B-DON
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
smith, roy williams,harrisson, chad johnson are the only receivers better than evans. If evans played for manning there would be no argument over who the best receiver in the league is. Fortunately he plays for the BILLS.

dolphan117
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I have a problem with Harrison being that high given his lack of postseason production.

B-DON
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I have a problem with Harrison being that high given his lack of postseason production.

So is Arod not a top 5 player cuz of his post season credentials

venis2k1
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
no, but A-rods a tool.

Pinkerton Security
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Kidding me? I have a problem with him being that LOW. This guy has destroyed NFL defenses. He is the 2nd best receiver EVER, IMHO. His consistency, not to mention hands and everytihng else about him that is top-notch, make him great. I suppose at this stage of his career I'd prefer some over him, but his route running and awareness make him top 3 in the NFL in my book.

arsenal
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
That's bad.

I'd take him ahead of Driver, Javon Walker, Moss, Holt and Owens in a second (that puts him 8th right there)

over Holt in a second? you crazy... Holt should be top 3 on that list... hes so underappreciated its ridiculous... besides his rookie seasons, last year was the FIRST season he had under 1300 yards... guy is incredible...

edit: not trying to take anything away from Evans, this is more of a Torry Holt is amazing post

dolphan117
06-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Kidding me? I have a problem with him being that LOW. This guy has destroyed NFL defenses. He is the 2nd best receiver EVER, IMHO. His consistency, not to mention hands and everytihng else about him that is top-notch, make him great. I suppose at this stage of his career I'd prefer some over him, but his route running and awareness make him top 3 in the NFL in my book.I knew that would stir it up a little but I don't think the 4th best receiver in football should be a guy that absolutely disappears come playoff time. Guess how many career postseason TD's Marvin has? A big fat 0. I don't know that I have ever seen a future HOF player that disappears as much as Harrison come playoff time.