PDA

View Full Version : losman to evans

oldno711
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Tim (Brooklyn, NY): Do you see the Losman/Evans connection being one of the most dangerous in the NFL this coming season?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Williamson: Yes. Evans might be the most underrated WR in the game today and he has superstar written all over him. Losman is improving and I expect that O to be better this season due to improved OL play and another year under Losman's belt. The problem with this hookup is that Buff doesn't have a WR or TE who scares opposing defenses and Evans will surely garner a ton of attention from coverage schemes.

ublinkwescore
06-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Tim (Brooklyn, NY): Do you see the Losman/Evans connection being one of the most dangerous in the NFL this coming season?

<!-- displayed mode -->http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Williamson: Yes. Evans might be the most underrated WR in the game today and he has superstar written all over him. Losman is improving and I expect that O to be better this season due to improved OL play and another year under Losman's belt. The problem with this hookup is that Buff doesn't have a WR or TE who scares opposing defenses and Evans will surely garner a ton of attention from coverage schemes.

Two words buddy - Marshawn Lynch.

cocamide
06-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Having a solid receiving RB will be a nice change of pace. We should see a lot of screens to him.

B-DON
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I think even if we wouldnt have drafted lynch, our O would still be 10 times better this year. I see Losman maturing and making his scrub receivers look better than they are ala Peyton Manning. Of course not to the extent of manning.

ublinkwescore
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
I think you mean Tom Brady - not Peyton Manning - Manning's got good recievers - and they probably just got a little better (after a season or 2) with the addition of Anthony Gonzalez from OSU.

Pinkerton Security
06-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I think you mean Tom Brady - not Peyton Manning - Manning's got good recievers - and they probably just got a little better (after a season or 2) with the addition of Anthony Gonzalez from OSU.

Ya I can see Gonzalez becoming a star, certainly in no small part due to Peyton.

madness
06-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I think even if we wouldnt have drafted lynch, our O would still be 10 times better this year. I see Losman maturing and making his scrub receivers look better than they are ala Peyton Manning. Of course not to the extent of manning.

I agree. I remember reading something like this is only the second time in ten years we've had the same QB and same offense returning for a second year. Continuity plays a big part in a successful offense.

Mitchy moo
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Plan on us scoring early and often.

Oaf
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Now that national media as well as opposing defenses have really discovered this kid, it's going to be near impossible for him to even replicate his 06 performance, unless we get a different recieving threat to step up consistently.
Most of us know, or at least think, that that's improbable, which is unfortunate because this will lead to a down year for Evans unless he can escape the triple teams he'll face.

Meathead
06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
thats what they said last year

evans has shown he can beat the double team consistently enough to get his catches

the price/reed platoon should have plenty of chances to make their plays and i think they will

Ed
06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
thats what they said last year

evans has shown he can beat the double team consistently enough to get his catches

the price/reed platoon should have plenty of chances to make their plays and i think they will
Exactly. Everyone was saying last year that Evans wouldn't be able to put up the big numbers without Moulds on the other side. That he wasn't ready to be a true #1 and didn't have anyone to take any pressure off of him.

Well as it turned out, he didn't really have anyone else taking pressure off him, JP was still coming into his own, our OL was shaky, and our running game was weak, yet Evans still put up the best numbers of his career.

With the same OC, same system, improved QB play, improved OL play, more options in our running game and more experience at WR and TE, there's no reason to believe Evans is all of a sudden going to struggle and get shut down in his fourth year. He's got too much talent.

DraftBoy
06-27-2007, 08:15 AM

two more words, thats comical

Wys Guy
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Expect Evans to break one or more team receiving records this year:

100 recpts. (Moulds)
11 TDs (Brooks)
1,368 yards (Moulds)

TigerJ
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM

While I don't believe our tight ends can be compared to the elite ones around the league, I think they are probably underrated due to the fact they were used primarily as blockers last season to hide the inadequacies on the Bills' offensive line. I suspect we might get better play out of Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed too.

Mahdi
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
KC made it to the playoffs without a #1 receiver. All they had was LJ. We have a great #1 a decent #2 either Price or Reed and a dangerous slot guy in Parrish. On top of that we have a potentially great OL with a great set of RBs who have different strengths. Thats more than enough weapons and I havent even mentionned Losmans big play ability and ability to run at anytime.

G. Host
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Having a solid receiving RB will be a nice change of pace. We should see a lot of screens to him.

In order for screens to be effective QB needs to show he can throw screens effectively. Losman's long ball is top notch but his short ball is Drewish.

mikemac2001
06-27-2007, 08:08 PM
KC made it to the playoffs without a #1 receiver. All they had was LJ. We have a great #1 a decent #2 either Price or Reed and a dangerous slot guy in Parrish. On top of that we have a potentially great OL with a great set of RBs who have different strengths. Thats more than enough weapons and I havent even mentionned Losmans big play ability and ability to run at anytime.

But KC had one of the best Olines in the game...running game controls clock works Defense down..and they had Gonzo at TE which opened up even more. There scheme works but you still need Effective #1 and they didnt even have that great of a D

so they had more then LJ

ublinkwescore
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Now that national media as well as opposing defenses have really discovered this kid, it's going to be near impossible for him to even replicate his 06 performance, unless we get a different recieving threat to step up consistently.
Most of us know, or at least think, that that's improbable, which is unfortunate because this will lead to a down year for Evans unless he can escape the triple teams he'll face.

I'm pretty sure the Bears were well aware of Steve Smith's capabilities 2 years ago in the playoffs - and they still couldn't stop him.

Some recievers no matter what are just gonna get their receptions and yards.

Lee could very well be one of those.