X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Sabres' silence deafening

The Sabres are playing Russian roulette with their top two assets.

And they could lose out, big time.

With unrestricted free agency beginning in one week, the Sabres have yet to hold any serious contract discussions with centres Daniel Briere and Chris Drury.

The general impression is Buffalo GM Darcy Regier is dragging his feet with Briere and Drury.

He hasn't shown representatives for either of the club's top two players any willingness to make an offer.

Surely, the Sabres are going to make an effort this week to keep either Drury or Briere.

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Re: Sabres' silence deafening

the press has no right to know and the Sabres don't have to tell them anything!

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I am sure it is a very sensitive issue since the Sabres are probably trying to trade players under contract like Connolly, Kotalik, Spacek, etc. to free up cap space and see how much room they have to work with but I am sure other teams are trying to wait out the Sabres to make them lower their asking price which probably will lower as they get closer to FA.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          yup....me too....

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

I told you a long time ago, Regier is blowing smoke up everyone's asses. He has no intention on putting up enough money to keep either one. Just look at his past dealings. His reluctance to take a chance once in awhile will cost this team from ever getting to the next level. Say what you want about Muckler but at least he was never hesitant about bringing in players that could make a difference. Regier is like a little ****ing ***** when comes to that. Both Briere and Drury will be snapped up by day two of free agency, just like it happened with our FA's last year. Meanwhile Regier will give us a bunch of lip service about fiscal responsibilities to the club and how he wanted to see what the market was for them before he tried to sign them.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

well, if neither are resigned, the sabres bandwagon will give way to one bills drive this season.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                well, if neither are resigned, the sabres bandwagon will give way to one bills drive this season.
                good point.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

tick...tick...tick

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X