PDA

View Full Version : Watch this (on Donavan Darius)

X-Era
06-26-2007, 04:22 PM
If we go ahead and sign him, watch the stupid media spin it that its a great signing and boosts our secondary after we lost Nate.

What the two have to do with each other I will never know. Why we need another S when we have Whitner and Simpson I also will never know. I like the thought of signing him for insurance and to add better depth, but it in no way replaces Nate, and really isnt a necessary signing.

I know that the S spots are more critical than CB's in the Tampa 2, but this now means we drafted Wendling, moved Wilson, and still are looking for another S and a vet at that. What does that say about how we feel about Simpson and Whitner.

I just wonder if the Bills feel Whitner or Simpson could move to CB??????

Simpson I could see but Whitner doesnt make sense.

MTBillsFan
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Please no more Danahoe signings of past their prime players...Also, we have plenty of safeties on our roster. Why not go after someone who can stop the run at the point of attack.

STAMPY
06-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i like darius. he hits hard!

Scumbag College
06-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I was reading the post by jp-era, but then i saw his signature and I'm in love.

Elminster
06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
What's the hubbub about? Veteran depth is a bad thing?

Confused
06-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Whittner could play CB better than Simpson. Sorry to argue but thats what i think. H's only slightly slower than Nate so he wont get bullied like Mcgee did with bigger taller guys like Roy Williams and he's alot stronger than Nate is too. His coverage skills are on par with most no2. corners and this guy seems to have great potential to improve. Darius could be a good addition in this senario because he would be a great mentor to Simpson and Wendling. With two guys like them, even if Darius has durability issuses we got great depth.

patmoran2006
06-26-2007, 08:39 PM
If we go ahead and sign him, watch the stupid media spin it that its a great signing and boosts our secondary after we lost Nate.

What the two have to do with each other I will never know. Why we need another S when we have Whitner and Simpson I also will never know. I like the thought of signing him for insurance and to add better depth, but it in no way replaces Nate, and really isnt a necessary signing.

I know that the S spots are more critical than CB's in the Tampa 2, but this now means we drafted Wendling, moved Wilson, and still are looking for another S and a vet at that. What does that say about how we feel about Simpson and Whitner.

ACtually Whitner moving to corner would very well make sense. Many scouts said he could play CB coming out of Ohio State-- so that would hardly be a surprise.

Simpson, albiet a rookie, struggled badly at times in coverage last year. He has a ton of ability and made a couple of big plays- but he seemed very "raw" to me last year (and this is coming from somenoe who's a fan of his)

It could very well be that they may be interested in Darius to move Whitner over to FS and use Simpson as a backup- a guy who can play the dime defense, special teams and give them depth behind the starters.

Before you say it doesnt make any sense-- it doesnt make any sense either that the talk is POZ is going t0 play the weakside and DiGorigio the middle with Ellison being the odd man out (of the starting mix)

ParanoidAndroid
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
jp-era......who's the jailbait in your sig? Didn't hammer have her in a sig a while back....a different picture though?

Oaklandraider
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont want to sound negtive here but i dont think donivan is going to sign with the bills or raiders. the panthers will sign him becuse they've got no one next to minter.

Wys Guy
06-27-2007, 08:17 AM

Do you ever simply wonder whether Levy & Co. even know what the helll they're doing?

DraftBoy
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
ACtually Whitner moving to corner would very well make sense. Many scouts said he could play CB coming out of Ohio State-- so that would hardly be a surprise.

Simpson, albiet a rookie, struggled badly at times in coverage last year. He has a ton of ability and made a couple of big plays- but he seemed very "raw" to me last year (and this is coming from somenoe who's a fan of his)

It could very well be that they may be interested in Darius to move Whitner over to FS and use Simpson as a backup- a guy who can play the dime defense, special teams and give them depth behind the starters.

Before you say it doesnt make any sense-- it doesnt make any sense either that the talk is POZ is going t0 play the weakside and DiGorigio the middle with Ellison being the odd man out (of the starting mix)

Im with your post till this point, why do you bench potentially your best safety and not move Whitner to a need posistion. What good does this do the team?

patmoran2006
06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
1- I like Simpson but he has A LOT to learn.

2- I'd be with moving Whitner to corner if we acquired Darius- though it would create a real log jam there, while not boosting the safety spot.. I'd rather have Darius starting over Simpson at THIS POINT but not Whitner.

DraftBoy
06-27-2007, 08:41 AM
1- I like Simpson but he has A LOT to learn.

2- I'd be with moving Whitner to corner if we acquired Darius- though it would create a real log jam there, while not boosting the safety spot.. I'd rather have Darius starting over Simpson at THIS POINT but not Whitner.

What log jam at CB, you mean the log jam of crappy depth players? Id rather have that, then be sitting one of our two best DB's.

X-Era
06-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Do you ever simply wonder whether Levy & Co. even know what the helll they're doing?

Do I wonder if Levy and Co. kown what they are doing, sure. Is it smart for me to think they dont? no.

Why? Because any single one of them has more football knowledge in their pinky toe than any of us will ever have.

Why is it the wisest of wise guys are always in the stands rather than on the sidelines.

madness
06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Moving Whitner or Simpson to CB would be seriously counterproductive.

Dairus would make Whitner and Simpson even better and help hasten their progress even if Darius starts. Whitner @ FS and Dairus @ SS would be an intimidating force and would seriously upgrade our run support from the secondary.

McGee-Whitner-Darius-Webster would be a nice improvement over McGee-Simpson-Whitner-Thomas/Yobouty.

patmoran2006
06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Moving Whitner or Simpson to CB would be seriously counterproductive.

Dairus would make Whitner and Simpson even better and help hasten their progress even if Darius starts. Whitner @ FS and Dairus @ SS would be an intimidating force and would seriously upgrade our run support from the secondary.

McGee-Whitner-Darius-Webster would be a nice improvement over McGee-Simpson-Whitner-Thomas/Yobouty.
Agreed.. Simpson still has some learning to do.

WHitner and Darius would be fierce against the run

ParanoidAndroid
06-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Do I wonder if Levy and Co. kown what they are doing, sure. Is it smart for me to think they dont? no.

Why? Because any single one of them has more football knowledge in their pinky toe than any of us will ever have.

Why is it the wisest of wise guys are always in the stands rather than on the sidelines.

Ouch