PDA

View Full Version : Sabres about to make substantial offers to Drury and Briere

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Take it for what it is worth, but Channel 2 is reporting this along with Garth from Hockeybuzz.com that they will both receive offers on Thursday. At least it is something being said.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8231

Bill Brasky
06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
well, a start is a start.

i think it's far too late, however.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
well, a start is a start.

i think it's far too late, however.

I wonder if they have been trying to clear some space before the offers. I would have to assume they will need to clear some room for an offer.

YardRat
06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
God, I hope we keep Drury.

camelcowboy
06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
i read it on hockeybuzz. it was on channel 2 as well? If thats the case im real optimistic maybe too late though

clumping platelets
06-26-2007, 10:24 PM
:movie:

Ebenezer
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I will bet that one goes and then DR picks up the phone and signs the other to a very large contract.

Michael82
06-27-2007, 12:56 AM
I will bet that one goes and then DR picks up the phone and signs the other to a very large contract.
:pray:

Carlton Bailey
06-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Chris Drury is my hero, as lame as that sounds for a guy of my age (19). He must return.

don137
06-27-2007, 07:29 AM
I worry that as FA gets closer Drury may just wait and test the waters and see what he can get using the Sabres offer as a baseline. If Darcy got the job done earlier that would not of been an issue. At this junction I will be shocked if Drury is in a Sabres uniform next year.
Briere on the other hand I feel will re-sign.

DraftBoy
06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
With the rumors flying that there may be offers of 8 million a year for these guys, I wonder what substantial means.

On a segment on The Score with Greg Sansone, Globe Sports writer Eric Duhatschek reported that he has heard that there are NHL teams prepared to offer up to 8 to 8.5 million dollars per season for the top free agents (Briere, Drury, Gomez) on the market. Significantly more than the 6 to 6.5 million dollars which had been hypothesized.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2007, 08:38 AM
I worry that as FA gets closer Drury may just wait and test the waters and see what he can get using the Sabres offer as a baseline. If Darcy got the job done earlier that would not of been an issue. At this junction I will be shocked if Drury is in a Sabres uniform next year.

Yeah. TGOJK has a point when he says they might have been trying to clear cap space, but at this stage in the game I think it's more than likely both will test FA. :ill:

I think our best shot at keeping either of them will be with Briere, but who knows.

carybillsfan
06-27-2007, 08:41 AM

If drury wants every last penny, let him pack his **** up and get out. If it's a reasonable offer he should take it. I'm sorry to say it but neither of these guys are worth the $8.5M max individual salary. To me you need to be able to take a game over to get that kind of money...only elite players like Ovechkin, Crosby, Jagr, etc. deserve that kind of money. Briere, Drury and Gomez are in the next tier $6-7M, great players but the system has to fit their style for them to be productive.