PDA

View Full Version : Clayton mentions Buffalo as possible Tank destination

patmoran2006
06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
So I'm watching NFL Live last night on ESPN and John Clayton is on at the top of the show. THe topic was where Tank Johnson may end up landing and Clayton cited two teams among the generalizations; New Orleans, and Buffalo.

He talked about of course how he's suspended for 8 games this season, and the usual "troubled" stuff.

He also talked about how "talented" he is. And talked about how his strengh is tying up the center and/or guard, preventing him from getting to the next level of defense to block. (which by the way, sure as hell was never the case when FLetcher was the MLB)

id be shocked if we ended up signing him. But if we lose Walker on August 5th and McCargo doesnt look good during the first half of the season, it would become a lot less surprising.

DraftBoy
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
I dont think he'll sign till around week 4 unless some team just gets a huge injury prior.

bigbub2352
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I would not mind at all if we picked up Tank in week 4, but the Bills will not make a move until they see what pans out with Walker and Mcargo, i am hopin we trade the rights of Walker and our 3rd for Briggs

patmoran2006
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Briggs to Buffalo aint ever going to happen.

For starters, Chicago (as much as I'd like and expressed yesterday) wont trade for D. Walker. They'll just wait for Buffalo to not sign him.

Secondly, even if they did- it would take more than a 3rd and Walker for Briggs. If Chicago was intent on getting rid of Briggs, he woulda been dealt draft day.

Third, it doesnt matter if Chicago offered us Briggs for a water bottle. Wilson aint going to go that far over his bull**** "cash to cap" policy to sign him anyway.

HHURRICANE
06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Just in time for the playoffs!

bigbub2352
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
i am just being optimistic and hopeful that we would make headlines before the TC startts, and give the fans some more reasons to be excited for the 07 season, Marv get it done

Ickybaluky
06-27-2007, 08:57 AM
BTW, Johnson's suspension doesn't start until he signs with a team. He will have to sit out 8 games after signing. So, if he signs after week 4 he won't be available until after week 12.

That assumes he won't face further discipline from the NFL. If his blood tests come back and show he will face DUI charges, his suspension will probably be extended. I would guess he would try to work something out with the league where he sits out the entire season but will get credit for missing that time and won't face any suspension next year.

That said, he is a good fit in the Bills defense because of his size, mobility, strength and experience playing in that system in Chicago. He is very athletic for a big guy, running a 4.72 at the combine with a 34 inch vertical and 31 bench reps at 302 pounds. Those are pretty sick numbers for a big man.

Wys Guy
06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
If we sign Johnson then Marv's "character" mantra has no teeth. Then again we did sign, even if only temporarily, a couple of real character winners as UFAs.

For once, if we're going to sign a guy with character issues, then let's at least get some significant performance for him. Seems like Marv wants to have his cake and eat it too here. Can't sign any "do some damage on the field" kinda character guys b/c the league would then know that Marv's FoS. But hell, we can sign all the mediocre and depth character players that we want to apparently w/o notice.

Time for Marv to go back to writing where he can't do any damage.

eyedog
06-27-2007, 09:13 AM
No way the Bills sign Tank.

casdhf
06-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Time for Marv to go back to writing where he can't do any damage.

I think you should heed your own advice here, Mark.

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I think it's more than obvious we could use him talent wise, he'd be a huge upgrade... I also think it's fairly obvious that this team doesn't want the headaches involved. I'd be pretty shocked if we signed him.

venis2k1
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Yea, and we could of had randy moss for a 4th rounder, Tank is not a guy i want in buffalo.

eyedog
06-27-2007, 11:36 AM
You actually think Moss would have came to Buffalo ?

Bling
06-27-2007, 11:56 AM
So much for the high character guy BS. :sailor:

Saratoga Slim
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
So much for the high character guy BS. :sailor:

We ain't signed him yet.

HAMMER
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Why is this even being debated? There is no way the Bills bring this guy in for even a Ham sandwich. It goes against everything Marv and Jauron believe and preach. Not to mention the fact that under Goodell's new disciplinary action rules the team can now be held liable for a players actions, on or off the field. You guys haven't been paying attention if you think Marv would even consider Tank.

Goobylal
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
More idle and baseless speculation by pencil-neck Clayton. :rolleyes: