PDA

View Full Version : Who wuld you sign

carybillsfan
06-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok your the GM and every NHL Player is Available I want to know the TOP 5 Guys you would sign to the max salray in the NHL: $8.5M.

Here's my top 10:

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Lecavalier
4. Heatley
5. Pronger
6. Lidstrom
7. Jagr (not long term though)
8. Luongo
9. Thornton
10. Iginla
11. Giguere

Briere and Drury would probably fall somewhere in 12-25 range.

carybillsfan
06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Sorry for the bad spelling haven't had my coffee yet.

User Manuel
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
The top salary is expected to rise to 9.7m this year.

For 8.5 plus i'd take
1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Lecavalier
5. Pronger
8. Luongo
9. Thornton
10. Iginla

They are all legitimate game changing stars. This is something we don't have.

carybillsfan
06-27-2007, 10:28 AM
They are all legitimate game changing stars. This is something we don't have.

That is exactly my point, Danny and Chris want to get paid like this but they don't belong in the same class. I'd rather sign Ryan Smyth for $8M than Drury or Briere. I've watched the last 2 seasons waiting for Briere or Drury to step up and take over a game in the playoffs...they haven't. Hell last year all they had to step up for was 20min, and I believe niether of them registered a shot in the 3rd period of the ECF.

User Manuel
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
That is exactly my point, Danny and Chris want to get paid like this but they don't belong in the same class. I'd rather sign Ryan Smyth for $8M than Drury or Briere. I've watched the last 2 seasons waiting for Briere or Drury to step up and take over a game in the playoffs...they haven't. Hell last year all they had to step up for was 20min, and I believe niether of them registered a shot in the 3rd period of the ECF.

Can't argue that logic at all.

My fear, as it is, is that if we pay Drury 7m plus we wont be getting 7,+ in production from him... it is kind of strange situation. Drury is that player you add too a championship team to put them over the top, he can't carry them. For 7+ he needs to carry us for that dough.

On the other hand, if we lose him then we need to replace what we lost which probably isnt possible either.

Basically, we are somewhat screwed either way unless Regier brings in another big time talent.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't know, I can't see anyone worth 8.5 million, but if I had to pay it:

1. Crosby
2. Luongo
3. Phaneuf (maybe not yet)

tampabay25690
06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
THIS IS EASY...

Lecavlier.....

Why he has size speed OFFENSE and DEFENSE.........AFTER that Crosby....But thats my choice......

tampabay25690
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok your the GM and every NHL Player is Available I want to know the TOP 5 Guys you would sign to the max salray in the NHL: $8.5M.

Here's my top 10:

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Lecavalier
4. Heatley
5. Pronger
6. Lidstrom
7. Jagr (not long term though)
8. Luongo
9. Thornton
10. Iginla
11. Giguere

So when the playoffs come CROSBY is gonna play DEFENSE right.........
Briere and Drury would probably fall somewhere in 12-25 range.

carybillsfan
06-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey Lemiuex and Gretzky didn't play defense, they both have some rings. The problem with Pit is they need to find a good 2 way winger to play with Crosby and Malkin...once they do watch out.

don137
06-27-2007, 07:26 PM

I not trying to be a wise ass. Did either one of them say they wanted to be paid over 8MM a season?

tampabay25690
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey Lemiuex and Gretzky didn't play defense, they both have some rings. The problem with Pit is they need to find a good 2 way winger to play with Crosby and Malkin...once they do watch out.

Well then you should know hockey is differnt now then when they played HUH.....

tampabay25690
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM

The only problem with that is by that time $$$$$$$$$$...CAP............

Carlton Bailey
06-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Crosby, Luongo and Pronger.

carybillsfan
06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Well then you should know hockey is differnt now then when they played HUH.....

Hockey was different, before the lockout, the only difference now is that the average player is better, and the goalies have huge equipment.

carybillsfan
06-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I not trying to be a wise ass. Did either one of them say they wanted to be paid over 8MM a season?

They didn't but if they hit the open market, teams will shell out $8M.

Sabresbills1
06-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Crsoby, Broduer and Lidstrom