X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bills QB Corps Solid Despite Being Green

In the NFL experience is a very significant asset. Often times it's directly related to more consistent and mistake-free play. At no position is that more noticeable in football than at quarterback.

The transformation and maturation of J.P. Losman as an NFL signal caller was an example of experience making a player better. As the year wore on Losman made quicker and more effective decisions, and much of that improvement could be directly correlated to the time he spent on the field.

Losman went from a passer rating of 64.9 in 2005 to 84.9 in 2006 along with a host of other improvements including completion percentage and touchdown to interception ratio. Time on the field proved to be the biggest aid to his development.

When it comes to experience at the quarterback position across the league however, Buffalo's stable of signal callers still looks very green. In fact the Bills are tied with the Minnesota Vikings for the lowest average years of experience in the NFL at quarterback at 2.5 years. Cleveland (2.75 years) and Denver (3 years) are the next two most inexperienced teams at the position.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills QB Corps Solid Despite Being Green

i guess you could also say the dolphins qb corps is green despite being solid
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Pursuing Tank not likely
      Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:48 PM ET | Link

PURSUING TANK NOT LIKELY: Despite ESPN reporter John Clayton's speculation about the Bills pursuing recently released Bears DT Tank Johnson, I see it very unlikely that Buffalo would consider making him any kind of contract offer. Everything the Bills have done in terms of personnel decisions under head coach Dick Jauron and GM Marv Levy runs counter to what Johnson represents as a person.

Some of the first personnel moves by Jauron and Levy were to remove those players that compromised locker room chemistry when they arrived last year. I'm not saying Johnson is a bad person because I don't know him, but his off the field history goes against everything Jauron and Levy covet in a player.

Not to mention that his eight-game suspension wouldn't begin until a team signed him, and he could potentially face a longer suspension after his most recent transgression. In addition it's unclear, but possible that a team that does sign him could face a penalty handed down by the commissioner if he commits any other illegal acts while on their roster.

I just don't see anything happening with Tank Johnson and the Bills.

---
      sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Training camp countdown
        Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:25 PM ET | Link

20 QUESTIONS UNTIL CAMP: With training camp a month away Buffalobills.com will begin its annual 20 questions series leading up to report day for the players at St. John Fisher. Beginning Thursday, we'll begin to closely examine 20 of the most pressing questions facing the team in a daily series (Monday thru Friday) as the Bills begin final preparations for the 2007 campaign. Hopefully you find the input we've gathered from the players and coaches on these important subjects helpful in providing a glimpse of how things might pan out with some areas of the team that are still unknown entering training camp.

---

sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

ESPN Monday night crew already prepping
          Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:49 AM ET | Link

ESPN MNF CREW ALREADY PREPPING: ESPN has sent eight production team members from their Monday night football operation to survey Ralph Wilson stadium today, get a lay of the land and determine logistics for their very large Monday night football experience. For those that don't know, ESPN radio, Monday Night Countdown etc. all broadcast live on location in the city where that week's Monday night game is being played. They make it an all day event. There are also ESPN tailgating attractions and such although I'm not privy to any details. Suffice to say it sounds like it's going to be an exciting night at One Bills Drive!
          sacrifice1

Comment

• North_Coast
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Meathead
            i guess you could also say the dolphins qb corps is green despite being solid
            I don't know about the "solid" part.
            The Bills have only had 17 playoff years and 19 winning seasons in 47 years. 9 of those playoff years and 10 of those winning seasons -- and the 4 Super Bowl appearances -- came in the 15 years when Bill Polian and John Butler were Bills GMs ... and Ralph Wilson fired them both.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by North_Coast
              I don't know about the "solid" part.
              Funny you should mention that. I just finished reading what Taylor said about Green.

Dolphins' Trent Green OK with Jason Taylor's comments, but wife a little upset

Quarterback Trent Green, speaking on The Dan Patrick Show on 760 (WEFL-AM) Wednesday, said Jason Taylor's comments in a recent Sports Illustrated story upset his wife.

"She was more upset than I was," Green said of his wife, Julie, "so I told her, over the course of an interview that could go a few hours, things are pieced together, you get caught up in the emotion or your adrenaline gets going and you're talking about a topic ... I defended Jason a little bit because this was done before I was traded, so maybe he felt compelled to defend Daunte [Culpepper] or the situation the Dolphins were in, so a lot of different scenarios play into it."

SI quoted Taylor saying about Green: "He better not get hit. One more hit, and he could be scrambled eggs." The reference was to Green's concussion last season that kept him sidelined eight weeks. He said Taylor called him before the article was published.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

All the queens horses and all the queens men will not be able to put Green together again.
                sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                X