PDA

View Full Version : JP thread, yeah Im starting it!

X-Era
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I try to keep reserved with the JP stuff but this article has me saying DUHHH and it simply must be stated.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4887

My favorite line here is this:

"Losman went from a passer rating of 64.9 in 2005 to 84.9 in 2006 along with a host of other improvements including completion percentage and touchdown to interception ratio. Time on the field proved to be the biggest aid to his development."

DUHHHH!!!

Thats the entire concept in one sentence to sum up what many of us were saying over and over and over last year. He IS a better QB because he played! You cant learn it from a clipboard, you cant learn it by watching, when you participate your learn. I regret that we didnt know and use this lesson much much earlier in the decade on someone else but we didnt, now we are, and we will benefit.

The stats may show one side or the other, TackDumm himself will admit that you can use stats to make your point at will, but the observation rings perfectly clear and its true to all but the deepest JP haters, the guy got better...period.

Hes not there yet. He still needs to take it the next step and take the team to repeatable wins against the leagues best to be "all we need", but I have NO reason to believe that wont happen. Hes headed upward overall since being handed the reigns. Its not about this game or that game but a plot of his results over a long span. That plot shows an upward trend and we have no reason to think he wont continue it at this point. Let me further state that he has no TANGIBLE reason to believe he will trend downward or even plateau. He's on a positive role which includes comments about how he looks even more comfortable since last year.

Were headed in the right direction here and in a way this article just proves my comment about how the media is about a year behind. They tend to state what is obvious to most.

TigerJ
06-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I think the coaching staff, including Schonert and Fairchild, deserves all kinds of kudos for their sure handling of Losman. Another year like 2005, when the Mularkey staff screwed him over, could have destroyed his career. Now it looks like he could be a top ten QB for the better part of the next decade. Losman deserves credit too. He always had the physical gifts, though his college prep was a lot poorer than many QBs get. He had to decide he wanted to succeed and would do whatever it takes to do so. He's made that decision and is now putting in the work to make it happen. It's gratifying to see after his first couple years in the league.

Yasgur's Farm
06-28-2007, 06:11 AM
In 2006 JP finished in the top 12 in every stat that is not contingent upon playing all 16 games... Passer rating, completion %, TD % per attempt, INT % per attempt, yards per attempt, yards per completion.

This is very impressive because it takes into account all QB's... such as Donovan McNabb (who had his season shortened by injury).

YardRat
06-28-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm waiting to see how he plays the first four or five games of the season.

mybills
06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
I try to keep reserved with the JP stuff but this article has me saying DUHHH and it simply must be stated.
Shows how long it's been since I've read one of your posts. Last thing I saw from you about JP wasn't pretty at all. It confused the hell outta me cuz of your user name. :scratch:

bigbub2352
06-28-2007, 08:16 AM
JP early in his career was a victim of bad coaching, MM handled the situation completely wrong, and did not give JP the right amount of time on the feild, he does everything right in the offseason, and is very well spoken to the media, if he continues to progress he has all the attributes to be a top 5 QB, and the arm strength to make all the throws in the bad weather, i think he is our next franchise QB, GoBills!!!!

The last buffalo fan
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm waiting to see how he plays the first four or five games of the season.

I'm not saying that we will, but those games are clearly the key for our playoff's hopes, and of course, to see where our season and future will be headed, with this young and promising team. :dance: Go Bills!!!!

TedMock
06-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm not saying that we will, but those games are clearly the key for our playoff's hopes, and of course, to see where our season and future will be headed, with this young and promising team. :dance: Go Bills!!!!

I agree. On the surface, the first month of the season seems to be our toughest overall stretch.

X-Era
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Shows how long it's been since I've read one of your posts. Last thing I saw from you about JP wasn't pretty at all. It confused the hell outta me cuz of your user name. :scratch:

Im gonna have to see that post, I think Ive been pretty even minded on him. I think I remember being critcal before the bye week when he played bad.

I think you may have caught a neg one out of dozens of pos ones.

HHURRICANE
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
JP and the Offense are the least of my worries. I think they will be very exciting this year.

Matter-of-fact I think they will be good enough for us to wish we had invested more time and money on the Defense.

SABURZFAN
06-30-2007, 12:53 AM
:popcorn:

bigpete71
06-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Guys,
eyes on the field report JP is slingging the ball up and down the field. Rossco and Lee catch everthing.
the oline is the biggest EVER.
The defense is the for real.

seriously just reporting it form mini camp.

mybills
06-30-2007, 05:12 AM
:up:

X-Era
06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
JP and the Offense are the least of my worries. I think they will be very exciting this year.

Matter-of-fact I think they will be good enough for us to wish we had invested more time and money on the Defense.

I have to agree, CB is gonna hurt us this year. Ims till praying for Oliver or Asante Samuel somehow.