PDA

View Full Version : Offer made to Briere, Talks ongoing with Drury

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
The countdown continues towards the start of NHL free agency on Sunday, and a source tells Channel 2's Adam Benigni that the Sabres did make an offer to Co-Captain Daniel Briere Wednesday. There is no indication that Briere is close to signing. The Sabres aren't commenting on negotiations.

Channel 2 has also learned that negotiations are ongoing with Co-Captain Chris Drury as well. It remains unclear where things stand. Drury's agent, Mark Witkin declined comment.http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49197

camelcowboy
06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
channel 2 has been striking out lately hope their right this tiem.

RockStar36
06-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they signed one or both before July 1st. After this past season, I don't rule anything out that the Sabres are doing as the time ticks down.

clumping platelets
06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
:movie:

Carlton Bailey
06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Prediction: Both re-sign in a joint press conference. These guys want a Stanley Cup, and right now there is unfinished business.

"Everybody's saying we're both leaving...why can't we both come back?" -Chris Drury, as told to Pierre McGuire back in late May AFTER the Ottawa series.

tampabay25690
06-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they signed one or both before July 1st. After this past season, I don't rule anything out that the Sabres are doing as the time ticks down.

I really think Drury is going to be gone now. I think his mind is made up to move out on the west coast....Briere will probably stay a Sabre

Ebenezer
06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
According to Ch. 4 tonight at 10PM Briere has NOT even been contacted by the Sabres.

Carlton Bailey
06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I really think Drury is going to be gone now. I think his mind is made up to move out on the west coast....Briere will probably stay a Sabre

Other than pure speculation from the media that led to even more media speculating, what makes you believe Drury "wants" to go out West? Nobody knows what he's thinking except he, his family and the organization. And don't you think if Drury wanted to leave, he and the Sabres wouldn't be having "ongoing negotiations"? If Drury wanted out, he'd tell the Sabres, "Don't bother, guys. I am definitely testing the market, and you cannot change my mind."

Both are coming back, and it's going to be one hell of a day when it happens, whether that's tomorrow or some other time before July 1.

Ebenezer
06-28-2007, 01:37 AM
...the higher you get your hopes up the bigger the let down...

Carlton Bailey
06-28-2007, 01:41 AM
...the higher you get your hopes up the bigger the let down...

There won't be a letdown.

carybillsfan
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I must say one thingt about these negotiations that are now ongoing. I applaud both the sabres and the players camps for keeping it out of media, probably why there are so many conflicting reports. Nothing annoys me more than agents and players who make offers public to try and make an organization look bad. Maybe some other leagues should learn from this...cough,cough...NFL...cough

carybillsfan
06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Prediction: Both re-sign in a joint press conference. These guys want a Stanley Cup, and right now there is unfinished business.

"Everybody's saying we're both leaving...why can't we both come back?" -Chris Drury, as told to Pierre McGuire back in late May AFTER the Ottawa series.

I agree.