PDA

View Full Version : #20: Can McGee Be An Anchor In The Secondary?

justasportsfan
06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
No one is happier to be leaving the 2006 season behind him than Terrence McGee. After an off the field dispute with a former agent wound up in the courts and proved to be a distraction when it came to his on field performance last year, the Bills' starting left cornerback is only too happy to look ahead to 2007.

"I'm really looking forward to coming out and having a good season," McGee told Buffalobills.com. "I want to leave the beginning of last year in the past. This gives me a chance to start over and have a better season than last year."

But in addition to getting his own game right for September, McGee also faces new leadership responsibilities in the secondary. Kiwaukee Thomas and free agent signee Jason Webster may have the most NFL experience in the group, but with the free agent departure of Nate Clements, McGee is the longest tenured member in Buffalo's defensive backfield.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4889

DraftBoy
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I dont trust him at all, he wasnt as good as fans made him out to be two years ago and he got smoked more than a bong in a freshman dorm last year.

THATHURMANATOR
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Agreed. Great as a returner. Average CB. He does have some big play ability but isnt consistant.

justasportsfan
06-28-2007, 03:08 PM
It's up to the DL to get to the qb quickly because I won't expect much of coverage sacks

THATHURMANATOR
06-28-2007, 03:18 PM
We need to get Walker in the fold.

venis2k1
06-28-2007, 04:36 PM
The problem with Mcgee, in my opinion, is this system. The strenths of his game are his ability to change direction, and his short area quickness. These are things that make him a great kick returner, and a pretty good corner in Jerry Gray's defense. In Grays scheme, corners were often left one on one with a WR, this played to Mcgees natural talents. But in the Cover 2, the cornerbacks usually cover the area out in the flat, within 10 yards of the LOS. Mcgee is not an ideal DB to play a zone defense. But thats just my opinion.

mikemac2001
06-28-2007, 09:44 PM
The problem with Mcgee, in my opinion, is this system. The strenths of his game are his ability to change direction, and his short area quickness. These are things that make him a great kick returner, and a pretty good corner in Jerry Gray's defense. In Grays scheme, corners were often left one on one with a WR, this played to Mcgees natural talents. But in the Cover 2, the cornerbacks usually cover the area out in the flat, within 10 yards of the LOS. Mcgee is not an ideal DB to play a zone defense. But thats just my opinion.

I see what your saying but i also feel mcgee could actually do very well in a zone with his quick reactions he can jump on alot of passes that come in his zone. i think the problem last year was learning the techniques of the zone instead of the techniques of just man

mybills
06-29-2007, 06:17 AM
he wasnt as good as fans made him out to be two years ago

:rofl: Were you smoking that bong two years ago?