• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Forked Thread: Briere does reject offer - Drury "serious talks" with agent

Forked from: Briere rejects offer???

Originally posted by camelcowboy
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212162&hubname= 5yr-25 with 3 days left till teams will be throwing 8 mil at him. I don't blame briere for turning it down, but who knows if its completely accurate.

Buffalo Sabres co-captain Daniel Briere has rejected a long-term contract offer made by the team late Wednesday, a source told TFP.

The offer is believed to be betwen four- and six-years in length and more than $5.25 million, per season.

In 81 games for the Sabres last season, Briere scored 32 goals and added 63 assists for 95 points. It's now believed that Briere will test the market this Sunday and speculation suggests he could command upwards of $7 million, annually.

A call made to Briere's agent, Pat Brisson, was not immediately returned.

Meanwhile, the Sabres appear to have shifted their focus on co-captain Chris Drury. The Sabres are in "serious negotiations" with Drury's agent, Mark Witkin, a source told TFP, and a long-term offer is expected.

• Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Briere does reject offer - Drury "serious talks" with agent

5.2 million a year?

i wonder what they have in mind for drury. i say this because if they offer something substantially higher to drury, briere is gone. and he'd probably see it as a big slap in the face. i wouldn't blame him, honestly.

if they offer something similar in price, i don't see drury resigning at all. they'll both go to FA...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
      5.2 million a year?

i wonder what they have in mind for drury. i say this because if they offer something substantially higher to drury, briere is gone. and he'd probably see it as a big slap in the face. i wouldn't blame him, honestly.

if they offer something similar in price, i don't see drury resigning at all. they'll both go to FA...
      There's no way to win huh?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

maybe they made similar offers to each of them in the hopes of signing both and with Briere's rejection, they will increase the offer to Drury to retain him and look for someone else. I would think Drury was the focus all along and they were hoping that both would sign somewhat low to keep the team intact.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Screw Briere....Open up the vault for Drury.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            There's no way to win huh?
            i didn't say that...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
              i didn't say that...
              I know you didn't, but it's pretty much the case... Anyway we go about offering them, somebody's gonna get pissed and be less likely to sign.

We either sign both and wrap up a ton of money in 2 guys... Sign one or the other and people will be pissed on whichever one got away... Sign neither and have everybody pissed! How do you win?

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                • Sep 2002

Chernobylwraiths has it right...to my way of thinking.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

I hope he goes on to somewhere else and plays like crap. Just like Peca.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

i will miss Danny, but if Drury leaves, i will be ing pissed off beyond belief.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

chris stays danny goes sign a physical defensemen or two and the stafford-paille-mcarther era officially starts
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by shelby
                        i will miss Danny, but if Drury leaves, i will be ing pissed off beyond belief.
                        but what if chris say went to tampa....... although that would most likely never happen... at least then you could see him and still want to bear his chitlins

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                        X