PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Positional Previews: MLB

YardRat
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/story/2007/6/28/917/62259

Ask any NFL expert about the state of the Bills' linebacking corps, and you'll inevitably hear some version of the following question: "How do they replace London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes?" It's true that the two veterans provided a level of leadership that is no longer apparent on the Bills' defense. They were both hard workers and fan favorites, and it's likely that their absence on the roster will have an impact for a while. But a close analysis of what the Bills expect from their linebackers and their current personnel says one thing: Buffalo's linebackers are looking good.

In terms of pure talent, Buffalo has upgraded the inside linebacker position by swapping Fletcher for Posluszny. But like most other positions on the Bills' defense, this position is green. Posluszny has a lot on his plate - it's not often that rookie linebackers have as much responsibility as Poz does with this team. Time will tell if he's up to the challenge, but this is fact: it can't get much worse than last year.

Pinkerton Security
06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/story/2007/6/28/917/62259

I read each one of his reports so far, and he seems to have things in perspective pretty well. One part that got me, from the MLB part, was that he talked about how we needed to get our MLB's some experience, then at the end talked about how a couple of rooks have a long shot of making the roster because of our "veteran depth" at the position...what? haha it is our least veteran group.

I do like how he mentioned, for our OLB's, that they are smaller with strong cores, bc they fit our system well. Lets hope their strong cores do actually help them shed blocks. I did not know that Crowell was as young as he is.

casdhf
06-29-2007, 08:07 AM
I agree for the most part. We didn't win with Fletch, so replacing him doesnt bother me. I think what we'll miss the most is his leadership. He also had a nose for the big play, which we will probably miss too.

patmoran2006
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
LOL at this article.

justasportsfan
06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Top 5 lb corps babay!!!

Wys Guy
06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
It always cracks me up at how when players with a laundry list of a half-decade of sub-mediocre play defining him is said to be just that, mediocre, many rant and rave at how "negative" such an assessment is. Yet, in this review Puz is already guaranteed better than Fletcher.

LMAO

As to DiGiorgio, ya just gotta watch out for those "sneaky" LBs.

:D

im4bflo
06-29-2007, 01:27 PM
:xtreme: POZ :xtreme:

justasportsfan
06-29-2007, 02:09 PM
what's this ? blog envy,wys? :D