• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Buffalo Bills Positional Previews: CB

Webster: stealing RCB? (Courtesy BuffaloBills.com) Note: To view other positional breakdowns, click your desired position. QB, RB, HB, TE, WR, OT, OG/C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB I write this Bills...

Ladies and gentlemen, the Buffalo Bills are better off without Nate Clements at cornerback. That might sound insane to most Bills fans - after all, Clements was our best cornerback, and the position is considered by many to be downgraded from last year. Read on - I shall do my best to convince you that not just the team, but the defensive backfield will be improved (eventually) with Clements thieving millions in San Francisco.

Clements meant a lot to this defense last season because of the fact that Fewell was playing a lot more match-up coverage (i.e. Clements on the top receiver) than he liked to. This was a mid-season switch after McGee gave up some big plays; if the team decides to go back to their original plan of corners staying on their own side, there will be growing pains. There will be growing pains regardless. But this position is far from desolate - in fact, it's brimming with talent. Like every other position on the team's defense, the Bills are cutting their losses with Clements, a good player that was vastly overrated in free agency. Things are looking up at Buffalo's cornerback position; the only required ingredient is a bit of patience.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills Positional Previews: CB

And how many games will we lose during those growing pains while we're displaying patience? Haven't we displayed enough patience yet?

This may be the biggest homeristic spin I've ever read. The guy doesn't even account for the fact that our crap-tacular DL is unlikely to generate a lot of QB pressure, which puts even more pressure on the CB's.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

good article, but I don't think he ever really made a persuasive argument to back up his lead-in point that we're allegedly better off without Clements.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

What a STUPID STUPID observation.

We're better off without Clements because "Fewel had to play a lot more match-up coverage than he liked to"?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. If true, thats because MCGEE sucked and Clements had to pick up the slack.

Going by that idiot logic, then wouldn't we be better off without McGee?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
          good article, but I don't think he ever really made a persuasive argument to back up his lead-in point that we're allegedly better off without Clements.
          I totally agree.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Top 5 pass D, baby!!!!
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
            X