PDA

View Full Version : Should Buffalo go after DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila?

don137
03-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Since it is slow out ther these days...I was wondering if DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila- Green Bay, who is a restricted free agent is worth going after and giving up a first round pick? I can't see Green Bay having a lot of money to work with the guy and he is due for a big pay day. He is 25 years old and had 25.5 sacks the last two years.

BillsNYC
03-17-2003, 01:19 PM
no...because i can't say his name! :D

Mr. Anonymous
03-17-2003, 01:22 PM
He'd be a nice addition, but we need help at DT a lot more. I think we are OK at DE.

venis2k1
03-17-2003, 01:25 PM
He is a STUD!!!! KGB is a legit Superstar. I think it might be a good idea IF we could land Adams

McD
03-17-2003, 01:26 PM
We could use the help, but I think we can get it in the draft.

McD

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Trust me on this one. Here in Wisconsin, KGB is a superstud. He wasn't actually a starter until their line got hurt, and there was a question about whether he could be a down-to-down guy. He passed that test with flying colors.

But I wouldn't give away a first rounder for him. We're okay on DE right now. KGB would be a plus, but I wouldn't pay too much just to have some depth.

By the way, the pronounciation of his name is:
Kabeer (Ka-Beer)
Gbaja (Ba-Ha)
Biamila (Be-Ah-Me-La)

KGB for short. :D

Buffarama
03-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by don137
Since it is slow out ther these days...I was wondering if DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila- Green Bay, who is a restricted free agent is worth going after and giving up a first round pick? I can't see Green Bay having a lot of money to work with the guy and he is due for a big pay day. He is 25 years old and had 25.5 sacks the last two years.

I think Buffalo better go after a spell checker.

Doc
03-17-2003, 03:30 PM
KGB will want a huge payday after he gets traded. Forget him. Posey can do a good job in a edge-rushing role if need be.

As for KGB, didn't his bro (Akbar) drop the "G" from "Gbaja?"

Cntrygal
03-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Could we just put KGB on his uni? :finfan:

Buffarama
03-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Doc

As for KGB, didn't his bro (Akbar) drop the "G" from "Gbaja?"

Boy, what a relief!:huh:

Schobel94
03-17-2003, 07:07 PM
I think we should draft Chris Kelsay at DE to compete for the starting spot, if we do that, then the line will be awsome.

itsandthings
03-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Buffalo doesn't have the needed compensation to sign Gbaja-Biamila.

The rule for signing RFA is the team signing the player to an offer needs to have a pick at or above their original draft position. That rule was put in to keep teams from trading to the bottom of a round before signing a restricted player to an offer sheet.

Thus Buffalo, with the #23 pick, can't sign Gbaja-Biamila. They would need to trade up to the #14 pick or above (their original draft position).

Stewie
03-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Damn, I was all set to write about how Adams and KGB would put us in the superbowl, and I was very happy about it until I read that post. Oh well. Maybe we can convince bill bidwell to trade their #1 for eddie robinson, since he doens't seem to want to actually pay players to play football.

Bert102176
03-19-2003, 11:56 AM
was he undrafted or drafted I can't really remember if undrafted then if he were to sign with the Bills they wouldn't owe GB any picks.

itsandthings
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
He was given the mid-level tender, which requires a #1 pick for compensation no matter when he was drafted (of if he was not).

It is only the low tender which stipulates a draft pick in the same round as the player was drafted as compensation.

The high tender requires a #1 and #3 pick as compensation.

Cntrygal
03-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila went fishing Wednesday but the Philadelphia Eagles weren't biting.

The Green Bay Packers' restricted free agent asked the Eagles for a $14 million signing bonus on a multi-year contract averaging more than $6 million per year, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.
Gbaja-Biamila flew out of Philadelphia Wednesday night after a 24-hour visit in which the Eagles made their best attempt to woo him but in the end made it clear they had no intention of meeting his request.

more... (http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/mar03/126787.asp)

Bert102176
03-20-2003, 11:42 AM
well a guy like him is worth a #1 pick IMO