PDA

View Full Version : Complete Buffalo Bills fantasy breakdown

Pinkerton Security
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/2007draftkit/story?id=2919636

What to Look for in 2007
Losman was very effective during a key stretch of the fantasy season, as he threw 10 touchdown passes with only four interceptions from weeks 11-15. He finished the year, however, with two touchdowns and four interceptions in his final two games. Overall, though, it was clear Losman was starting to make better reads and he showed less of a tendency to make maddening mistakes under pressure. Although he still must develop more consistency in the short and midrange passing games, Losman is making definite strides mechanically and in his decision-making, and he'll be a quality fantasy reserve in 2007.
Lynch will be an instant-impact rookie and a quality No. 2 fantasy running back. He can offer more as an all-around player than McGahee, and he has already impressed the coaching staff during minicamps. Lynch is an effective inside runner who can also be a threat on the outside; he will bust loose for some big gainers once he gets to the second level of defenders. The Bills also intend to use him a lot as a receiver out of the backfield, making Lynch a solid selection in the third round of fantasy drafts. If he doesn't live up to expectations immediately, he'll share carries with Thomas. Lynch will still show a heck of a lot of promise.
Evans is on the verge of becoming a fantasy superstar. He has quickly become a well-rounded receiver who not only has explosive downfield gears, but also runs sharp routes and is capable of making key catches. Evans has great concentration, strong hands and isn't deterred by double-teams. He will clearly stamp himself as one of the very best receivers in fantasy football in 2007. Unfortunately, Evans doesn't get much help from the rest of Buffalo's wide receivers and tight ends. Price struggles to get open consistently, is no longer dangerous in the open field and has minimal fantasy appeal. Royal is a very good blocker and occasional red zone threat. He's a good bye week plug-in, but not much more.

worth reading, IMO, especially if you're bored at work like me.

OpIv37
06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't touch any Bills player as a fantasy starter, other than maybe Evans. If you're in a bigger league, Losman might be a good pick as a #2 QB because he could be a sleeper. And while I feel Lynch will contribute to the team, he's a rookie who will make rookie mistakes early on, and rookies tend to get tired later in the season. I just don't see him putting up great fantasy numbers.

Pinkerton Security
06-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't touch any Bills player as a fantasy starter, other than maybe Evans. If you're in a bigger league, Losman might be a good pick as a #2 QB because he could be a sleeper. And while I feel Lynch will contribute to the team, he's a rookie who will make rookie mistakes early on, and rookies tend to get tired later in the season. I just don't see him putting up great fantasy numbers.

Ya I think Lynch will split the carries too much to be a full time starter for my fantasy team. I am thinking about having JP as my QB in all my leagues tho, just for fun. If it were for money I probably wouldnt, but since its just for s***s and giggles, I think Im gonna use him in every one I am in. That will allow me to focus on getting awesome RB's and WR's anyways.

justasportsfan
06-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I am thinking about having JP as my QB in all my leagues tho, just for fun. .
I think with the added weapons and protection , he wouldn't be such a bad pick.

Reading bb.com about no. 2 qb and the rb video, I think the Qb and wr will be our biggest strength eventually.

Pinkerton Security
06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
right but with people hating on JP, it will be easy t o pick him up later on.

justasportsfan
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
right but with people hating on JP, it will be easy t o pick him up later on.
wait til camp starts, I doubt people will be hatin much. To the rest of the NFl JP is still a kept secret. Barring injuries this season the world will know , they will listen ,they will tremble with fear and kneel before him.

See my sigpic , Probowl baby!!!!!!!

OpIv37
06-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I think with the added weapons and protection , he wouldn't be such a bad pick.

Reading bb.com about no. 2 qb and the rb video, I think the Qb and wr will be our biggest strength eventually.

QB- maybe. Losman showed some promise last year.

WR- no ****ing way. We have Evans- who's great- and then a bunch of mediocrity.

justasportsfan
06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
QB- maybe. Losman showed some promise last year.

WR- no ****ing way. We have Evans- who's great- and then a bunch of mediocrity.
i meant rb.

thanks. but i won't count out 3 other wr's with over 500 yards to go with Evans' 1000+ yards.