PDA

View Full Version : Hat's off to Log!

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2003, 01:53 PM
During the game, I went from thinking I was a shoe in to the depths of despair and back at least 2 or three times during the game. He certainly kept us on our toes, and he made it a lot of fun.

Hat's off!!

Patrick76777
03-17-2003, 01:59 PM
I was going to do the same thing but I didn't want to be called a Dork............

..Dork.

Earthquake Enyart
03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Giving someone props when they are due is not being a dork. Ya dork. :eek:

Patrick76777
03-17-2003, 02:21 PM
I hear ya....

..Dork

lordofgun
03-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys. :D It was a blast watching you all suffer. ;)

Gunzlingr
03-17-2003, 03:26 PM
:bf1: It was a blast, even if I didn't win!

Patrick76777
03-17-2003, 03:28 PM
I actually had a Great time. I loved the play of the game. it was a ton of fun.

Brian H
03-17-2003, 03:29 PM
It sure was fun again great job man !

Valerie
03-17-2003, 03:34 PM
I had a ball too. It was a lot different than I originally thought it would be, as far as the challenges were concerned. I was on the phone with Wys about two weeks ago and I raved about the game and how well Log put it together. I hope he passed the message along, Log. :)

What really impressed me was how evil people thought I was and how much power they thought I had and how dead wrong they were. lol

lordofgun
03-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I was on the phone with Wys about two weeks ago and I raved about the game and how well Log put it together. I hope he passed the message along, Log. :)

He did. Thanks! ;)

Brian H
03-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Funny I was on the phone with wys the same night and he told me a different story about you Jaded...........

Valerie
03-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun He did. Thanks! ;)
:up: You really did do an awesome job. You're a very creative person. You should think about doing something with that. You've got a great mind, albeit an evil one. I think you could make millions! Millions in real money, not zone bucks. lol :)

lordofgun
03-17-2003, 03:42 PM
:$:

BillC
03-17-2003, 03:44 PM
I originally entered this game to help log fill the field, plus I thought it would help in the development of this character. My main goal wasn't to win, but just make things interesting. Little did I know this would become a bit addicting.

Before the contest started, LoG even asked me for Ideas on some Challenges. I came up with the News hunt, and suggested a vintage Buffalo Bills photo hunt (which I really wish he would have done, with a dozen people scouring the net we really could have built an image library for the history page, the big fat dork!)

Early on, LoG also screwed up innbuilding the private forums. Unbeknownst to him, he didn't block access for some of the User IDs used by the staff for site maintenance (LouGrant, Dozerdog, Billszone Moderator) I even posted in the PF of the Biitches by accident before I realized it was a PF. I did, in the sense of fairness and competition, turn off all access to those IDs until I was removed from the contest.

Resigning the first time to devote my time to other projects, I also will lay claim to devising the challenge in which both teams "raided" each other 's private forum. I also devised the rule where the vote was to take place BEFORE the raids, as I didn't want challengers to "discover" alliances in the other's PF's and vote out the traitors. We also decided to leave the PF's open to the public during the raids. Our sides were splitting the whole time we put it together. I had no idea it would implode the Hotties team.

Log's only flaw there was the big, fat dope ran the challenge during the day, I pushed hard for him to do it the night before. There would be more participants and more people to read the PF's.

Little did I know I would get sucked back into this game. I was totally prepared to give all my votes to Thurm, as with all the Spikes and Price action going on, I needed to devote time to updating the news on the site. But once Brian H started all his crying, I decided to go for it just to keep him from coming back.

Once back, my only mission was to eliminate the rest of the hotties. I was unable to continue with any challenges the final week. Only an internet outage at my office prevented me from resigning again once it was Sexy ***** against Sexy *****.

I thought nothing could top the Insult contest. Boy, was I ever wrong!

Patrick76777
03-17-2003, 03:45 PM
naw, you suck Log.

lordofgun
03-17-2003, 03:47 PM
:eek:

Patrick76777
03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
When the real Survivors get off the Island they always say it was much harder then they thought it was going to be.

Mentally it’s totally true. I never thought it would be as hard as it was. Like EE said before, I thought I had the game in my hands at about 2 or 3 points. Only to have it taken away.

Michael82
03-17-2003, 04:02 PM
I wish I joined this. I'll be sure to join next year. Great Job, LOG! :up:

Gunzlingr
03-17-2003, 04:25 PM
My wife got pissed, because I was always running to the computer (and talking about the challenges), and the marathon challenge she came out at 2 am (I think), and royally ripped into me. I told I had insomnia, even though I could barely keep my eyes open! It an was awesome time, I enjoyed getting to know my teammates, and hope that some we can do it again sometime.

shelby
03-17-2003, 05:36 PM
log is an evil freaking genious, and a puppet master. It was hysterical to see how seriously some people were taking the game.
:snicker: TOS violations and bruised feelings...it's all good;)

BironsGirl43
03-17-2003, 05:46 PM
:friends: I agree LOG.. you did a great job.. you put a lot of time and effort into making the game what it was and it was a lot of fun. Like I said to you the other night.. the best part was getting to know people better and having some fun. I really got to know my teammates better and people that I didn't really know at the start.. like Gunz, PA, SoCal.. you guys were awesome. And I was sorry to see how things got personal and arguments started over the whole thing.. it was just a game.. and just for fun.. it should have been fun.. I hope those in conflict have resolved a few things.. because in the end.. is it really worth it? Losing friends over a silly..errr great game.. ;).. I don't think so.. and I know at one point I told the SB on our board.. that if we ever got to the point where we were arguing as the Hotties were.. then I would have voted myself off..

Ebenezer
03-17-2003, 06:03 PM
like i said on a different thread...anytime i can make over 10,000 zbs and not play is a good time for me!!

Typ0
03-17-2003, 06:31 PM
I thought when the game was presented to people the TOS violations were clearly going to be fair game. I can honestly say a lot of the comments I made that were TOS violations weren't at all because I was upset and just ripping into people. Sometimes I can get a little carried away I will admit that. But when that italics challenge was being played out I just couldn't help myself but react the way I did to some things the opportunities were too good to pass up and I assure you I was LMAO the whole way. The MBA program I went through was like two years of this Survivor game in a lot of ways and I know some of the tricks and crap people pull to get others on a team lined up behind them when things are so cut-throat. I did call Jaded a ***** in one of those threads a couple times and she way over-reacted to it. For one thing, the timing on the thread I thought it was completely hillarios and one of the best ones I have ever dropped on the boards and I am a wise ass jokester. I certainly would have explained all this to Jaded and apologized to her but I was a little ire'd she couldn't own up to the fact that some of the things that were being said were true. Basically, my concerns and comments were firmly based in things that were really happening. Jaded seems to think that because she was along for the ride that absolves her of all responsibility and it doesn't. I went after her so strongly because she was the most vocal communicator of that little group and I wanted to shake them all loose. Unfortunately, it ended up back-firing and killing the Hotties because I was so vocal Clump started to call me into question then he waged a war against me for something I didn't do and ended up quitting which killed the voting lead we had. As far as the ***** comments go, I guess people don't recognize a play on words like that so easily. The other team was the *****es weren't they? Anyone working against the Hotties was a *****.

Typ0
03-17-2003, 06:38 PM
http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10879&perpage=15&highlight=coldhearted%20*****&pagenumber=1

That's the thread I was talking about. This challenge started right after I called Jaded and her co-horts out about the voting alliance. I think the funniest thing about it is I actually threw her a comment and all she saw was I was calling her a *****...LMAO.

Sorry Jaded. You are just too easy for this type of game.

Jack In Syracuse
03-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Well, I know one thing. I'm not playing next time. I wasn't in it long, but the way the Hotties self destructed is not something I would want to be part of again. Plus the fact that the challenges took part at all different times of day was difficult. I have a regular 40-hr week job, I'm in the Blue Coat (http://www.buffalobills.com/community/index.cfm?cont_type_id=1377) organization, I'm also involved in two commitees for a group here called CNY Sparc (http://www.cnysparc.com) plus I'm on the Events Commitee at the Syracuse Chamber Of Commerce. (http://www.syracusechamber.com/chamber_info/home.cfm) I really don't have the time to devout as much as some others that were in the game. And some people saw that as a weakness.

Fat Tony
03-17-2003, 07:42 PM
And you guys wanted me to take action on this......

:rolleyes:

However, If I did, EE would have been 5-1 , Biron'sGirl 30-1

Brian H
03-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BillC

Resigning the first time to devote my time to other projects, I also will lay claim to devising the challenge in which both teams "raided" each other 's private forum. I also devised the rule where the vote was to take place BEFORE the raids, as I
Little did I know I would get sucked back into this game. I was totally prepared to give all my votes to Thurm, as with all the Spikes and Price action going on, I needed to devote time to updating the news on the site. But once Brian H started all his crying, I decided to go for it just to keep him from coming back.

Glad I influenced ya big guy !

Typ0
03-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Jack, it was a serious weakness. Some of the challenges were structured such that everyone's participation was mandatory. We did not make up the rules but the people in the game could not help but see someone who could not be online as a potential hurdle to winning a challenge. I still don't understand why this is so unreasonable to some people or why you would think that the fact that you have more in your life means people in a stupid game like this should carry you.

Typ0
03-17-2003, 09:17 PM
I also don't think we self destructed as much as people think just because there was some strife. We were very close to winning this thing and we would have won if it was fair and we weren't placed at so much of a disadvantage. Unfortunatelly, someone that isn't even playing the game sabotaged us (or it was clump and LOG) and pinned it on me which wasn't enough of a challege because I had been so vocal. LOG said he was manipulating the game so someone couldn't get too far out in front. What he didn't account for in his plans to screw us over was Clump rising up and winning a challenge all by himself--a challenge we did not have any other chance to win. We were in the drivers seat at that point. But Clump did not want any of the Hotties to win so he screwed us over in the end. I don't really know what happened all I know is I had nothing to do with it but people pin it on me because I am outspoken.

Dozerdog
03-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Please stop your whining! :cry:

Brian H
03-17-2003, 09:24 PM
lol

Typ0
03-17-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm not whining at all. I'm stating facts. That is a lot different than whining.

Dozerdog
03-17-2003, 09:36 PM
The way I see it, reading those forums- while joking or not with the attacks on J7, you drew a bullseye on your back from the start.

Valerie
03-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Typ0 That's the thread I was talking about. This challenge started right after I called Jaded and her co-horts out about the voting alliance. I think the funniest thing about it is I actually threw her a comment and all she saw was I was calling her a *****...LMAO.

Sorry Jaded. You are just too easy for this type of game.
No worries, Typ0.:shake: I know I was vocal, but it's actually a good thing. I'm finally learning to stick up for myself. And yes, I know I can take things too personally at times, but I hate being attacked when it's unwarranted. I wasn't some evil mastermind behind some grand scheme. I was honestly trying to work as a team and kick some butt. It's a shame we fell apart, because I think we had the stronger team. We just weren't as unified as the *****es.

You live and you learn. At least now I know who's true to their word and trustworthy and who isn't. It was an eye opener for me.

Typ0
03-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Jaded, I never actually thought you were the instigator. I only knew something was up and logic tells me you would be a main artery of support because you are good about communicating with everyone. My real intention was to flush out the real culprit and leave them vulnerable and unsuspecting. There were several people who figured out who that person was by the way they were posting. It was so obvious anyone who could read could see who was trying to cover something up so in that sense it worked very well. Sorry you had to be exploited like that.

Typ0
03-17-2003, 10:37 PM
The way I see it, reading those forums- while joking or not with the attacks on J7, you drew a bullseye on your back from the start.

I think I said that somewhere in my posts on this thread. I never wanted to win anyway I just wanted to have some fun. I did want a hottie to win though that was important to me.

Jack In Syracuse
03-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Please stop your whining! :cry:

I agree, games over. Get over it. I did.

Cntrygal
03-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
My wife got pissed, because I was always running to the computer (and talking about the challenges), and the marathon challenge she came out at 2 am (I think), and royally ripped into me. I told I had insomnia, even though I could barely keep my eyes open! It an was awesome time, I enjoyed getting to know my teammates, and hope that some we can do it again sometime.

:lol:

Valerie
03-18-2003, 12:51 PM
:chuckle: @Gunzlingr. Yeah, I think we were all a bit obsessed with the game. I know I would rush home and make sure I was online for the challenges and around during the day. I swear, I did more work on Survivor than I did at my job during that first week! And poor Patrick was sneaking out of the house roaming the streets looking for a computer. lol I called Ticat on night around 7pm and told him to go back to his work so he could log on and do a challenge. The poor guy. It was cold and snowing and he wasn't in the mood to go back out since he was settled in, but he did! :) I kept a list of phone numbers of all the Hotties with me at all times in case I had to contact one of them ASAP. I had a ball too! :)

Gunzlingr
03-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

That was nothing Cntry, Saturday after lunch, I was supposed to meet her in the food court. So I sat there for over an hour after you left, only to discover she meant the Target food court. She was royally pissed at that, until she realized she didnt specify which food court!

Dozerdog
03-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Gunz:gag::whip: Mrs Gunz

Gunzlingr
03-18-2003, 04:29 PM

Shiny Chicken
03-18-2003, 06:55 PM
I personally would love to see a re-match... same teams... new challenges...

Typ0
03-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Shut the hell up chicken before we have BillsZone Souffle.

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 12:47 PM

That was nothing Cntry, Saturday after lunch, I was supposed to meet her in the food court. So I sat there for over an hour after you left, only to discover she meant the Target food court. She was royally pissed at that, until she realized she didnt specify which food court!

LMAO!!!!!!!! I forgot all about the Target "food court", when she said that she'd meet you there!!! I thought she meant the main one too! OOPS!!! Tell her I said "hello". :)

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2003, 12:51 PM
She should kick your ass for taking her out to lunch in any food court.

Gunzlingr
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
I took her to lunch at Fuddruckers. Just me, Cnty, my wife, my kids, and my father in law. Being the nice guy that I am, I bought.

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I took her to lunch at Fuddruckers. Just me, Cnty, my wife, my kids, and my father in law. Being the nice guy that I am, I bought.

ALL TRUE!!!

lordofgun
03-19-2003, 01:54 PM
I wired gunz the money. :snicker:

Gunzlingr
03-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Could you wire me some ZB's, too LOG?

Valerie
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
I thought you guys were just kidding about meeting at Fuddruckers this past weekend. That's cool that you really met up!:) I wish I could've come too. :(

Gunzlingr
03-19-2003, 02:26 PM
See, there you go not believing me again!

Dozerdog
03-19-2003, 02:42 PM
I love the Fudruckers 1 pound all american hamburger.

Now the bastards took that away from me..........Cholesterol bastards!

Valerie
03-19-2003, 02:48 PM
I know, Gunzlingr. You would've thought I learned my lesson by now. Obviously not. ;)

Dozer, are you allowed to treat yourself at all? I know you've got high cholesterol and have to cut back a lot, but are you allowed to have treats every few weeks?

Cntrygal
03-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I thought you guys were just kidding about meeting at Fuddruckers this past weekend. That's cool that you really met up!:) I wish I could've come too. :(

:shakeno:

geesh.... you didn't even believe me??? :drinker::insane: