PDA

View Full Version : Be Patient!

BSU Drew
06-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok lets be honest. Losing both Briere and Drury could be a huge setback to this team, but ive had enough of this Negative Nancy talk. Look at it from a different angle. If we do end up losing both of them it will free up a lot of money. The Sabres may have full intentions of signing equally talented players with that money. Just be patient and lets see how everything turns out.

Philagape
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
The Sabres may have full intentions of signing equally talented players with that money.

There are no equally talented free agents. The only ones who could come close are Gomez and Smyth, and what are the odds of landing them? Have the Sabres ever won a bidding war?

Scumbag College
06-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Drury and Briere have been the heart and soul of this team the last couple of years. Add in the probable losses of Afinogenov and Zubrus, and this is not the same team.

Sorry.

Philagape
06-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Afinogenov? Huh?

BSU Drew
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Drury and Briere have been the heart and soul of this team the last couple of years.The Sabres had no heart or soul in the playoffs

ct bills fan
06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Equal talent to Briere and Drury? You can't be serious - who are we signing of equal talent - Perreault and Martin of 1975?

BSU Drew
06-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Gomez, Selanne, Iginlia, Smyth, and last but not least Eric Lindros hahaha Seriously guys let it play out before you have a tantrum.

Carlton Bailey
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Selanne has never played in the East. Why would he know, at his age? Iginla is not a UFA. Smyth and Gomez aren't realistic. If the Sabres aren't up to par on matching the co-captains' demands, why would they be for a big-money free agent from outside the organization?

Expecting them to do anything huge is probably far-fetched. Just hope and pray Druuuuuuury re-signs.

BSU Drew
06-29-2007, 08:31 PM
why would they be for a big-money free agent from outside the organization? I'll tell you exactly why you would want to bring new blood in. We didnt win the cup! We had zero heart or soul during the playoffs.. New blood might change that.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I think fans of this team have every right to be jumpy in their attitudes. This team has shown a track record of trying to be cautious when it comes to their guys and then they end up losing them. I actually take more offense to you saying calm down than I do with everyone else. Fans of this team have every right to be PO'd with these rumors.

Nighthawk
06-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok lets be honest. Losing both Briere and Drury could be a huge setback to this team, but ive had enough of this Negative Nancy talk. Look at it from a different angle. If we do end up losing both of them it will free up a lot of money. The Sabres may have full intentions of signing equally talented players with that money. Just be patient and lets see how everything turns out.

Why would the Sabres throw money at other big-name free agents, but not their own? Sorry, but that makes no sense. If they don't sign Drury or Briere, then it is a good sign that the biggest goal of this organization is not to win a championship, but to make big profit. I'm hoping for the best, but I will lose a lot of respect for this organization if they don't resign one of the Captains.

BSU Drew
06-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I understand everything you guys are saying and i dont necessarily disagree with it. Im just saying wait and see how things play out before you start throwing a tantrum. I dont think going to the conference finals for the past two years and losing is good. I think consistantly trying to make the next step is the best way to go and if thats trying something different then im all for it. I want the cup as much as you guys do and i as a fan wouldnt be opposed to trying a new approach. Trust me i love Drury and Briere but i would love the cup more!

Philagape
06-29-2007, 10:04 PM
The past two years have been our Cup window. We had two franchise players great in their own ways and a deep team full of good young talent well-suited for the new NHL, and a top-shelf goalie, all affordable. Take away any one of those factors, and we're not a Cup team. We'll still be playoff contenders as long as Miller is the goalie, but this was our best shot and we blew it.

Michael82
06-30-2007, 12:57 AM
The past two years have been our Cup window. We had two franchise players great in their own ways and a deep team full of good young talent well-suited for the new NHL, and a top-shelf goalie, all affordable. Take away any one of those factors, and we're not a Cup team. We'll still be playoff contenders as long as Miller is the goalie, but this was our best shot and we blew it.
Don't forget that the league is already going back to the old style too where the refs swallow their whistles.... :ill:

That definitely helps to close our window. :(