• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Clements Deal Actually 7 years $64 Million Not 8 Years $80 Million

49ers | Clements contract details
    Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:21:53 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers CB Nate Clements' contract was a seven-year deal worth $64 million, not the eight-year deal worth $80 million that had been previously reported.
    Still too much but it sounds a lot better.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Clements Deal Actually 7 years $64 Million Not 8 Years $80 Million

Dockery's is basically just a 5-year deal worth about $23 million.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Dockery's is basically just a 5-year deal worth about $23 million.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=177
      Then we got a hell of a bargain.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        49ers | Clements contract details
        Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:21:53 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers CB Nate Clements' contract was a seven-year deal worth $64 million, not the eight-year deal worth $80 million that had been previously reported.

Still too much but it sounds a lot better..

IDK i believe when i see it in madden

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
          IDK i believe when i see it in madden
          grrrrr..........

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

It's barely better. Instead of the deal averaging (not that he'd have seen the end of either deal) $10M, it's $9.14M. But he still gets $22M in guaranteed money. Still WAY not worth it.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

So you guys couldn't trade him before his contract expired?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                So you guys couldn't trade him before his contract expired?
                Everyone want's to pretend that it didn't happen around here.

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

Seriously, pro football talk reported this the day clements signed the contract. Too bad they're just a "rumor" site.
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    grrrrr..........

was just a joke

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Brian G
                      • May 2007

Still more than Champ Bailey, which makes it highway robbery. Nate Clements can't hold a candle to Champ Bailey.
                      Buffalo Rumblings - check out the highest-trafficked Buffalo Bills blog on the Internet! Proud member of SportsBlogs Nation.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Everyone want's to pretend that it didn't happen around here.
                        If you're talking about last off-season, either no one wanted to trade for him OR the Bills didn't want to trade him. I was hoping someone would step-up, but apparently no one wanted an overrated CB who wanted Champ Bailey money, much less for a 1st rounder.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          If you're talking about last off-season, either no one wanted to trade for him OR the Bills didn't want to trade him. I was hoping someone would step-up, but apparently no one wanted an overrated CB who wanted Champ Bailey money, much less for a 1st rounder.
                          Sorry, but there is no way to defend this.

Marv made a "gentleman's agreement" that he wouldn't franchise Clements again.

If he didn't do that, either Clements would still be on our roster for around $8 million, or we would have traded him and gotten some compensation for a player who's highly valued around the league.

I agree that the guy is overrated, but he's still better than Webster/Thomas/Youboty and we still lost a guy that someone thought was worth $64 million with no compensation.

Even if no one was willing to give up a first for him, maybe we could have gotten a 2nd rounder or some LB depth or the DT we sorely need or a true #2 WR or a receiving TE....
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Sorry, but there is no way to defend this.

Marv made a "gentleman's agreement" that he wouldn't franchise Clements again.

If he didn't do that, either Clements would still be on our roster for around $8 million, or we would have traded him and gotten some compensation for a player who's highly valued around the league.

I agree that the guy is overrated, but he's still better than Webster/Thomas/Youboty and we still lost a guy that someone thought was worth $64 million with no compensation.

Even if no one was willing to give up a first for him, maybe we could have gotten a 2nd rounder or some LB depth or the DT we sorely need or a true #2 WR or a receiving TE....

Op i agree with you but ive seen it posted to many times....anyone who thinks getting nothing for clements was a good thing is stupid, but marv did make an agreement and i respect that he did keep it and i believe alot of players do. When was last time you could trust a GM. i wish we got something for clements but its in the past and if your gonna cry about something in the past, lets cry about everything. WIDERIGHT....homerun throwback.....4 straight SB loses. Its all stuff that cant be changed now so your *****ing means nothing. so deal with it like all of us have and move on...but i did agree with you

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                              Op i agree with you but ive seen it posted to many times....anyone who thinks getting nothing for clements was a good thing is stupid, but marv did make an agreement and i respect that he did keep it and i believe alot of players do. When was last time you could trust a GM. i wish we got something for clements but its in the past and if your gonna cry about something in the past, lets cry about everything. WIDERIGHT....homerun throwback.....4 straight SB loses. Its all stuff that cant be changed now so your *****ing means nothing. so deal with it like all of us have and move on...but i did agree with you
                              he was defending marv's action- he was wrong to defend the action.

As far as *****ing- what you call "*****ing" I call "evaluating". Wide right, the home run throwback- all that stuff is completely disconnected from the team now. However, Marv is still GM and he's the one responsible for the Clements move. Therefore, it's still extremely relevant.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X