X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

So who do the Sabres sign Sunday

Who do you think will be the first to ink with the Sabres tomorrow?

I think it'll be on Defense, maybe Hannan, Sutton or Stuart
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Re: So who do the Sabres sign Sunday

no-one, the Sabres are going to promote the players that they have down in Rochester up to the big leagues and fill them into the empty slots left open from the departure of Briere and Drury. That's how the Sabres build their team.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Drury.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I might fall off a chair if the Sabres signed anyone in the next week let alone Sunday.

Comment

• carybillsfan
          • Aug 2003

I still think they need to bolster there backline. The D really hurt us in the playoffs. Darcy will get some help

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

They signed Mair! Stanley Cup baby!!!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              no-one, the Sabres are going to promote the players that they have down in Rochester up to the big leagues and fill them into the empty slots left open from the departure of Briere and Drury. That's how the Sabres build their team.
              Who do they plan on 'promoting' to fill the empty seats in the stands?
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• clumping platelets

No one on Sunday, but if both Drury and Briere sign elsewhere...I would bet the farm that the Sabres sign someone in FA.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                  • Aug 2002

Regier falls, hits his head and without realizing a few years have passed by, signs Fitzpatrick and Peca. Then without explantion, resigns Novotny.
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• snow1989
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat

....If the stands are empty just because Drury and Briere aren't resigned without actually giving the team that takes the ice a chance.....then you must be talking about those casual 'bandwagon' fans....
                    I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      No one on Sunday, but if both Drury and Briere sign elsewhere...I would bet the farm that the Sabres sign someone in FA.

and they would over pay.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

did you forget that this team had injuries last year, and we had to call up players from Rochester Stafford, MacAurthur, Ryan, Paille, Kaletta,Funk that depleated their roster. Guess who two of the injuries were yep you guessed it Briere and Drury and we called up Stafford to take Briere's spot and MacAurthur took Drury's and they stepped in and didn't miss a beat and we still won those games so I don't see why everyone is getting so upset about this. This team is going to be fine it will be still a good team not like the team this year but it should still make the playoffs and we still have a great goalie in Miller who will be better next yr. If this team wins games the fans won't care if Briere and Drury or some big named UFA player is not here.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Good point! I don't think the stands will be empty right away, but if we go back to the old, slow, boring 2-1, 1-0 Sabres hockey games...there's no way that the Sabres will be the hottest ticket in town again. And if they lose two fan favorites and exciting players, that will definitely piss a bunch of people off and slow down the Sabres fever.

My prediction....

The Bills go back to being the hottest ticket in town and that's what everyone talks about in September, October, November and December. With their offense being as explosive as I believe it will, that will definitely help to get people excited! It should be fun to watch.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by snow1989
                            ....If the stands are empty just because Drury and Briere aren't resigned without actually giving the team that takes the ice a chance.....then you must be talking about those casual 'bandwagon' fans....
                            Like it or not, it's those 'casual bandwagon' fans that make the difference between selling out the arena or not. Very few franchises in ANY sport have a large enough 'hard-core for life' fan base to ensure consistent full houses.

Hell, even simply winning or making the playoffs on a consistent basis isn't enough to gaurantee packed houses, especially in WNY.

Two words..."The Comeback".
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              did you forget that this team had injuries last year, and we had to call up players from Rochester Stafford, MacAurthur, Ryan, Paille, Kaletta,Funk that depleated their roster. Guess who two of the injuries were yep you guessed it Briere and Drury and we called up Stafford to take Briere's spot and MacAurthur took Drury's and they stepped in and didn't miss a beat and we still won those games so I don't see why everyone is getting so upset about this. This team is going to be fine it will be still a good team not like the team this year but it should still make the playoffs and we still have a great goalie in Miller who will be better next yr. If this team wins games the fans won't care if Briere and Drury or some big named UFA player is not here.
                              Fans deal with injuries...it's more acceptable to lose a player to injury than through FA.

Stafford, MacAurther, et al temporarily replacing Briere, Drury, etc in the lineup is a teensy bit different than them taking their lockers for good.

Drury, Briere >>>>>>Stafford, MacAurther, by a mile, especially in the intangibles department.

Making the playoffs isn't good enough at this point...Anything short of a championship is a failure and opportunity lost.

Miller, I agree is going to be great, but he still needs to prove Ottawa doesn't own him. The Sens could very well turn out to be to Miller what the Bills were to Marino.

See my post above...eventually simply winning or making the playoffs won't be good enough, and considering the hype and expectations surrounding the team the past two years that time is here, now, IMO.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X