Can we all finally agree that this organization doesn't care about winning the Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Can we all finally agree that this organization doesn't care about winning the Cup?

I think it is plain to see that this organization has sent a very loud message that they don't care about winning championships. With that being said, I feel sorry for all of the season ticket holders who got suckered in to putting their money up before this happened. This front office should be ashamed.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can we all finally agree that this organization doesn't care about winning the Cup?

Why don't you babies wait and see our final roster before all this crying goes on.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Re: Can we all finally agree that this organization doesn't care about winning the Cup?

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      Why don't you babies wait and see our final roster before all this crying goes on.
      I don't have to wait and see. Are you seriously telling me that you think that they will go out and spend money on other FA's, but wouldn't give the money to their own? If so, then you obviously don't understand this organization.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

No.

Tell me, is putting over 1/3rd of the team's cap into three players the way to win? Was spending up to (and actually over for a while) to the cap last year another sign "the organization does not care".

I still have my season tickets and do so proudly.

The people that should be ashamed are the crying, whining, fans acting like spoiled brats before we know what the opening roster will look like.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          I don't have to wait and see. Are you seriously telling me that you think that they will go out and spend money on other FA's, but wouldn't give the money to their own? If so, then you obviously don't understand this organization.
          How much money did the organization spend last year, in terms of amount allowed?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

I don't agree that the organization doesn't want to win a championship. I DON'T agree with how they seem to going about it right now.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I will have a wait and see approach though.

You can't make anyone sign a contract here. If they don't want to be here or want a ton of money, there might not be a thing we can do to sign them.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                I don't agree that the organization doesn't want to win a championship. I DON'T agree with how they seem to going about it right now.
                That is more reasonable than saying they don't care.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I will have a wait and see approach though.

You can't make anyone sign a contract here. If they don't want to be here or want a ton of money, there might not be a thing we can do to sign them.
                  Another great point. We have no idea how much the two asked for.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Yes.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      No.

Tell me, is putting over 1/3rd of the team's cap into three players the way to win? Was spending up to (and actually over for a while) to the cap last year another sign "the organization does not care".

I still have my season tickets and do so proudly.

The people that should be ashamed are the crying, whining, fans acting like spoiled brats before we know what the opening roster will look like.
                      Listen, A-hole...I didn't call you any names (until now), so stop being a moron and if you don't agree with my take state it, but don't attack me or call me a cry baby. Grow the hell up already!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        How much money did the organization spend last year, in terms of amount allowed?
                        Exactly they were right on the cap. Drury and Briere while both very good players are not top 10 stars IMO. But since this is a weak free agent crop they are going to be paid that way. It is just the way it works.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

I like the way you stated this...I would have to say that states it more appropriately than I did.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                            • Sep 2003

I see that, once again, criticizing the organization is equated with hating it, eh? This sounds like current-day politics.

I won't go so far as to say the front office doesn't care about winning, but I will say that this situation could've been avoided. Briere shouldn't even be a concern this season, as the contract he was offered as a last-ditch the other day should've been given to him last season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Of course they DID let McKee go last year and signed Spacek. The FO doesn't ALWAYS come up with gems.

Comment

Working...
                              X