X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Let's look at this another way!

I read this post in another thread and it made me think...

...I don't have to wait and see. Are you seriously telling me that you think that they will go out and spend money on other FA's, but wouldn't give the money to their own? If so, then you obviously don't understand this organization.

That staement right there made me think "but wouldn't give the money to their own" maybe just maybe, the Sabres have decided NOT to break the bank on Chris and Danny, because they didn't get us the cup, they want too much money to come back, they are going to sign almost as good of offensive players with more size and grit and here is the big one, THEY ARE NOT ARE OWN!!!

Just a differnet view from all the "other thought" as to way they didn't sign!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Let's look at this another way!

Yea our two "biggest guns" are now gone but:

A) They can be replaced by a younger team willing to step-up

B) There's a slim chance at least Drury could re-sign after testing the market.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
      I read this post in another thread and it made me think...

...I don't have to wait and see. Are you seriously telling me that you think that they will go out and spend money on other FA's, but wouldn't give the money to their own? If so, then you obviously don't understand this organization.

That staement right there made me think "but wouldn't give the money to their own" maybe just maybe, the Sabres have decided NOT to break the bank on Chris and Danny, because they didn't get us the cup, they want too much money to come back, they are going to sign almost as good of offensive players with more size and grit and here is the big one, THEY ARE NOT ARE OWN!!!

Just a differnet view from all the "other thought" as to way they didn't sign!
      I'd like to think that was true, but Darcy isn't that smart or creative. His history shows us this. I hope you're right, but I don't know.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        I'd like to think that was true, but Darcy isn't that smart or creative. His history shows us this. I hope you're right, but I don't know.
        Are you sure, I believe he has been the man that put this team together, from the Sabres all the way down to the JR. organization. He may not do it like the Yankee's in baseball or the Rangers in hockey or the Cowboy's in football, but then again when is the last time any of these teams won the championship. Or you can ask it this way who has won in there respective sports? St Louis, Anaheim, and Indy none of these teams went nuts signing high price free agents that throws the team out of wack. They do however pay to keep THERE OWN!
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
          Are you sure, I believe he has been the man that put this team together, from the Sabres all the way down to the JR. organization. He may not do it like the Yankee's in baseball or the Rangers in hockey or the Cowboy's in football, but then again when is the last time any of these teams won the championship. Or you can ask it this way who has won in there respective sports? St Louis, Anaheim, and Indy none of these teams went nuts signing high price free agents that throws the team out of wack. They do however pay to keep THERE OWN!
          Listen, let's not give him too much credit...like he brought us multiple championships or something. He has won exactly zero championships...and has failed the past 2 years at the trade deadline to address major holes with this team going into the playoffs. Please, let's not forget this.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Listen, let's not give him too much credit...like he brought us multiple championships or something. He has won exactly zero championships...and has failed the past 2 years at the trade deadline to address major holes with this team going into the playoffs. Please, let's not forget this.
            And let's pinic and say stupids things like this orginization doesn't care! Team like the Yankee's and Cowboy's go out and way overspend for high prices has beens and don't win **** either! BTW they have a whole lot more money to spend and stupid fans that by into this way of doing biusiness. So lets look at there last wins. Yankee's 2000, Cowboys 1994.

Since he has bee the GM Darcy Regier the Sabres drafted and developed such players as Maxim Afinogenov, Henrik Tallinder, Ales Kotalik, Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad, Derek Roy, Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek. He has also made some important acquisitions as well, such as trading for Chris Drury, Tim Connolly, Daniel Briere and J.P. Dumont while trying to maintain a strict budget. I guess we shouldn't give him ANY credit! With this group of players and his eye for talent, even if we don't win the Stanley Cup, we will win a lot of games, and who knowns we might even rise the cup if we get lucky. Cause even with Drury and Briere we couldn't do it!
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Regier makes GREAT trades by acquiring Drury and Briere.

But what does that matter when they end up leaving when its time to get paid off .

Back to the drawing board.

I dont think the Sabres are going to SUCK without Drury and Briere, but they just fell to the middle of the pack.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
              X